November 2005.

petsar68

Could i kindly ask if any seasoned WDW fans could give me some answers to a few simple questions ?

Whats the weather like during the first 2 weeks of November ?

What are the crowds like ?

We have visited WDW on two other occasions and wondered what other ' must see ' places/theme parks we should visit.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Petsar.
:)

Ringo8n24

I really like going the first two weeks of November. The crowds were light and the temperature was great. Once we were there, though, there was a tropical storm brewing offshore. I was so mad because it was so late in the season for it. As we were leaving once, some of the Christmas decos were going up early, too, so we got to see a little of that.

Upvote 0

goofy for fire

If you could possibly wait until the week after Thanksgiving to go, you could enjoy the Christmas decorations and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We went for the first time as a family at that time last year and we will never go at any other time of the year now. The crowds are light after Thanksgiving and the weather is beautiful. Also, Sea World begins their Christmas celebrations during the same week and the special holiday Shamu show is truly emotional. Regardless, have a wonderful time. We don't get to go back until Nov. 2006 and I'm jealous.:(

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Firstly - WELCOME to WDWMagic :wave:
According to www.touringplans.com the first two weeks in November are going to be pretty quiet apart from a slight increase in crowds for the weekends - dont forget that quieter parks = shorter hours.
Other Must See parks (non WDW) try Universals Islands Of Adventure and SeaWorld. Personally I don't rate Universal Studios Florida.

Upvote 0

goofy for fire

The weekend immediately following Thanksgiving is pretty crowded but on Sunday, most people are heading home. Mon-Fri. of the following week was very nice last year. Never waited in any line longer than 15 minutes. Have fun and enjoy the Christmas themeing.

Upvote 0

petsar68

Original Poster
Hey Thanks to you all. Now i am sorry to ask this and i am sure you will never forgive me but what dates Thanksgiving this year ?
I apologise but i am Brit !!!!!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

goofy for fire said:
If you could possibly wait until the week after Thanksgiving to go, you could enjoy the Christmas decorations and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Ah but if you wait that long, you miss out on Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival. My wife and I like to go during the first two weeks of November as well. The crowds tend to be very light and the weather is usually wonderful. Highs in the upper 70's to mid 80's during the day. Can be a bit chilly at night though, especially if you're wearing shorts.

In years past, the first few weeks of November was Value season for all the resorts. This gave you the lowest off the rack room rates at all the Disney resort hotels. But this year, November is part of Regular Season until Thanksgiving. So room rates will be a little bit higher.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

petsar68 said:
Hey Thanks to you all. Now i am sorry to ask this and i am sure you will never forgive me but what dates Thanksgiving this year ?
I apologise but i am Brit !!!!!
Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 24. Most people in the US will be on Holiday the 24th through the 27th.

Upvote 0

all41

When does the Thanksgiving crowd ramp up?
I'm thinking about going the weekend before (Nov 18/19/20)

I would imagine it would start to get busy the weekend before. Since Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, people can take 3 days off (M/T/Wed) and then get a "whole week off" since most places have vacation on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom