Norway Post Show Movie being Replaced.....for now?

Sped2424

@Sped2424, I can't see WDW turning a World Showcase pavilion representing a real country into an imaginary town in an imaginary land. I would imagine they'll add some film tie-ins as far as merchandise, but it would be nuts for them to "reimagine" the Maelstrom into something Frozen-themed. (Then again, they've cannibalized attractions in worse ways before...)

If WDW wanted to do something with Frozen, the money would be better spent on a standalone attraction with sled-style ride vehicles, to add to attractions-starved DHS.
See that would be great, if the execs already didn't put anna and elsa into norway, the message is clear, they have found a place to market this film and sell its merchandise which is already lining the shelves in the puffin roost. We already have the princess dine and greet in norway, the stave church is becoming a frozen exhibit, anna and elsa have take over the puffins roost. Mind you the film isn't even out yet, clearly with The 3 caballero's taking over Mexcio, they are not afraid to throw these characters into these countries. Will they call it Arendelle? no. Will it basically no longer really be norway? I would definitely bet my shiny penny. And if WDW1974 said the princess meet and greet is going into that expansion space it would thematically make sense that the facade of the building would be the castle of arendelle. Since maelstrom can't push much merch sales out and frankly is old I could probably definitely see it going the way of the dodo. If you think they won't put in a frozen ride there if this movie is a huge success, then you are going to be extremely disappointed when it happens. It doesn't need to be an imaginary country, just say that arendelle is a kingdom in Norway which if we are going by the film, it is. They have everything they need, outdated ride, land, and expansion space for a hugzone. The execs are probably salivating at the opportunity to sell some more princess merch, wouldn't be surprised if the new hugzone has a bibbity boppity style boutique for the young ones either.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
See that would be great, if the execs already didn't put anna and elsa into norway, the message is clear, they have found a place to market this film and sell its merchandise which is already lining the shelves in the puffin roost. We already have the princess dine and greet in norway, the stave church is becoming a frozen exhibit, anna and elsa have take over the puffins roost. Mind you the film isn't even out yet, clearly with The 3 caballero's taking over Mexcio, they are not afraid to throw these characters into these countries. Will they call it Arendelle? no. Will it basically no longer really be norway? I would definitely bet my shiny penny. And if WDW1974 said the princess meet and greet is going into that expansion space it would thematically make sense that the facade of the building would be the castle of arendelle. Since maelstrom can't push much merch sales out and frankly is old I could probably definitely see it going the way of the dodo. If you think they won't put in a frozen ride there if this movie is a huge success, then you are going to be extremely disappointed when it happens. It doesn't need to be an imaginary country, just say that arendelle is a kingdom in Norway which if we are going by the film, it is. They have everything they need, outdated ride, land, and expansion space for a hugzone. The execs are probably salivating at the opportunity to sell some more princess merch, wouldn't be surprised if the new hugzone has a bibbity boppity style boutique for the young ones either.

All I can say is UGH, Another cheap 3D CGI movie to push princess merch.

aladdin2007

Depends really.. is Disney and Norway still having trouble with their contract?

Norway and Disney parted ways a little over ten years ago now, and even though a huge push was being made for a new contract about a year or two ago, it all fell through and both parties are no longer on speaking terms, thats how FROZEN it is. As I shared in another thread or two Disney was even offered a free new movie with the contract but outright refused it and turned it down. Disney still wanted so much unfathomable amounts of money that the Norwegian parlaiment said no. By the way that movie is on youtube and you can watch its, its called the powered by nature, has a great themsong and everything. Shame on Disney for being so ego and greedy about it. So now they can turn the place into a princess pavilion all they want sadly. If they must still have so much out of control princess stuff, then Akershus should be frozen characters only, not all the other princesses too whom totally dont belong.

By the way heres the link to the stunning film

TexasErin

I love the film. It really does make me want to go to Norway. I know it's outdated, but I still really, really love it and watch it every time. I'm weird like that :)

jdmdisney99

Norway and Disney parted ways a little over ten years ago now, and even though a huge push was being made for a new contract about a year or two ago, it all fell through and both parties are no longer on speaking terms, thats how FROZEN it is. As I shared in another thread or two Disney was even offered a free new movie with the contract but outright refused it and turned it down. Disney still wanted so much unfathomable amounts of money that the Norwegian parlaiment said no. By the way that movie is on youtube and you can watch its, its called the powered by nature, has a great themsong and everything. Shame on Disney for being so ego and greedy about it. So now they can turn the place into a princess pavilion all they want sadly. If they must still have so much out of control princess stuff, then Akershus should be frozen characters only, not all the other princesses too whom totally dont belong.

By the way heres the link to the stunning film

Why did they let this go?!?! It would have been a perfect fit...:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom