numbers down??? thats wierd

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
I just tried booking the b43f offer from Apr 24 to May 1 and the only resort available for my party size is saratoga springs...

thats wierd if they cant fill the rooms.

TURKEY

First, what's your party size?

Weekends are still popular especially for FL still and other AP with decent discounts on rooms. Go Sunday - Friday and you will probally find more options.

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
First, what's your party size?

Weekends are still popular especially for FL still and other AP with decent discounts on rooms. Go Sunday - Friday and you will probally find more options.

Just my Wife and I + my infant daughter. I also went the non-special offer way and they gave me Saratoga and WL. All other resorts were not available. I would call tomorrow, but I am not 100% sure I can get off of work then.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have just been told by a friend that they are certainly doing that at DLP as they have been moved tio another resort.

ToTBellHop

these deals are not available for all rooms--they still want some people to pay full price, especially during periods when there is a high demand (i.e. when all of the buy 4, get 3 free rooms are sold out).

The weekend of April 25-26 is the USASF Dance and Cheer World's Championships. It is an international championship. We were there in 2007, there were teams from 12 countries. They begin arriving the week prior to competition and departing the following week. There accommodations are at the All Star Resorts and Caribbean Beach. Which possibly created an overflow of regular guests into other resorts. Also, the Flower and Garden Festival will be in full swing.

goodtimes5286

they're having no issue filling them at the discounted prices. just not making as much off of it.

ADR down REVPAR up, but in this economy i think they should keep being more concerned with REVPAR then ADR, b/c only get 100 bucks per 10,000 rooms is better then getting 200 bucks for 2,000 rooms no matter which way you look at it.

Space Mountain

ADR down REVPAR up, but in this economy i think they should keep being more concerned with REVPAR then ADR, b/c only get 100 bucks per 10,000 rooms is better then getting 200 bucks for 2,000 rooms no matter which way you look at it.

You do know the majority of this site has no idea what you're talking about, right? j/k....I absolutely agree though. WDWC wants to fill their rooms as close too 100% occupancy as possible and they are willing to decrease their ADR to book more rooms. Those empty rooms are perishable each night and every night they stay empty, that is money lost to the company.

CBOMB

They say they are running at 85% occupancy rate right now. It sure didn't look like it at the WL when I was down there last week for 8 days.

disneydudette

I just tried booking the b43f offer from Apr 24 to May 1 and the only resort available for my party size is saratoga springs...

thats wierd if they cant fill the rooms.

Just plugged your dates and was offered rooms at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Old Key West, and Saratoga Springs via the 4/3 deal.

Worked it without the deal and was offered nearly every deluxe resort (no mods or values though)

With it being just over two months till your arrival, during a very popular Spring Break month, with several promotions currently going on (4/3, 40%, Military, and now $500gc) I'll be honest... I'm not surprised.

My only advice would be to watch the 45day mark from your arrival date... Its very possible that people who currently have deposits on 4/3 packages for your dates/week will cancel, freeing up a few packages. I'd call Disney around those dates and see what's available... there's no harm in asking.

We arrive the 2nd of May and had no problems with our room availability with this promotion back in early December. A few weeks later offers of 40% codes, Military Discounts, and other promotions started flooding the "boards." We received a code for the $500 gc with small room discount (not as good as 4/3 deal) and had no problems picking resorts when we called about it 2 weeks ago.

goodtimes5286

You do know the majority of this site has no idea what you're talking about, right? j/k....I absolutely agree though. WDWC wants to fill their rooms as close too 100% occupancy as possible and they are willing to decrease their ADR to book more rooms. Those empty rooms are perishable each night and every night they stay empty, that is money lost to the company.

im sry, i didnt think about that....

ADR = how much you get total, divided by each room you sell (so the average dollar per room sold)

REVPAR = how much you get total, divided by the number of rooms total in the hotel (sold or not sold), so its obviously lower then ADR but its a good measuring stick for the owner, to know how much his investment is making him a day per room.

n whats the $500 gc promo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom