Now that Habit Heroes admits defeat, should WoL deserve awareness?

Should greater awareness for Wonders of Life be supported?

• Yes, I believe WoL should have greater awareness.

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • It depends on the situation... I'm indecisive.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WoL closed down, so who cares about it anymore?

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Don't even think about it...!

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
Since Habit Heroes is getting some flak and facing the scalpel, is there anyone out here believing they should have rehabbed and helped Wonders of Life back on its feet in the long run?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If a single display in Inoventions concerning health is getting this much flack what do you think would happen to an entire pavilion full of them?

flynnibus

Premium Member
WoL was horrible.. let it stay dead. It was like the worst of the land pavilion, combined with unfun imagination pavilion toys, combined with a horrible star tours clone.

The view of the dome was the only thing cool about the whole place.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
If a single display in Inoventions concerning health is getting this much flack what do you think would happen to an entire pavilion full of them?
Yep. 2012 is a lot different than 1989. If 1 person gets offended by something today, its a total different ballgame.

wdwfan4ver

No. While people are more on health kick today, people are more sensitive than ever even if only one person makes a big stink about how the attraction is picking on my weight.

The other thing is more people are more politically correctness in 2012 than Wonder of Life was open in 1989. The change in Political correctness was made clear when Pirates of the Caribbean changed the scene of a male pirate chasing a women to a woman chasing a male pirate based on the complaints that female rights group had.

Jimmy Thick

WoL closed because it was terrible and boring. I was there the last few times it was still open and it was a ghost town. The only people in there was the bored cast members. My wife and I walked in and felt like, "Eww, I can't believe Iam in here...". Let it stay dead, its what it deserves.

Jimmy Thick-They close down attractions for a reason.

RedFurredCadet

Original Poster
WoL closed because it was terrible and boring. I was there the last few times it was still open and it was a ghost town. The only people in there was the bored cast members. My wife and I walked in and felt like, "Eww, I can't believe Iam in here...". Let it stay dead, its what it deserves.

Jimmy Thick-They close down attractions for a reason.
Talk about 'your mileage may vary' in this issue.

TropicalFig8

I don't get why people think WOL was boring. It was one of my family's favorite pavillions. I used to ride Body Wars with my sister 2 times in a row.
I think the main reason why WOL and other attractions closed/and or got dumbed down is because people don't want to learn when they're on vacation.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The marquee attraction of WoL - body wars.. was inferior to both Star Tours and BTTF at the time. It came off as an inferior clone and the other shows in the pavilion blew. The thing was DoA

I still think that they could keep the WoL theme sort of and add in Marvel. Talk about gene manipulation and how the human body works and what it's made up of. Marvel is all about the mutations of the human body, use that science and bring some much needed life back to the pavillion! Plus bringing in Marvel brings in guests.

Captain Neo

Wonders of Life and the previous crop of Epcot Center rides were of a different pedigree. They are too high brow for modern audiences.

The Empress Lilly

Cant do WoL anymore these days.

Parents freak out that their kids may be traumatised for life if you tell them it's better to eat healthily than to be overweight.

:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom