Trip Report Now THIS is podracing!

IMG_6905.jpeg

When: January 19-25

Where: AoA Family Suites

Who: Me, DH, and lil BES (our 2.5 yo firecracker of a daughter)

IMG_8098.jpeg

Why: 1) To get a break from MI winter. (Our high next Tuesday is 9*F šŸ„¶)

Freezing Polar Bear GIF by Susanne Lamb

2) To recharge a bit in between some extremely busy and challenging times* at work. (*More on that later.)

3) To get more of a vacation-y vacation than my previous WDW trip.

In addition to being an overall fantastic kid, lil BES is a great traveler. That combined with my long history of WDW trips means I donā€™t need to prep a whole lot before the trip.

IMG_8057.jpeg

Thatā€™s great because it feels like I am 5% ready and we have 7 days before our trip and I work 4 of them. šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

Drying Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Our travel style is go with the flow and only have things loosely planned. With park reservations gone and all day park hopping back that should be a lot easier this trip.

Like anything involving a toddler this trip will be a little intense at times but overall I think weā€™re set up for a fun and wild ride.

IMG_8210.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday January 19th (Day 1)

I got up at 530am- which is my normal wake up time for work. šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

Overnight it snowed a couple of inches. It was still actively snowing and 16*F. (A welcomed increase from earlier in the week šŸ„¶)

I should have just went and got gas in my pajamas but since it was still snowing I was too lazy to clean off the car twice. Instead I showered and got myself ready.

Next I woke up DH and declared it was time to wake lil BES up.

App Deploy GIF

Lil BES was in a great mood. Props to grandma ā€œwith red hairā€ (my mom) for the suggestion of dressing lil BES in airport clothes instead of pjs the previous night.

Sometimes past BES sets future BES up for success. The night before I had made DH and I some overnight oats to eat for breakfast. Good work past BES.

We packed up all of the last minute items and went through our pre-trip checklist (doors locked, oven off etc). I went out to clean off the car, warm it up and started to load luggage.

Soon it was time to load our most precious cargo, lil BES.

IMG_8256.jpeg

We were ready to leave but had to go back inside to grab coats. #puremichigan

All of you Southern readers might be wondering why we werenā€™t already wearing coats in 16*F. There becomes a certain point in the winter when Michiganders base their decision to wear a coat on how long theyā€™ll be outside- not the temperature.

Lil BES had her light jacket on but DH and I were just in hoodies. So at the last minute I ran back inside our house to grab our real winter coats to have in the car in case anything happened during our transit to or from the airport.

IMG_8257.jpeg

Past BES both giveth and taketh away. Google suggested we leave at 645. We ended up leaving at 7am and then still had to get gas. Thanks a lot past BES. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Itā€™s typically an hour drive to airport for us. Now it was 80 minutes and increasing. The drive was slow but uneventful. It wasnā€™t even worst drive Iā€™d had that week.

We arrived at the airport 90 minutes before our flight instead of our standard 2 hours. No big deal.

This is exactly why I like to plan for 2 hours before and spring for parking in the airport garage.

Treat Yourself Donna Meagle GIF by Parks and Recreation

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I totally get the coat thing - I often do the same (my car is parked in a garage in my building and my office has a parking garage). And even when I do bring one along, I usually leave it in the car while I am at work. Oddly, a week or so ago I actually brought it up to my office, and I donā€™t know why because it wasnā€™t more cold than the day before or anything like that - but I was happy to have it when we had a surprise fire drill and I had to spend a half hour outside. šŸ˜‰

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster

I feel like Iā€™ve lived about 5 months in the 1 month since our trip. šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

Although I canā€™t say anything (officially) about my job situation yetā€¦

Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

And because I donā€™t have enough going in my life we are evaluating a potential move.

My intention is to get back to this soon. Especially since I want to remember all of lil BESā€™s trip comments while they are fresh.

Just know in the interim:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom