November park hours expanded

Rob562

Anyone with trips coming up next month might want to go back and recheck the park hours on the WDW site. Disney just altered the closing times for many days.

MK Saturdays that were 10pm are now 11pm or midnight, adding a second running of MSEP. (EMH from 12a-2a November 1st!)
Many other weekdays were moved from 9pm to 10pm.

A few days the Studios were expanded with a second Fantasmic added.

And most surprising to me was that even though they'd previously expanded the Sunday, Nov 2 AK closing to 7pm, they've now made it *8pm*, on other days it's moved from 5pm to 6pm. Unfortunately Yak & Yeti seem to be leaving their last seating as 7pm that Sunday, making our 645 reservation be not as late as it could be... Oh well.

On a side note, I've found that at least for the past three months they've held to the same pattern of expanding the park hours on the second Friday of the month *preceding* the month in question. (So second Friday of October for altering November hours) While they do still sometimes make small changes after that point, it's usually on a single-day basis rather than altering large chunks of the calendar. Something to keep in mind going forward.

-Rob

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Guessing they are balancing the hours out to offset for early closures for Christmas Party early closings?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Original Poster
Guessing they are balancing the hours out to offset for early closures for Christmas Party early closings?

More to compensate for greater then originally expected crowds. The nights of the hard-ticket events were already set for 7pm.

When they draw up the calendar at 6 months out, they tend to err on the conservative side and then expand hours as needed rather than set the hours too late and then find that the crowd level doesn't support them.

They never shorten hours, only extend.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
More to compensate for greater then originally expected crowds. The nights of the hard-ticket events were already set for 7pm.

When they draw up the calendar at 6 months out, they tend to err on the conservative side and then expand hours as needed rather than set the hours too late and then find that the crowd level doesn't support them.

They never shorten hours, only extend.

-Rob

I tend to believe it has more to do with the short hours of the MK. Historically they extend the hours of another park, usually DHS to not erk the guests that all but one park is closed by sundown on the nights of the parties.
My DS for years ago use to have his hours extended because of crowded parks but it was always while he was on shift or during holidays a day or two notice, not a month, month and a half in advance.

Upvote 0

PoohsHunny

We will be arriving on 11/12. I love that they expanded some hours but I chose November this year because October became so crowded. I hope it does not get too crowded!!! You know, just want the Kingdom for my own :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom