November 2019 Crowd question

Hey everyone!! My 10 year anniversary with my fiancé is coming up on 11/3/19 and we might be able to head down to Disney World for a few days. Our trip would be 11/1-11/4. I have never been to Disney World at that time so I am wondering how is the weather and crowds? Someone please fill me in

Last edited:

Zé_Carioca

Both of those are hard to say. Crowds have consistently been large throughout the year now, but given it is the first week of November, it shouldn't be too crowded, it starts picking up on late November and December for the holidays. Weather in Florida is never predictable, check the weather closer to the date. But I imagine it would still be hot (high 70s/low 80s), with nights being slightly more "chilly" (low 70s and 60s). November is after the rain/hurricane season so thankfully not too many summer storms and rain.

Upvote 0

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
Both of those are hard to say. Crowds have consistently been large throughout the year now, but given it is the first week of November, it shouldn't be too crowded, it starts picking up on late November and December for the holidays. Weather in Florida is never predictable, check the weather closer to the date. But I imagine it would still be hot (high 70s/low 80s), with nights being slightly more "chilly" (low 70s and 60s). November is after the rain/hurricane season so thankfully not too many summer storms and rain.

Perfect! I’m used to unpredictable weather living in Massachusetts I was just worried it was going to be VERY crowded

Upvote 0

Hatboxer

I’m going that same week. I’m hoping that it will be a relative lull given it’s the week in between Christmas and Halloween parties. However I can’t be the only smart cat who realizes that, so I’m also wondering if maybe it’s a popular week to go for that very reason! Touring Plans puts it at a 6 or 7 each day, which I think usually feels pretty busy but not crushingly so. Will be following along here to see what others who have been then will say.

Upvote 0

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
I’m going that same week. I’m hoping that it will be a relative lull given it’s the week in between Christmas and Halloween parties. However I can’t be the only smart cat who realizes that, so I’m also wondering if maybe it’s a popular week to go for that very reason! Touring Plans puts it at a 6 or 7 each day, which I think usually feels pretty busy but not crushingly so. Will be following along here to see what others who have been then will say.

Yeah I find different crowd calendars with different results for the crowds. I know it’ll be busier because it’s also the Food and Wine half marathon. I talked to someone who lives in Florida and he said it’s a beautiful time of year to go weather wise.

Upvote 0

chimchimcheree

I've gotten wide variances on the crowd calendars for those days (Oct. 31-Nov. 4). I don't know if there's one considered consistently more reliable than the others, but I'm hoping that the crowds will be at EPCOT and EPCOT only (with people hedging their bets and waiting until ROTR opens in SWGE).

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

One of our two favorite times to go (the other being spring)! The weather is beautiful - 70s during the day, 60s at night. Crowds are quite reasonable, even sparse depending on the week... We go around Thanksgiving +/- week. This year especially will be light until December 5th and beyond.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
I just wish I could find a room in November
Really! Nothing available? I had tried and tried from June to end of July to book POR with no luck. I took another chance in early August and was suddenly able to book the week of 11/6-11/13 with no problem! I think they were expecting greater demand than they received. Maybe you should try again.

Upvote 0

macefamily

It should be very comfortable weather. Wait times should be on the shorter side. My nephew's family goes down right after Thanksgiving and it's nice weather with low crowds. Hope you have a great time.

Upvote 0

Milymousj

Really! Nothing available? I had tried and tried from June to end of July to book POR with no luck. I took another chance in early August and was suddenly able to book the week of 11/6-11/13 with no problem! I think they were expecting greater demand than they received. Maybe you should try again.
I’ve also been trying and nothing. I know someone who’s trying to book first week of October and nothing. I even tried first week of December and no rooms available then either

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
I’ve also been trying and nothing. I know someone who’s trying to book first week of October and nothing. I even tried first week of December and no rooms available then either
Were you trying to book online or did you call? I probably got lucky when I called them. I know how disappointed you must be. I would say call them again and again.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
The Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend is from Oct 31-Nov 3. New Jersey has a teachers convention on Nov 7-8 so a lot of folks head to Disney that weekend. Some schools only get Thursday and Friday off but some schools get the entire week off.

I'll be going down to WDW from NJ Oct 31 - Nov 9. One of my friends who we are going with is a teacher and has the entire week off. There will be crowds but they should be manageable.

Upvote 0

Milymousj

Were you trying to book online or did you call? I probably got lucky when I called them. I know how disappointed you must be. I would say call them again and again.
I was trying online but I will try calling. My niece is starting the college program on the 13th and we’re going to try to use her discount so I’d have to call anyway.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Still checking online and calling with no luck. So we finally got to go to WDW a couple weeks ago, (after canceling 2 trips due to knee surgery, etc.) and had a few days of park tickets to use before the end of the year. We thought, why not use them towards annual passes as we will never be able to afford those again. Great! Now we have AP's, but can't find rooms. We are still going down and will go to the parks, we will just stay offsite and therefore ALL of our room and food money will go offsite as well. Well done Disney. :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom