NYE advice

katyleroux

Original Poster
Hello! We are about to book a (pretty last minute) trip to Disney. We will arrive on NYE and stay for a week. We are complete noobies, and feeling quite overwhelmed when I look at these threads!

Is there any hope of getting anywhere for dinner on NYE? Where is the best place to watch fireworks (and will they still be at 9pm or only at midnight?)

Our kids are 8 and 12 (*although both pretty grown up for their ages and will want to stay up) - both Marvel fanatics so maybe this is more of a Universal question, but I think Disney is likely the place to be for NYE!

What advice do you have folks?

nickys

Premium Member
Hello! We are about to book a (pretty last minute) trip to Disney. We will arrive on NYE and stay for a week. We are complete noobies, and feeling quite overwhelmed when I look at these threads!

Is there any hope of getting anywhere for dinner on NYE? Where is the best place to watch fireworks (and will they still be at 9pm or only at midnight?)

Our kids are 8 and 12 (*although both pretty grown up for their ages and will want to stay up) - both Marvel fanatics so maybe this is more of a Universal question, but I think Disney is likely the place to be for NYE!

What advice do you have folks?
Where about are you staying?

Do you have park reservations yet? MK and Epcot are fully booked, so unless you have hopper tickets you won’t be able to watch from within those parks. But if you do have hoppers and have time to tap into your reserved park you can hop over to MK or Epcot after 2pm.

Fireworks at MK will be at 6:30pm and again at midnight. You could watch from the TTC across the lagoon or from any of the monorail resorts. Without a dining reservation though you’d have to park at the TTC and walk or monorail around.

I don’t think anything has been announced yet about a later showing of Harmonius at Epcot, or what kind of special fireworks may be added to it. Neither has anything been said about DHS.

If you use the MDE app you can search for available dining. The most likely options will be at a resort or Disney Springs.

katyleroux

Original Poster
Wow - thank you!

We are staying at Universal Endless Summer. We are literally booking tomorrow so can't book parks until then.
We don't land until 4pm so we won't make the 6.30 fireworks, but it would be great to have somewhere for dinner and at least an idea of where to catch the fireworks if we're still awake.

What is TTC?

What are the 'don't miss' spots we should try and book for dinners (while I'm in that spot!)?
I know many will be fully booked by now, but would like to try

Really appreciate your help :)

nickys

Premium Member
Wow - thank you!

We are staying at Universal Endless Summer. We are literally booking tomorrow so can't book parks until then.
We don't land until 4pm so we won't make the 6.30 fireworks, but it would be great to have somewhere for dinner and at least an idea of where to catch the fireworks if we're still awake.

What is TTC?

What are the 'don't miss' spots we should try and book for dinners (while I'm in that spot!)?
I know many will be fully booked by now, but would like to try

Really appreciate your help :)
The TTC is the parking lot for MK. Since you’re not staying onsite you’d have to pay to park there. But if you can get a dining reservation at a resort then you will be able to drive to the resort and park for free.

I just checked the dining options. Disney Springs is about the only place with availability for 4 (a random guess) other than restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge (which isn’t anywhere near MK) and Coronado Springs. Although Trails End at Fort Wilderness did show up and would have a good view of the fireworks.

Anywhere at Wilderness Lodge, Poly, Grand Floridian or Contemporary would give a good view of the MK fireworks.

monorail81

Be warned…if you are staying for a week, you’ll also be impacted by the WDW Marathon weekend From the 4th-8th. There will be some road closures later in the week.

katyleroux

Original Poster
Thank you both.
@monorail81 we will be there until the 7th. Where can I find more info about what will be closed to establish how much of an impact that will have on our trip?

monorail81

Thank you both.
@monorail81 we will be there until the 7th. Where can I find more info about what will be closed to establish how much of an impact that will have on our trip?
You can check out Rundisney.com. Under Events select Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. In a few weeks, they’ll have the digital event guide uploaded onto the site. Until that comes out, you won’t know what’s closed when.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom