November 2008 Travelers Please read!!!!!

PattyZ

Just called down to Disney as we needed to make some reservations. First the reason why there are no November hours posted is that the main frame crashed. It was hit by lightening and they are in the process of fixing it. I was told that for all Disney resort guests only, you can call NOW to make your reservations for November. We are now all set for the week we are going to be there. Please do not hesitate in calling.

Patty

rob45

I just modified my reservation for my up coming trip in Nov. and asked about this. I was told even if the computers were down you still have to wait 180 days out on all dining reservations.

Upvote 0

PattyZ

Original Poster
Then I must have just got lucky. We are all booked for the week of Nov 15th - 22nd, character breakfasts and all. I can't imagine they would be telling different guests different things. Remember, you need to be a RESORT guest to take advantage. Doesn't help if you are staying at the Holiday Inn.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To Clarify...

...the reason why there are no November hours posted is that the main frame crashed. It was hit by lightening and they are in the process of fixing it. I was told that for all Disney resort guests only, you can call NOW to make your reservations for November. ..

I can confirm there is absolutely NO TRUTH to this rumor.

I do apologize you were given false information by any Disney Cast Member.

Park Hours are entered by the various operation teams into the One Source database. From there it is displayed to Cast and Guest alike through the various websites. If this system was not operational, you would not be able to see any park hours for any date.

Dining Reservations are booked through the DRS booking engine. If this system was not operational, you would not be able to book any advance dining reservations for any travel date.

These two systems are not connected in any way, and both systems are fully operational. There has been no recent challenges with either system.

Dining Reservations can be made up to 180 days prior to your arrival date if you are staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort Hotel for up to the first 10 days of your stay. If you are not, you may book up to 180 days prior to the date you wish to dine.

For example, if you are staying at a Disney owned Resort arriving on 11/14/08, today (5/18/08) you may book your dining reservations for 11/14-24/08. You will need your room/package reservation number at the time of booking.

Upvote 0

PattyZ

Original Poster
Sorry, Just thought I would pass the information on that I was told. I guess I got really really lucky. We have our reservation numbers and the times that we were looking to eat was no problem to get. I really thought I was helping people out but I guess I wasn't. Just wondering, do you work at Disney that you know so much about the operations?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Sorry, Just thought I would pass the information on that I was told. I guess I got really really lucky. We have our reservation numbers and the times that we were looking to eat was no problem to get. I really thought I was helping people out but I guess I wasn't. Just wondering, do you work at Disney that you know so much about the operations?

Welcome to the boards! You did nothing wrong, you would just told incorrect information. I just wanted to ensure that the miss-information you were told did not continue to spread.

Remember, as a Disney Resort Guest you can book 180 days in advance, for up to the first 10 days of your vacation. I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

If you have any other questions or concerns on the Walt Disney World Resort, I would be happy to help in any way I can!

Upvote 0

Elonwy

Patty, I really don't think anyone intended to be rude. It's difficult when you're reading posts and not hearing the tone in someone's voice but all I have read here is people asking some questions and giving you information.

I'm not sure who you think is rude, the person who was kind enough to let you know that there is actually nothing wrong with the computers and apologized on behalf of the cast member who gave you incorrect information or if you thought the person that checked on the number of days out that you are traveling (180) and let everyone know that there are dates in November that you CAN start booking your dining plans.

I think people here are providing information to not only you but the rest of the readers of this post, so there are no misunderstandings when some people are able to book their ADR's and some are not. As you can imagine people would be very upset if they found that you were able to book your dining and they were not. I belive the last poster just wanted everyone to know that Disney isn't "picking favorites" and allowing only certain guests to have all the Advanced Dining Reservations, I honestly didn't see anything wrong with that as they clarified the situation for everyone on the board.

Sorry if you saw any of these posts as rude but I just don't see it myself. Hopefully you will continue posting and reading the boards as you will find there is a lot of useful information and very informatative posters on this site that you won't get anywhere else.

Upvote 0

Elonwy

Also.....I spoke with a friend who works at WDW and she said that her area is on a list for "possible refurbishments" to be done in November so perhaps the park hours aren't available until they have a list of attractions or areas that will be "down" during the month

Upvote 0

Minnietoo

Then I must have just got lucky. We are all booked for the week of Nov 15th - 22nd, character breakfasts and all. I can't imagine they would be telling different guests different things. Remember, you need to be a RESORT guest to take advantage. Doesn't help if you are staying at the Holiday Inn.

Youa re a 180 days out that is why you were able to book:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom