Not So Scarey Haloween Party

Big-Bad-Dave

Original Poster
Is this worth $30 a piece for two adults? My wife and I will be there on opening day 9-15 and I am toying with attending it. Is it really just for kids?

Scooter

My wife and I have gone twice and loved it.
We don't dress up but we did see a lot of adults who did.
It's not just for kids...lots of awesome Halloween decorations to see and a really cool Halloween parade.
Most of the attractions are open as well but for obvious reasons The Haunted mansion is always a long wait.
I recommend you do it once just to see if you like it.

olive10tails

We will be down for it this year. It's our first time since we usually venture down in May. We'll be going on the Sept 15th; it seems like a great time and we wanted to experience it once. It always gets good reviews on the boards.

New2WDW

Definitely worth it for all ages! New environment and stuff! We usually do not go to the park on the days of this event and go a little early and you basicly get as much time as a regular day (6pm - 12 am) for less money! Well, that is the way I look at it because I can not afford multi-day passes for the entire family.

supapampam

My brother and I have gone a couple and love the fact that we can 'trick or treat' being adults. They have great candy plus it's fun seeing the park dressed up at night -- the halloween fireworks are also a plus.

shoppingnut

It's really a lot of fun. There are all sorts of different things going on and the parks are really less crowded. It is also a blast to people watch in the beginning of the night on main street, some of the costumes are really awesome. Trick or treating, free photo, perimeter fireworks, halloween parade, special character meet n greets ie villians, what's not to like, well worth it even if you do it once for the experience.

David

We did MNSSHP twice our last trip, and will probably do it two times again in October. We already have tickets for one night, but will buy the second night while we are there. If you should decide to go, buy your tickets before you go or at least the day before the event so you can get "Advance Sale" price.

sleepybear

Speaking of MNSSHP, we've gone twice before but this year our visit falls directly on Halloween. I already got the tickets, so there's no backing out now, but does anyone know how crowded its going to be that night? I suspect it will packed.

Oh, and yes, it's worth every penny. The atmospehere is fantastic, especially if you're a Halloween nut like me.

pixiegal

Oh so worth it! We are going to sandwich our trip with two parties. The kids LOVE it and it is our favorite holiday so we won't miss it for the world! Now if I can get my kids to settle on *one* costume design. We already have Morticia Adams and a vampire minnie. Now we need to tie my 5 year old down to *one* costume.

Gucci65

Hmmmm, I'm thinking about checking this out myself.

I heard the parade was not to be missed, especially the beginning.

pixiegal

bferrara16 said:
probably a dumb question, but does "hard ticket event" mean I have to buy a ticket to Magic Kingdom AND a ticket to MNSSHP?

No, you can buy just a ticket to MNSSHP and get in in the late afternoon.

bferrara16

pixiegal said:

Thanks... I see that disney's website says 7pm. Can I get in before then with just a MNSSHP ticket? If so, what time? (I am putting together some plans for this as we speak, so I am trying to get costs and other logistics squared away before deciding)

pixiegal

bferrara16 said:
Thanks... I see that disney's website says 7pm. Can I get in before then with just a MNSSHP ticket? If so, what time? (I am putting together some plans for this as we speak, so I am trying to get costs and other logistics squared away before deciding)

I remember 2 years ago when we had only bought tickets for the party the first day we were there. We got in around 4pm.

shoppingnut

bferrara16 said:

Yes, you can get in before 7p, they start letting you in about 4p so you can ride the rides in any land. but when the park closes at 6p, you will be herded to one land to wait until 7p and all the rides in that land will be open for you to use. Be sure to ask a CM that night what land is being used for the 6p-7p, so you can do the other lands and save that one while you are waiting.

DisneySaint

pixiegal said:

I was told the complete opposite. I've never heard of a Disney event where they'll let you into the park w/o having purchased park tickets.

DisneyMomof2

Some ahve reported getting into MK as early as 4pm with only the MNSSHP ticket. I personally have entered @ 5PM with no prblems at all. We usually make ressies at Liberty Tree as Minnie and the Chacters usually dress up too.

I went with my family, DH, DS 6yo, DD 3yo last year and we ALL loved it. We are already going againt this year and have purchased our tickets. The adults are also given trick-or-trat bags upon entering the park and are also encouraged to trick-or-treat. Last year DH and I didn't dress up, (kids did) but we are already planning our costumes for this year. Hope you go and have a blast.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom