Not enough non thrill attractions

matt9112

It was tamed down, several times in fact, but they can only do so much. You have to keep a certain range of motion or it becomes a waste of the ride system. They were already refraining from having it do inversions, something it's entirely capable of doing in too many ways to count.

I know that I personally was extremely nauseous the first time I rode. Now it rarely bothers me.

Giving some vehicles a less intense ride profile than others isn't an option, as it would destroy the ride's capacity. It doesn't have two separate sides a la Mission: Space.

God i wish it had inversions like corkscrews on broom sticks.

DisneyDaver

The hardest part of 'Forbidden Journey' is when the seats roll back and forward during that small segment ... that small segement essentially rules the attractions out for those who don't like 'thrill rides'.

In general I agree with you that it would be nice to have more family friendly attractions at Universal, but I'm surprised to hear that the seats rolling back and forward are an issue. My 70 year old Dad who doesn't like thrill rides (he won't step foot on Space Mountain or Expedition Everest) loved the Forbidden Journey. I suppose everyone has (and is entitled) to their own definition of what is a thrill ride.

I'd like to see more small kid friendly attractions that don't have height requirements. Or maybe just eliminate the height requirements for ET and The Cat in the Hat ... I don't see why those are necessary.

BiffyClyro

I agree, first time with my 4 year old sister and we aren't going to do all of Universal this time. Stick with Disney. I think Universal cater to the big rides because Disney lacks them. They kinda balance each other out so it works in a way. The majority go for Universal for thrill rides and Disney for the magic/ slower or less intense rides.

Bacon

What do you mean i think they have to many of them see even spongebob agrees

4538764.jpg

Disneyhead'71

Universal isn't all that interested in bringing in the stroller brigade. They like being the go to place when the kiddies graduate from Disney's Preschool Kingdom. The young and the arrested development adults can stay in their magical "safe place". Universal likes to Unleash The Beast! (Says the 51 year old 13 year old.)

thomas998

It was tamed down, several times in fact, but they can only do so much. You have to keep a certain range of motion or it becomes a waste of the ride system. They were already refraining from having it do inversions, something it's entirely capable of doing in too many ways to count.

I know that I personally was extremely nauseous the first time I rode. Now it rarely bothers me.

Giving some vehicles a less intense ride profile than others isn't an option, as it would destroy the ride's capacity. It doesn't have two separate sides a la Mission: Space.

I've noticed that I tend to get more nauseous on Universal motion simulation type rides than I do on the same sorts of rides at any other park. I think Universal just doesn't do a very good job of syncing the visuals to the motion.... And it isn't because I get motion sickness easily as I can ride any spinning rides or coaster of any sort with no problems, its just those blasted virtual rides that Universal has.... Some of them I know I'm going to have to close my eyes are get sick and it has to be the syncing of the motion and visuals because once I close my eyes I'm fine.... but then if you close your eyes their isn't any real point to the ride.

JT3000

I've noticed that I tend to get more nauseous on Universal motion simulation type rides than I do on the same sorts of rides at any other park. I think Universal just doesn't do a very good job of syncing the visuals to the motion.... And it isn't because I get motion sickness easily as I can ride any spinning rides or coaster of any sort with no problems, its just those blasted virtual rides that Universal has.... Some of them I know I'm going to have to close my eyes are get sick and it has to be the syncing of the motion and visuals because once I close my eyes I'm fine.... but then if you close your eyes their isn't any real point to the ride.

I think all traditional simulators are equally nauseating, regardless of park. It's my least favorite type of ride. Star Tours and Wild Arctic are just as bad for me as The Simpsons or Despicable Me. But Mission: Space is the worst offender of all.

When it comes to Universal's motion-based dark rides, I've never had a problem with Spider-Man, and the only time I got sick on Transformers, I had defective glasses. I wouldn't be surprised if people still had issues with Forbidden Journey, but it's definitely more equilibrium friendly than when it opened.

thomas998

I think all traditional simulators are equally nauseating, regardless of park. It's my least favorite type of ride. Star Tours and Wild Arctic are just as bad for me as The Simpsons or Despicable Me. But Mission: Space is the worst offender of all.

When it comes to Universal's motion-based dark rides, I've never had a problem with Spider-Man, and the only time I got sick on Transformers, I had defective glasses. I wouldn't be surprised if people still had issues with Forbidden Journey, but it's definitely more equilibrium friendly than when it opened.

The Simpsons and Despicable Me always make me queasy, Star Tours is probably 50/50 depending on which version plays... But I agree the more open ones like Spider-Man aren't an issue.

DarthMileZ

i agree with this post, i dont like rollercoasters and i can do SOME simulators but most of the rides now i can't do, i used to love Twister, Disaster and Jaws. all gone :( i have to settle with just MIB, ET and the Rapids.

terminator seriously needs updating. the 3D is shocking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom