NonDisney IPs that eventually could fit in Disney Parks

Mark Dunne

It feels like Disney rely to much on the festivals these days , cramming festival after festival in epcot, and universal are like ''ok we will show you what people want'' if Disney aren't careful they will be caught up very quickly, and no amount of flower baskets or food stands will save them, they need to come out with something huge this year, and i mean huge, Tiana's not it ( i am looking forward to this no doubt ) but them re-skinning an old attraction will not cut it. as fans we need them to wake up ( not panic ) but have real ideas, cos if the 3 of them stand on that stage at D23 this year, and just blue sky, universal will laugh all the way to there 4th gate, and in 10 years it may happen, competitions good no doubt, but this is Disney we are talking about, they were always ahead of the competition by 2 parks, but these new drivers of the company are a far cry from walt/roy & Michael and frank , so who know what we will happen . i will never stop loving or coming to WDW, but i want to see some fight now ! is that to much to ask :(

Smiley/OCD

Since we’re talking fantasy IP attractions, I’ve said several times that Willy Wonka the ORIGINAL movie would be a great basis for a PotC type water ride with “chocolate” dyed water, AA Wonka and the kids along with a crew of Oompa Loompas…the ride could empty into a store where you could purchase all his candies including the Everlasting Gobstopper, and Wonka bars…forget the subsequent versions with Depp, etc, it’s GOT to be the OG…since it was filmed in Munich, put it in Germany…INSTANT E TICKET!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
these new drivers of the company are a far cry from walt/roy & Michael and frank

They're also a far cry from Alan, Jim, and Stan. I so much prefer the "old" drivers

1708359292203.png

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
How about Touhou? Could go well in Epcot's Japan pavilion. There could be a family flying coaster enclosed to feel like you're in the games.

AdventureHasAName

When it was MGM Studios, I always thought a James Bond flume ride (kind of like Jurassic Park in Universal) would have been great.

And if they ever update Rock N Roller Coaster, KISS is the obvious choice to replace Aerosmith.

Mireille

Premium Member
When it was MGM Studios, I always thought a James Bond flume ride (kind of like Jurassic Park in Universal) would have been great.

And if they ever update Rock N Roller Coaster, KISS is the obvious choice to replace Aerosmith.
I dunno, KISS seems like a real lateral move. Aerosmith and KISS (at least primary, original members) are all in their 70s. A quick search didn't bring up any inappropriate underage relationships like with Steven Tyler, but they do have the song Christine Sixteen. Honestly, either they have to go a younger band or musician with some demonstrated staying power (all due respect to Olivia Rodrigo but I don't think she's got enough history to be a safe bet to have the longevity of Taylor Swift or Beyonce), a make believe band, or a full on defunct band sort of frozen in amber, which Aerosmith nearly is now anyway. And that's if they want to keep the "Rock 'n' Roll" theme. I mean, I'm not an Aerosmith fan but the music seems to fit and I enjoy it when I ride. My personal dream would be a Spinal Tap theme since they're making a sequel movie now. Imagine getting in the limo to the gig, Stone Henge blasting in your ear, getting lost and ending the ride back at the studio! And the pre-show could be funny! But I have no idea what sort of impression anyone under 40-ish has of Spinal Tap so that's just my personal dream.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I wouldn't be opposed to Bob's Burgers as well... They could make a decent ride with those characters.

I would also throw The Simpsons in the mix when the contract expires at Uni.

ppete1975

Harry Potter would have been fascinating if Disney did it.
I am glad universal got it. I do not think Disney would have created the worlds like universal did and had it seamlessly through each of their parks. I think it would have been a small land and thats all we would have gotten. In this one instance, I feel universal did better than disney would have.

Kamikaze

I am glad universal got it. I do not think Disney would have created the worlds like universal did and had it seamlessly through each of their parks. I think it would have been a small land and thats all we would have gotten. In this one instance, I feel universal did better than disney would have.
I'm glad Disney doesn't have it because otherwise we'd have to hear about raging lunatic Just Kidding Rowling all the time. Disney couldn't have a key of inclusion and have her spouting off her drivel while they have Potter in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom