Non-park visit: first time back since 1992

draybook

Original Poster
Ok, so the Mrs. and I will be taking a very short trip to SoCal from October 25th until the 26th. I'm going to tkae her to some of my childhood places and eventually we will end up at one of the hotels along the borders of the DLR. Right now I have us booked at a king suite and the Portofino. Is there something better in that price range that's walking distance? Heck, a view of the parks would be just as awesome.

Right now the plans are as follows: land at 1:45pm and head to the rental. The stops will start in Santa Ana at my grandmother's old residence, from there I plan on taking her to In-N-Out, as she's never had it before. Then we'll be headed to Memory Lane and from there we'll bounce on up to Ontario for a handful of stops in Ontario and Upland. I then plan to take her back down to Newport Beach, hopefully before sunset, so she can say she's been to both coasts. After that, I was wanting to end up back at the hotel and then walk over to DTD for some food and to at least show her the esplenade for the parks. Will we be able to walk from DTD to the entrances of both parks? The last time I was there, DCA was a parking lot, as was DTD. Do you think these plans are doable? Our flight leaves at 8:40 in the morning, so I'm trying to get as much in as posssible. I'm not too worried about being tired, as I'll be "on leave" during Octboer, so I can rest when we get back home.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm super excited, as it's been 30 years since I was 'home' in California. This is going to be an emotional trip, even for a robot like me. We're planning on going back out there in 2024 for a 2 week vacay.

Californian Elitist

I was born in ‘92. Lol.

No suggestions, except make sure she tries animal style fries at In-N-Out.😍

Your plan seems doable, if times correctly. Actually, one recommendation. Choose the DtD restaurant in advance and look up their closing time so you’ll know when you have to be in Anaheim by. You can get from DtD to the esplanade without a park ticket.

An early welcome home.🤗

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
From Portofino just walk up Harbor towards the north about 4/10ths of a mile and you'll be at the eastern entrance to the resort. Turn left and head in and you'll pass the bus drop-offs and have to go through a bag check. Then you'll be in the esplanade with DL on your right and DCA on your left. Keep walking straight (west) and you'll be in DTD.

Have fun!

draybook

Original Poster
I was born in ‘92. Lol.

No suggestions, except make sure she tries animal style fries at In-N-Out.😍

Your plan seems doable, if times correctly. Actually, one recommendation. Choose the DtD restaurant in advance and look up their closing time so you’ll know when you have to be in Anaheim by. You can get from DtD to the esplanade without a park ticket.

An early welcome home.🤗

Thanks for reminding me that I'm old, lol. I was 14 in 92...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom