November 2008 Updates - Please Read

SixBits_Slocum

seriously - very absurd. well, maybe we get a bit spoiled because they are usually SO good about posting six months out - but it's a bit annoying w/ ADRs and all that.
i wonder what walt would say about all this... :p

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

So here's my question, are December's hours going to be pushed back as well? I can make my ADR's for my Dec. trip in mid June... I was really hoping the hours would be out before that. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

ejeremy98

im so sure

Disney is just trying to avoid the wrath me and my friends will bring upon our arrival.

we will say we will mean business. and we will mean it.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

If that's true (and there's no reason to doubt it) then that's going to cause an awful lot of problems in June.

Asuming Decembers hours / EMHs aren't delayed then come mid June, all those folk that booked their November EMHs this month will be (perhaps) wanting to re-arrange their ADR's to fall in line with park hours AND you've also got Decembers guests booking at the same time :hammer::hammer::hammer:

I can foresee a problem with the telephone system going into overload

Upvote 0

drjill95

Why?!

But WHY is there a delay in posting November park hours? We have a trip in early November and I am worried they are planning a major change to the EMH schedule or something. I would think under normal circumstance they could easily predict crowds and set park hours. How can we make dining reservations without even being sure which parks will have evening magic hours on a given day? I have made reservations but am worried they will be worthless. I know many restaurants are already booked and I will be unable to change my reservations once they FINALLY post the park hours.

I wish they would at least say WHY the hours aren't being posted!:shrug:

Upvote 0

November Girl

Here's My Theory

Here's my theory, and mind you...it's just a theory. "Jersey Week" is a big wildcard this year. For you non New Jersey-ites, that is the week that the entire state's schools are off for Thursday and Friday 11/6-7 , with many towns having the whole week off. Normally there is a mass exodus from NJ to Orlando this week that Disney World is well aware of, but this year there are some odd things that could affect plannning for hours...With Halloween on the Friday before the kick-off of this week, I hear a fair amount of people are choosing to go the week AFTER Thu-Sun or later, using Thursday as the first day of their trip, this also can help with airfares (flying off peak), that have double or even quadrupled, at least out of Philly, since last year. Just checked a round trip PHL-Orlando nonstop was over $1000 bucks for decent family-friendly departure times! So this potentially has an affect on 2 weeks of November (I think their Jersey week will be much lighter than in past years) Maybe they are watching this??

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I don't think there's a rule, tho, that says they can't post the hours and then change them. I know my last 2 trips in the weeks prior to departure when I went back thru the calendar a few park hours were changed to later times. It's all part of the game. Post the hours so everyone will have at least something then change 'em as needed. :animwink:

Upvote 0

skeeder

I am sure everybody is tired of hearing about this, but I was just on disneyworld.com and looking at the calendar and no hours are being displayed-no months-nothing is showing up. I wonder if they are updating it or if it is just messed up right now.

Upvote 0

skeeder

I guess I will make mine Sunday without the hours. Maybe. I might still wait on the hours. Of course I need the November and December hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom