Non free dining restaurants

BrianV

Original Poster
Hi - thinking of going to wdw during a period that free dining is offered. But will likely use a room discount or stay off site instead. Need to deal with this week.

I'm curious...Do the restaurants that don't offer free dining have shorter waits than usual at this time? If there a list of restaurants that don't accept free dining?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi - thinking of going to wdw during a period that free dining is offered. But will likely use a room discount or stay off site instead. Need to deal with this week.

I'm curious...Do the restaurants that don't offer free dining have shorter waits than usual at this time? If there a list of restaurants that don't accept free dining?
Any restaurant that accepts the Dining Plans accepts free dining.

Here's the brochure that shows which do accept. There aren't many that don't, usually only very new restaurants.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2016Dining.pdf

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What @Monty said.

If you are traveling during a period when free dining is offered and you want to eat at table service restaurants you will need to make reservations in advance. Stinks, but that is the reality.

It is not uncommon for restaurants to not take walk ups during free dining as they are already booked solid. Even if they do, you might be waiting an hour or more.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I second what has already been said. 99% of all restaurants at WDW are on the dining plan therefore participating in "free dining". The only restaurant on official Disney property (including Disney Springs) offhand I can think that is not on the dining plan is Victoria's and Albert's which always requires reservations anyway. And of course the restaurants in the Swan and Dolphin, and Four Seasons are not on the plan either.
Even not during "free dining" it's always best to make reservations because all the popular places usually will not have room for walkups. :cat:

sxeensweet

Thanks all. I always seem to see things listed as "doesn't accept disney dining plan" must be fewer than it seems.

Yep it's very few like under 5 and that's including the non Disney Resorts I listed. Lol. Now sometimes when a restaurant outside the parks is brand new sometimes it takes a little while for it to be added like Boathouse was not included the first month or so it was open but was added shortly after. And you're very welcome!! :p

BrianV

Original Poster
Yep it's very few like under 5 and that's including the non Disney Resorts I listed. Lol. Now sometimes when a restaurant outside the parks is brand new sometimes it takes a little while for it to be added like Boathouse was not included the first month or so it was open but was added shortly after. And you're very welcome!! :p

Maybe not worth going. I couldn't book rooms I wanted at hotels I wanted. Ended up booking at Coronado springs. But since I haven't booked airfare yet, sounds like maybe I should skip.

sxeensweet

Maybe not worth going. I couldn't book rooms I wanted at hotels I wanted. Ended up booking at Coronado springs. But since I haven't booked airfare yet, sounds like maybe I should skip.

Free dining to us really does not affect anything and we always go during that time from Oct-Dec minus holiday weeks. We never do free dining but do purchase a dining plan and don't notice it all crazy at the restaurants more than non free dining like the blackout periods we have been there then too. Seemed the same with or without free dining at the restaurants and in the parks. :)

BrianV

Original Poster
Free dining to us really does not affect anything and we always go during that time from Oct-Dec minus holiday weeks. We never do free dining but do purchase a dining plan and don't notice it all crazy at the restaurants more than non free dining like the blackout periods we have been there then too. Seemed the same with or without free dining at the restaurants and in the parks. :)

That's good to know. Was sounding a bit bleak! Really wanted to stay at swan or dolphin and dining would have been fine but both are completely full our days (Aug 23-26). Will have to decide what to do! But thanks all.

sxeensweet

That's good to know. Was sounding a bit bleak! Really wanted to stay at swan or dolphin and dining would have been fine but both are completely full our days (Aug 23-26). Will have to decide what to do! But thanks all.

You're very welcome! If you decide to go hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

Jon81uk

Thanks all. I always seem to see things listed as "doesn't accept disney dining plan" must be fewer than it seems.

I think many snack locations are marked as dining plans not accepted, as they don't have any entrees. But I cannot think of any restaurant that offers entrees and doesn't take dining plan (other than V&As).

We are travelling this September/October and I have only booked ADRs for a few nights so far so I am hoping there is still availability nearer the time!

sxeensweet

I think many snack locations are marked as dining plans not accepted, as they don't have any entrees. But I cannot think of any restaurant that offers entrees and doesn't take dining plan (other than V&As).

We are travelling this September/October and I have only booked ADRs for a few nights so far so I am hoping there is still availability nearer the time!

Although those snack locations most all snacks (minus the pricey ones) are included on the dining plan as snacks. But yes it says dining plan not accepted meaning for QS and TS like you said BUT most of the snacks are included at those locations. :)

sxeensweet

So we booked our plane and car so we are definitely going! Yay. Now need to settle where we stay and then where we eat.

Hopefully I can book restaurants for August still. I haven't looked yet.

Thanks all!!

Awesome! And Yes you should be fine there always is openings at restaurants to book, but it just may be harder for the most popular ones but things usually eventually open up even a day or two before your desired day, even for the hardest to get reservations. You can look on MDE and do some now or just get on and check what's available at this time for your dates. Look forward to hearing what you were able to book and where you decide to stay. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom