Now tell me about the waiting area scenery at Disneyland

musketeer

Original Poster
How do the lines compare to those in Florida? I'm not talking about waiting times, but entertainment value. For example, in Florida, I think I remember a scene where there is a shadow of someone in a rocking chair in the line for splash mountain that you can tell is JUST around the corner, but you can't quite see it. Another example is the line for Pirates of the Caribbean, and also the Tower of Terror. These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head, so comments on all rides would be appreciated.

jodilt

I don't remember too much theming in the Splash Mt. line, but I have used FP's the last few times so I walked through pretty fast. As for Pirates, much of the wait is spent outside the building. Once you get inside it is a short walk to the boats, but there is one scene with the parrot and some treasure as well as the boats that are returning to the dock. TOT is much the same theming as in Florida.

LadyDarling

One thing that is well done (IMHO) in Disneyland park is just that! The entertainment while you're in line!
Indiana Jones has "booby traps" you can set off (push the pole in the spike room for a big surprise!). Also, all the carvings on the walls in the Indian Jones ride are ACTUAL phrases in a rune language developed by Disney for the ride. When the ride first opened, they handed out cards to decipher it while in line (which was good, becuase the line was usually about 3 hours long).
Snow White's Scary Adventure has a little area where you can see part of the Evil Queen's dungeon workshop/"brewery" (where she makes her potions).
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin also has a very interactive que! :) Knock on doors and look around! That, to me, is one of the most entertaining lines.
Splash Mountain's line has some peices of story posted along the way. The closer you get to the ride, the more little glimpses of it you can get, so it can be pretty entertaining (but is still pretty long, so bring some good conversation... or a good book).
One of the most entertaining lines to be in, is Mickey's and Minnie's house to meet the characters. There are some great photo ops (though Minnie isn't at home very often, or it's just my luck that I keep missing her).
Pirate's is an okay wait. It ranks up there with the Haunted Mansion in my book. Once you get inside the building, things are a little more interesting. In the DL version of Pirates, you can see the end of the ride from the line (don't worry though - it doesn't spoil anything). And in the Haunted Mansion, you can see the graveyard, which has some entertaining tombstones.
Now - DCA is lacking a little in that area, but still has some entertaining waits. One of them is in the Magic of Animation. Just walk into the main lobby area... it's a great place to sit and rest and enjoy the best of Disney animated movies.
Another entertaining que is for Muppet Vision 3-D. There's a lot to look at and once you get inside and the movie while you wait is fun (if you're a muppets fan).

HauntedSquirrel

Some are better in WDW and some are better in DL. Like the Haunted Mansion, i think DL's is better, even though you might spend some time outside, there is a long hallway which has paintings and busts which you walk through and by instead of with WDW's just wait outside and walk inside almost directly into the stretch rooms. But i like WDW's Pirates queue more, because it is a long tunnel which also has a area where you can see skeletons playing chess. lol. Instead of with DL's walking by the end of the attraction and then inside, but it's really about preferences really. Some like them better and some like them worse, you will just have to experiment. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom