Not gone to the parks in 5 years? - What have I missed?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Don't expect to be thrilled in terms of new rides, the highlight being the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train which is a nicely themed kiddie coaster.

In my opinion, the little mermaid ride is the highlight. At least it is worth the walk-on/15 minute wait it usually has. It isn't a bad dark ride, it's pretty good. SDMT is way over-rated.

BiffyClyro

Original Poster
We are going September 2016 and our last trip was 2010 so I was trying to think of all the things that will be new to me next trip (in all Orlando parks).

Seven Dwarves train
Under the Sea ride (although I did ride it in Cali in 2012)
Enchanted Tales
Be Our Guest
Skippers Canteen
New Test Track
Soarin' over the World
New Frozen Ride
Rivers of Light
Harambe Marketplace
Night safari
Starbucks
Disney Springs
Star Wars launch bay
Maybe Season of the Force fireworks (I am going late Sept so may be over by then)

Diagon Alley
Escape from Gringotts
Hogwarts Express
Transformers (although I did ride it in Cali in 2012)
Minion Mayhem
Universal Cinematic Spectacular
Re-done Hulk coaster
Kong

Mako (Seaworld new coaster)
Antartica ride

Cheetah Chase (Busch)
Cobra's Curse

Main thing I will miss is the drawing class at DHS and I'm not sure how good new Test Track will be.

Of course MagicBands and FP+ will be new to me as well.
I know you wrote this ages ago but just wanted to say thank you! Finally booked our trip for July. Have a lovely time :)

Walt Disney1955

We are going September 2016 and our last trip was 2010 so I was trying to think of all the things that will be new to me next trip (in all Orlando parks).

Seven Dwarves train
Under the Sea ride (although I did ride it in Cali in 2012)
Enchanted Tales
Be Our Guest
Skippers Canteen
New Test Track
Soarin' over the World
New Frozen Ride
Rivers of Light
Harambe Marketplace
Night safari
Starbucks
Disney Springs
Star Wars launch bay
Maybe Season of the Force fireworks (I am going late Sept so may be over by then)

Diagon Alley
Escape from Gringotts
Hogwarts Express
Transformers (although I did ride it in Cali in 2012)
Minion Mayhem
Universal Cinematic Spectacular
Re-done Hulk coaster
Kong

Mako (Seaworld new coaster)
Antartica ride

Cheetah Chase (Busch)
Cobra's Curse

Main thing I will miss is the drawing class at DHS and I'm not sure how good new Test Track will be.

Of course MagicBands and FP+ will be new to me as well.

I guess I haven't been to Universal myself since 2009 other than in California in 2012. But what sort of attraction is Kong?

Edit: Ah, never mind I see what it is. Just the Hollywood version that you go on while you do the Studio tour.

IMFearless

As you said your sister is four, she is the perfect target age for Enchanted Tales with Belle which is kind of a cross between a meet and greet and a walk through attraction.

I would imagine that most four year old girls would probably really like it, particularly if they haven't experienced Disney parks before.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Theres so much magic going on its difficult to breathe. The great thing is Disney has saved people visiting other parks by brining all the best to Orlando but plussing them by taking out the expensive boring bits.

Far better than those Universal chaps with their new attractions, soulless and no nostalgia to them. No magic there, well apart from potter and thats bad magic.

Jon81uk

I guess I haven't been to Universal myself since 2009 other than in California in 2012. But what sort of attraction is Kong?

Edit: Ah, never mind I see what it is. Just the Hollywood version that you go on while you do the Studio tour.

From what I've read it will be a plussed version of what's in Hollywood, they are adding some animatronics for a start. But I will know more once I've ridden in September!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom