November or December?

mdubm

We have a deal through Hilton to go for 4 days/3 nights. Trying to decide between Veteran’s Day weekend in November (second weekend) or Dec 20-23. Thoughts? I’ve done October, summer, and after Christmas before, but never before Christmas or November.

What kind of decor will be up Nov 9-12? Still Halloween or would there be any Christmas decor up? Thoughts anyone?

BoardwalkGigi

The Christmas decorations all go up simultaneously with the Halloween decorations coming down. They will definitely be in place for both sets of dates you're considering. December will be cooler than November. I was there in both December 2015 and December 2016 and it was actually really cold on a few of our evenings each trip. We also weren't able to swim on those trips. I've never been to WDW over Veteran's Day weekend but have heard that it is an especially crowded time to visit. If it were me, I'd consider which month I have the most free time in. I've enjoyed our December trips but I always feel a little anxious (guilty) about being away at such a busy time of year. We tend to have a lot of social and family commitments around Christmas and New Year's.

Upvote 0

mdubm

Original Poster
Thanks! We are teachers and we’re off Veterans Day. But we are also out for Christmas break in December. We’d miss no school days in December, but we would miss one day in November. Our family is all pretty local, so coming back on the 23rd wouldn’t make a huge difference. I guess the pool doesn’t make or break the vacation, but I would like to be able to use it.

Upvote 0

BoardwalkGigi

Thanks! We are teachers and we’re off Veterans Day. But we are also out for Christmas break in December. We’d miss no school days in December, but we would miss one day in November. Our family is all pretty local, so coming back on the 23rd wouldn’t make a huge difference. I guess the pool doesn’t make or break the vacation, but I would like to be able to use it.
There is no wrong choice. You'll have a great time either way. Just plan well because your trip is on the short side for how much there is to see and do, and you will probably experience some crowded conditions which can slow your pace considerably. Planning ahead saves time and makes touring more efficient.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom