Nov 21-24, 3 Nights, 3 Resorts, 40th Birthday

OK, feeling a little guilty about starting a whole new Pre-Trip Report about a Trip that I've already detailed a trip report for. BUT, in the past 48 hours everything has changed. If you need some historical reference about this trip plan visit here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/unsurprise-40th-birthday-pre-trip-report.844288/

If you don't feel like reading what to me now seems like very old news, I'm going to start from scratch. I also just added a Photobucket account, so this will be a more colorful start than what came before!

So, here's me...
DSC_1022_zpsa02336af.jpg

And my co-stars...
DSC_0909_zps14e64c79.jpg

A couple years ago we made a trip to celebrate my wife's birthday and it was a difficult one to say the least. Everybody got sick for at least a day and while we made the best of it, definitely not one of our best visits. You can visit that report via my signature - it's 11/10. SO, at some point this summer, I came upon the idea of trying again for DW's birthday - which this year conveniently coincides with Thanksgiving.

I began to plan in secret and booked room-only at Pop Century. I had hoped to score a DVC visit (we are members, home is OKW), but nothing in our range was available and we're saving points for a trip to Aulani next summer. Did quite a bit of stealth planning before DW happened upon some evidence. Knowing that we have a lot of fun planning together, I decided to let them in on things and start planning together.

We booked a few meals - Akershus breakfast and Thanksgiving Dinner at Captain's Grille. And then we started calendar watching for a Be Our Guest dinner. Somehow, on opening day for reservations, our three phone approach worked and we got dinner on Nov. 21. More on that in the plans.

We had been debating back and forth for a couple weeks about switching to a package so we could book the DDP. You may be thinking that looking to TRY to pay for DDP is crazy, but with three meals already booked that will cost over $300, the value of the plan is definitely there for us. BUT, we have some old tickets with days left and really wanted to save that money. A difficult decision had to be made.
(gratuitous photo of DD mocking a statue, these are standard in this family)
DSC_1039_zpsaf6d0c29.jpg

Then, this past Friday, while I was surfing the DVC Member website, I found that we could book our dates with DVC. Nov 21 at Boardwalk, Nov 22 at Beach Club, Nov 23 at Old Key West. TIME FOR A NEW PLAN. (cue commercial break before next post)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom