NYE live stream? Could be partially Harmonious..

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Hearing there will be testing done within the next week, possibly as early as Sunday, for parts of the new show at Epcot being part of the "live stream" of fireworks for NYE.

If I understand correctly, the Harmonious part work be AFTER we move to 2021 to officially debut in that year. VERY limited people will be invited to see it live. Still waiting on my invite if anyone has an extra they want to send my way.

Giss Neric

I think they want to hype people up about Harmonious. I think they should not spoil it and just make it separate for the NYE livestream.

Squishy

Hearing there will be testing done within the next week, possibly as early as Sunday, for parts of the new show at Epcot being part of the "live stream" of fireworks for NYE.

If I understand correctly, the Harmonious part work be AFTER we move to 2021 to officially debut in that year. VERY limited people will be invited to see it live. Still waiting on my invite if anyone has an extra they want to send my way.
Are drones out of the question?

Notes from Neverland

Interesting. Most of the releases from Disney have discussed "previously recorded" shows. They could have some sort of surprise footage to add into those streams, but it seems like they'd wait until more of the show elements are in place.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Interesting. Most of the releases from Disney have discussed "previously recorded" shows. They could have some sort of surprise footage to add into those streams, but it seems like they'd wait until more of the show elements are in place.

Previously recorded could mean 12/30/20 for the stream. All I know is that pyro techs will be onsite at Epcot starting this weekend and there are schedules out there until 1/9/21. If anyone is staying at the resorts close to Epcot this weekend they could likely confirm any overnight tests.

jrhwdw

Previously recorded could mean 12/30/20 for the stream. All I know is that pyro techs will be onsite at Epcot starting this weekend and there are schedules out there until 1/9/21. If anyone is staying at the resorts close to Epcot this weekend they could likely confirm any overnight tests.
1/9/21? Is it possible the crew wil try to get EF back in the new year also? Why 1/9/21 for NYE? Or will Harm. keep testing weekly until it opens?

ppete1975

Are drones out of the question?
I know they were really hyping the drones and tested them a few times. I remember when it was big news and seeing the footage. I dont live in Florida so im wondering if they ever were a regular occurrence or what exactly happened. Not being able to go to the parks often makes some answers not obvious for me.

techgeek

I know they were really hyping the drones and tested them a few times. I remember when it was big news and seeing the footage. I dont live in Florida so im wondering if they ever were a regular occurrence or what exactly happened. Not being able to go to the parks often makes some answers not obvious for me.

Obviously at one point there was a expectation of drones... but none of these barges (for Harmonious) as built seem to accommodate any sort of landing / takeoff area, and there doesn’t seem to be an obvious location close to the lagoon where they could be staged and not have to fly over guests.

I don’t believe anyone has seen any sort of test or drone activity on property in quite some time. If I had to guess they got cut somewhere along the line... likely because they were just going to be too finicky to keep flying on a nightly basis. Maybe they would contract out a one-off show at some point, but I doubt as part of this NYE event in any way.

_caleb

Obviously at one point there was a expectation of drones... but none of these barges (for Harmonious) as built seem to accommodate any sort of landing / takeoff area, and there doesn’t seem to be an obvious location close to the lagoon where they could be staged and not have to fly over guests.

I don’t believe anyone has seen any sort of test or drone activity on property in quite some time. If I had to guess they got cut somewhere along the line... likely because they were just going to be too finicky to keep flying on a nightly basis. Maybe they would contract out a one-off show at some point, but I doubt as part of this NYE event in any way.
I keep expecting drones to (at least partially) replace fireworks in the parks. Over time, they would be much cheaper, safer (when flown over water/backstage), easier to slip in IP, and run by like two guys and a laptop.

I’m not saying I want this to happen, just that I’ve expected that it might.

Squishy

🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom