Nye 2016-2017

Kierstinn

I know we just rang in the New Year, but recently i recieved a trip to Disney from dec27th 2016- Jan 4th 2017. Does anyone know if they usually do discounts around this time? Also, I'm traveling with 12 people since it is for my 21st birthday. If anyone knows the easiest and Cheapest way to book in the park that would be great

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Nope no discounts will happen at that time because it's the busiest week etc in WDW all year and also the most expensive for rooms all year as well those dates. Never have seen any discount in the past for that time. Sorry I couldn't give you the best news. :(

Upvote 0

Kierstinn

Original Poster
It's okay! Just wanted to see! Have you been there thst week? The price we have still isn't bad but extra discounts never hurt It's so far away but I can't wait!!

Upvote 0

Rob562

At best, you *might* be able to grab a small discount on the last few nights of your reservation after Jan 1, but it's possible that to do so would require a second reservation for each room.

With that many people, you might want to consider renting DVC points to stay in a villa or two. (12 people will fit in a 3-bedroom villa, but in many cases it's cheaper to rent the points to get two 2-bedrooms than a single 3-bedroom)

-Rob

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It's okay! Just wanted to see! Have you been there thst week? The price we have still isn't bad but extra discounts never hurt It's so far away but I can't wait!!

I personally have not because that week is absolutely crazy, although I hear still fun, and my DH can't take off being on call that week. But I have heard from people who have about it and either hated it or loved it. lol :p

Upvote 0

Cendure

We did it in 2014. A lot of people, but a lot of fun too. Make sure you book fast passes and dining if you want it. It's the only time I've ever seen 180 minute standby line for Pirates.

Upvote 0

ShareBDwithMickey

I second the previous poster who says discounts are extremely unlikely, however keep checking you never know. We saw in the Millennium at Epcot, that was a New Years party.

Expect huge crowds, it will be the busiest you will ever see the parks. Book your restaurant/s & fast passes & get there reasonably early, although guests are the last group to be excluded during phased closures (which will almost certainly happen at some point) it probably isn't something you want to risk.

Expect insane queues for all rides & long long queues at all the qs locations. Pack a sense of humour temper your expectations & you will have the most amazing birthday.

Oh & one crucial piece of advice, getting into toilets takes time, a long time, particulary for the ladies so take the opportunity to use restaurant ones when you are there as they will be the cleanest & quietest. Finally once you are in your chosen firework viewing location, try not to move because getting back to your group will be very difficult, the later it gets the harder it will be.

Have a blast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom