November Trip

jh5367

We've planned a trip to Disney from Nov 18 to the 25th. Can anyone help me with what to expect on crowd size? I've been told that up until Thankgiving weekend, (Thanksgiving Day thru Sunday) crowds are moderate. Any specifics on this available?

Disneydreaming

Oh cool, another fellow Louisianian going at the same time as us! The last time I went around Thanksgiving, the crowds were do-able except on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving, which was really crowded. We will be checking in on Friday the 19th and out on Friday the 26th, with high hopes that this year will follow suit as in previous years.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

You guys both nailed it. Crowds are moderate at best up until Thanksgiving Day. I'd advise avoiding the magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving Thursday. From the stats I've seen, people tend to flock there on that day. :)

Upvote 0

longfamily

You will be missing ABC soap opera weekend, so that's a good sign to avoid crowds. When the kiddies get out of school for Thanksgiving, it wil be crowded. No worries, just utilize the fast pass and be sure to use the priority seating system for your meals if you intend to eat at any "sit down" restuarants. If you use PS, do so the day before if possible. For character dining in the castle, do it now. They may not have it available even if you called this moment. Phone #: WDW-DINE

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

Disneydreaming said:
Oh cool, another fellow Louisianian going at the same time as us! The last time I went around Thanksgiving, the crowds were do-able except on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving, which was really crowded. We will be checking in on Friday the 19th and out on Friday the 26th, with high hopes that this year will follow suit as in previous years.

That's our vacation time as well. :wave: We plan on doing all the early entry days and was planning on doing the MK on Thursday as well. We will base the amount of time spent there on the crowds. I may be mistaken, but last time I visited the Disney website, the hours for MK are until midnight all week and all parks have extended hours for the week. Anyone know if Fantasmic will be doing two shows this week and what time roughly the evening parade is at the MK.

Thanks. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

RebeccaQ

I am so glad to see this! I am sending my son's teacher and her husband down there from the 20th to the 25th. They haven't been in years and years and weren't sure what to expect in the way of crowds, but they can really only go when school is out. I wasn't sure how bad it was because we always go after Thanksgiving but before Christmas or in January or early November. Does anyone have any more advice? - especially for a couple traveling without children and trying to "get away" a bit? I would love to help give them tips to really make the most of their trip. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

erinuga

we go to disney every year for the entire week of thanksgiving- the crowds are moderate until thanksgiving day- and we usually stay away from the magic kingdom on thursday (but go after dinner to do some rides while everyone else is watching the later spectro magic parade)- we usually go to mk the first day we arrive- work our way through the parks- and spend the day at the pool, putt putting, etc on thanksgiving day (epcot is usually not too too crowded that day either).... hope this helps :) 9ish days!!

Upvote 0

Oceana

Bad News!

We just got back... the crowds were about like I have seen them July 4th weekend. We stayed at POP and it was at 100% we arrived the 1st week of November. I asked a CM and was told all of the displaced hurricain people were coming in November and that since the room rates have been so discounted lots of additional people were headed down.

My biggest issue is the park was not staffed for the crowds, perhaps a few weeks in they have adjusted.

goodluck and have a great time

Upvote 0

celticdog

Whoa, y'all back up. You've all forgotten one thing. November is a make up month for those who got vacations cancelled by the hurricanes. Disney allow anyone with vacations affected by the hurricanes to move it within a 3 month window without a penalty. And trust me there are a lot of people at WDW right now. I was just there from Nov 6 thru 13. I was truly amazed at how busy it was. Most standby lines were at 60-90 mins. All of the restaurants were full. It took between 1 to 1 1/2 hours to get back to our resort after the parks closed. On Saturday Nov 6, it took a full 2 hours for us to get back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom