November weather?

our trip isn't till next year, I'm planning way ahead here but I can't help it! we've been to WDW during summer and spring. Our next trip we're planning it for November, we had October planned first, but my dad can only go in November. we're planning to go during the 2nd week, what are the crowds like? is it hot or cold? are the Christmas decorations up by then? TIA

disney4life2008

I went the week leading to thanksgiving 2010 (left that day). It was the best weather I have ever experienced anywhere. It was warm enough to wear shorts but cool enough to wear a light jacket or a thin long sleeve shirt. I remember being in the pool every day that week and commenting on how perfect the weather was. Also, christmas decorations are up early november - at least at the MK as the christmas party starts first week of November.

Upvote 0

cw1982

I will say this much: the last time I was at WDW, it was the last week of December in 1999 (I remember because I was 18 and partially nervous about how y2k was going to pan out hahaha). We took all shorts and t-shirts with us down there because we figured we were in Florida and it would be warm. By the end of our first day in Epcot, I had a Figment sweatshirt and my mom had a new fleece jacket... both bought at a gift shop in Epcot. I get that your trip is a good 4-8 weeks before that, but I would still plan accordingly and take things that will layer well in case it's colder than you expect. That way you can always leave extra layers in your room each day as needed but have them there as a back up.

Upvote 0

nathansmommy

Original Poster
thank you for the replies and help, we're used to going in summer, but our recent trip we took DS so we went during spring(last month lol). DH expected for it to be hot every day, he just took shorts and tshirts, I took jeans and jackets for DS and myself, the mornings were warm but nights were a bit cold, one night it went down to the 40s! :eek: DH was freezing! but I hope the weather is somewhat like that during the fall(except the 40 degrees).

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I will say this much: the last time I was at WDW, it was the last week of December in 1999 (I remember because I was 18 and partially nervous about how y2k was going to pan out hahaha). We took all shorts and t-shirts with us down there because we figured we were in Florida and it would be warm. By the end of our first day in Epcot, I had a Figment sweatshirt and my mom had a new fleece jacket... both bought at a gift shop in Epcot. I get that your trip is a good 4-8 weeks before that, but I would still plan accordingly and take things that will layer well in case it's colder than you expect. That way you can always leave extra layers in your room each day as needed but have them there as a back up.

I would second this. November tends to be warm/cool in the day. But at night it will be cooler. But it was still warm enough where I had on shorts and slip ons with a light hoody. January on the other hand - I wore my winter coat a few days this year, lol.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

November is the only time we go because of the amazing weather and low crowds. We go the 2nd week, after F&W and before Thanksgiving. It is nice and a little cool in the morning, perfect in the 70's throughout the day and a light jacket for the evening is good.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom