Not one but TWO new attractions for WDS in 2014.

coolmark18

Original Poster
Not one but TWO new attractions for WDS in 2014:UPDATED

Turns out Ratatouille dark ride may not be the only attraction that comes to Walt Disney Studios in 2014 DLRPMagic! reports.

DLRPMagic said:
We know Disneyland Paris has the money, we know they’ve finally started construction on the Ratatouille dark ride, and Brad Bird knows all about it, too. But now, in an interview with French newspaper Le Figaro, Philippe Gas has let slip a surprising statement that Walt Disney Studios Park will see not one, but two new attractions opening within its gates in 2014. In the brief article headlined “Disneyland Paris ‘has learned from its mistakes’”, the resort president and CEO of Euro Disney SCA discusses the company’s tumultuous financial situation as it approaches its 20th Anniversary.

Asked as a final question “What will you do to avoid the park reaching saturation?”, he comments:

Knowing that a customer is satisfied when they can see at least six attractions in a day, we estimate our maximum capacity to be 17 million visitors annually. So we still have room for improvement, but we must grow. In January, our banks have given us 150 million euros in new funding to build two new attractions, which should open in 2014 in our second park, Walt Disney Studios. In 2010, we also obtained the agreement of the State to build a third park. We are looking at it very seriously, even if the decision won’t be made until 2020. We will also build new hotels, restaurants and shops.

Now, presuming Mr Gas doesn’t count the adjoining restaurant or those desperately needed new toilets which should be installed next to Ratatouille, this gives us an odd surplus in the new attraction count for 2014.

Full report here.

nemofinder22

Interesting the more new attractions for the WDSP the better, I'm really excited for the Ratatouille one though.

And good to hear the idea of a 3rd park some day.

coolmark18

Original Poster
Apparently not:

Ah, we’ve all mistaken an “une” for a “deux”, haven’t we? Putting an abrupt end to the hunt for a second imminent new Walt Disney Studios Park attraction, Disneyland Paris has confirmed directly to Mouetto, admin of Disney Central Plaza, that the comment was purely a journalistic error on the part of Le Figaro, which incorrectly transcribed its interview with Philippe Gas.

The article by Mathilde Visseyrias, which remains unchanged online, cites the Euro Disney group CEO as announcing that €150 million in credit agreed by lenders would be used “pour construire deux nouvelles attractions”. One likely explanation for the error could be that Mr Gas actually said a more vague corporate line of “de nouvelles attractions”, simply “new attractions”.

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2012/03/16...4-disneyland-paris-confirms-journalist-error/

DisneyFan 2000

How is building more hotels learning from their mistakes? The early reason for the financial tangle, pre-WDSP, was the overdose of hotels no one was staying in. I'm glad new attractions are coming, but they should carefully consider any other additions proposed for the resort.

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
my wife has stated she would love to see DL tokyo next summer. I wanted to see DL paris. i guess we can wait two years to see DLP if there will be new attractions then!!! thanks for the insight

dagobert

How is building more hotels learning from their mistakes? The early reason for the financial tangle, pre-WDSP, was the overdose of hotels no one was staying in. I'm glad new attractions are coming, but they should carefully consider any other additions proposed for the resort.

The resort needs a new hotel, especially a deluxe hotel. The Disney hotels have an accupancy rate of nearly 90%, so there is hardly any growth possible. The only way to earn more money with the hotels is either to increase the room rates or a new hotel. And in my opinion the quality of the rooms doesn't justify another increase, even the refurbed rooms aren't as nice as the US Disney hotel rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom