Not enough points!

UKKaren

Original Poster
Hi,

We are thinking of taking some friends with us in 2010, however after banking some 2009 points and borrowing from 2011 we will still be approx 50-60 points short of our requirement. What is the best way round this, is it best to just pay the difference or try to rent/buy points from another member??

I'm UK based, so there's not as many of us over here and we've only been members for a couple of years so still fairly new to all this!!

I would be grateful for any advice :brick:

Cheers

Karen

TikiGod

Hi,

We are thinking of taking some friends with us in 2010, however after banking some 2009 points and borrowing from 2011 we will still be approx 50-60 points short of our requirement. What is the best way round this, is it best to just pay the difference or try to rent/buy points from another member??

I'm UK based, so there's not as many of us over here and we've only been members for a couple of years so still fairly new to all this!!

I would be grateful for any advice :brick:

Cheers

Karen
If you only short points for one night it might be cheaper to just pay for that night then to rent points. It all depends on time of year and type of accommodation.

Phonedave

If you only short points for one night it might be cheaper to just pay for that night then to rent points. It all depends on time of year and type of accommodation.

Yes, I may also be hard to find somone willing to rent just 50 points.

-dave

BirdsOfPreyDave

The two easiest options are to either pay cash for the nights you don't have points, or find someone to transfer points to you.

If you book a cash night through Member Services, you are sometimes able to get a DVC discount of 25% off the CRO price. (It's hit or miss. They only give the discount for a certain number of rooms at each resort on a given night. You have to call and ask if its available.) With or without the discount, if you book a cash night through Member Services, they can link the reservations to your points stay, and you won't have to change rooms. (If you make the reservation through CRO instead of Member Services, there's a good chance you'll have to change rooms.)

Each night of your stay needs to be entirely points or entirely cash. For example, if the room is 14 points for the night and you only have 7 points left, you can't give them 7 points and then pay cash for the rest. You'd have to pay cash for the whole night.

With the limitation of only one transfer per member per year, you may not be able to find someone who is willing to transfer such a small number of points. If that doesn't work out, you could consider renting points and having the other member book one or two nights of your trip for you. The down side of this is that the reservations can't be linked, and you may have to change rooms. At a minimum, you'd have to check out and back in and would have to work with the front desk to try to stay in the same room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom