November 2008 package rates

leeseem

Trying to plan a trip for w/o 11-10-08. As a Disney Visa Card Holder, is it wise to just wait until packages are released in August, or book something now to have a room. I also received a mailer from Disney with 20% off room rates that includes those dates. From what I've seen from last year's posts, the packages that will be released in August may be even better than that. We are looking at either movies or Pop. Also have to wait for airfare, hopefully when Southwest releases in June they will have decent fares. And the last piece of the puzzle (actually the first to confirm dates) is to check with school board to make sure there are no in-service dates conflicting with trips. Teachers can't miss that! Thanks for advice!

wannabeBelle

Hi Lee, Definitely check on your dates, that is definitely job #1 as if this doesnt work, nothing else will matter. After that decide if you are DEFINITELY going. If so, then price the package using your current discount offer ( check expiration date, I know a lot of these expired in late March, but I heard more had been sent as well) If it is within your budget and you are DEFINITELY going I would say to book it. If a discount comes later there wont be any guarantees that it will be offered at the resort or dates that you are looking for. You can try to apply it certainly, but there may not be availability. Hope this helps! Belle

Upvote 0

leeseem

Original Poster
Thanks for your help. If all works out, maybe we will be contacting you for help in planning! Just to make sure I understand, if I can get a room with my current discount, would that one need to be canceled in August if the new one is better? Would I use my Disney Visa card now and then if the offer in August is a Disney Visa Cardholder package, it would make it easier to change reservation? It seems like last year the November card holder deal was a package that had to be at least five nights room and park tickets. If all works out, we should fall into that category this year. Just hoping to get all our "ducks in a row" to make this work.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, As long as the reservation type ( room only or package) is the same, the switch to a discounted reservation type it shouldnt be too difficult. If you are considering booking with us, do so from the beginning as it makes the switches later much easier. I would certainly advise using the Disney Visa for your reservation too as again if something comes out for the Visa cardholders, it just makes the switch that much easier. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom