November crowds

eb3257

Hi Everyone!
I may be planning a last minute trip to Disney World this November for my family and I had questions about crowd levels. I am not planning on going Thanksgiving week since I know how busy the parks are. How is it in early November? I was all set to book something and then read that there is a half marathon on the weekend of Nov 4-5th and then that starts Jersey week. I've read mixed reviews about Jersey week. If you've visited during that time would you be able to let me know how the crowds were? We have two young kids and want their first visit to be at a less crowded time. Thank you in advance.

tuan vu

We were there last year from Nov 5-12th. Jersey week wasn't too big off a deal. Epcot was packed though due to food and wine festival. It was really hard to navigate through there in the evenings. MK wasnt bad on days with MVMCP but the Wed without the party was super crowded. That was the night they were filming the Christmas show. We showed up that evening to watch Wishes and could barely walk through the crowd. The Friday we stayed at MK all day then attended MVMCP and the crowd was very lite.

Upvote 0

Jared Augustine

I took my family the week before Thanksgiving, and we had a great time. We would rope drop in he morning, and then come back after an afternoon rest. Never waited in line more than 20 minutes.

Upvote 0

Dave B

We have gone the last couple years in Nov we lo it, great temps not to busy, we have gone the week of Thanksgiving and the few days after, the only bad days are the Weekend after Thanksgiving, have fun

Upvote 0

Goofy36

We are planning going starting November 12th. The last day of food and wine is the 13th this year so hoping Epcot will quiet down after.

Have been a couple times this time of year and have enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

We fly out on 11/22 for 8 days. We are planning on it being busy and anything less will be a pleasant surprise. In the end it all comes down to planning. You can go down during a really busy time, plan everything out, and have a great time. You can also go down during a less than busy time (there are no real slow times anymore) , not plan a thing, and have a miserable time. Its one of those things that get out of it what you put into it.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We were there last year, November 14-21 (the week before Thanksgiving week -- we left the Monday before Thanksgiving). Crowds were extremely reasonable (ranging from 3-6 on the 10-point touringplans scale up until the last day, which was 8 or 9), weather was beautiful, free dining was in effect (which saved us a few hundred dollars even after we made the necessary room and ticket upgrades to be eligible) and we had a great time. We generally arrived before rope drop, toured until lunchtime, took a 3-4 hour nap/pool break, and then returned to a park for the evening, leaving by 9:30pm to get the kids to bed at a decent hour. The last couple of days we were there (as Thanksgiving week guests started to arrive), the crowds were building quickly, but by then we'd already seen just about everything. We spent Sunday revisiting favorite attractions in the Magic Kingdom (and hitting up things the crowds didn't affect, like Tom Sawyer Island and the Treasures of the Seven Seas scavenger hunt in Adventureland), and staying late for the fireworks. We only had a couple of hours on Monday and the parks were going to be slammed, but the kids and I still did 7 or 8 headliners in the MK in less than 2 hours (arriving at rope drop) and only saw the giant, horrible crowds as we were leaving the park to go back to our hotel and catch our Magical Express bus to the airport.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom