Noodles - not for you! (Even longer!)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Staffing is the CM rumor - but then why would El Pirata (seasonal) and Aunt Pollys (seasonal) open full-time while its closed? That doesn't make sense.

Budke

mousermerf said:
Staffing is the CM rumor - but then why would El Pirata (seasonal) and Aunt Pollys (seasonal) open full-time while its closed? That doesn't make sense.

Well, if you pull CMs from El Pirata and Aunt Pollys to staff the Terrace, then those restaurants wouldn't have the staff needed to stay open full time. I'd rather know a restaurant is going to be open/closed the entire day than find out that the restaurant you saw open in the morning is closed in the evening.

I'd also guess you'd get more complaints from visitors that they can't get chicken at Aunt Pollys then people would complain that they can't eat at the concrete patio outside of tomorrowland.

GymLeaderPhil

I doesn't make sense to have the Noodle Station open with a bunch of resturants open around it when Tom Sawyer's Island and Adventureland are devoid of quick service options that offer food (not snacks).

Slacking

Budke said:
Well, if you pull CMs from El Pirata and Aunt Pollys to staff the Terrace, then those restaurants wouldn't have the staff needed to stay open full time. I'd rather know a restaurant is going to be open/closed the entire day than find out that the restaurant you saw open in the morning is closed in the evening.

I'd also guess you'd get more complaints from visitors that they can't get chicken at Aunt Pollys then people would complain that they can't eat at the concrete patio outside of tomorrowland.

I was at the MK both on Sun. and Tues., and both days El Pirata was close also. (and this was during lunchtime on both days) It also looked like Aunt Polly's may have been closed, but I'm not too sure on that one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't see where a staffing shortage is that far fetched of a reason for the noodle station to close. Disney has had a long history of staffing shortages. Also didn't they just start hiring 15 year olds to work in food service? Put those two together and the staffing problem rumor has a lot of validity. As to why the newest restaurant would be closed over an older one it probably breaks down to simple economics and geography. There are two other large quick service restaurants within a stones throw of the noodle station and if 1 quick service could be closed and save two others in areas of the park with fewer restaurants then it makes sense to close it. The noodle station also did not have your usual MK kid friendly menu so yet another reason to select it.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
El Pirata is right next door to Pecos Bill's, literally, so that sorta blows the "Nothing nearby" theory out of the the water.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mousermerf said:
El Pirata is right next door to Pecos Bill's, literally, so that sorta blows the "Nothing nearby" theory out of the the water.
True but take into account the size of El Pirata it is pretty small and it is not open all the time. Hopefully they will get a bunch of people hired over the summer and the noodle station will be able to open up again.

MagliteL13

Budke said:

They can't do that though, because while it's still QSR, every location is a little bit different and unless something extreme happens CMs stay at their location. One of the only times I was moved from Pecos was when the power or control went out in all of the QSR and they never bothered to restore ours (we literally couldn't cook anything)--I was moved to PVH cause they were short handed. The other option is to add the shifts to the extra hours hotline, but then it's not guarenteed that you'd have people pick them up. Also, the same people who staff El Pirata are the same people who staff Pecos.

righttrack

mousermerf said:

True, but the lunchtime crowds in that area are beyond huge! Its just the place people "end up" around that time.

wdwowner

I hope they put back the original menu with the new items. I think they picked a poor place to put a noodle station there.

BRING BACK THE PIZZA AND SALADS!!!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :D :D :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom