Non-Disney Races

surfsupdon

Want to take the time to THANK everyone in this runDisney sub forum. This is such an uplifting, positive, helpful, encouraging group of people.

I love WDWMagic, have been around for a long time, and genuinely enjoy my time in this sub forum. Whenever I post in a high trafficked area, I immediately feel so happy to have kind, helpful friends here in runDisney. Because that kindness is not felt in every spot around here, unfortunately.

So THANK YOU all!😁😁

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Want to take the time to THANK everyone in this runDisney sub forum. This is such an uplifting, positive, helpful, encouraging group of people.

I love WDWMagic, have been around for a long time, and genuinely enjoy my time in this sub forum. Whenever I post in a high trafficked area, I immediately feel so happy to have kind, helpful friends here in runDisney. Because that kindness is not felt in every spot around here, unfortunately.

So THANK YOU all!😁😁

You get what you give - you are always kind and helpful too. 😊

MoonRakerSCM

Obligatory Turkey Trot 5k this morning. Yeah, I'm one of those people. Headed out with my sister to the San Bernardino Logistics Airport. The run was nothing fancy but it had great parking and we got to run on the tarmac even while some Cessnas were arriving/departing. A couple of South African Airways jets were sitting around.

20231123_080617.jpg

The medal is a fake spinner. It has the circle cut like a spinner but it's solid in place. Shamelessly photographed with my celebratory fancy beer for today.

20231123_192208.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Greenlawler

I have done a few random 5k's over the years including one in Boston back in 2014 where I smoked Carl Lewis (of course he was in his 60's) lol....Came in second place, But I am a mostly Disney runner. Back in 2014 I was fast.

I have done a Tough Mudder which included obstacles and a half marathon distance.... mostly steep uphill in the rain (that was miserable). I was one of the few dudes without his shirt off and over 40....so I knew I was in trouble.

I also did a Ragnar with a team of 6 folks. We ran from Chattanooga to Nashville 134 miles. I was elected to run over the Smokey Mountains, the 9 mile straight up voyage since I was the "seasoned runner", and a thankful another 4 miles down. . I then ran another 8 mile leg and a final 4 miler.

Last edited:

Greenlawler

Obligatory Turkey Trot 5k this morning. Yeah, I'm one of those people. Headed out with my sister to the San Bernardino Logistics Airport. The run was nothing fancy but it had great parking and we got to run on the tarmac even while some Cessnas were arriving/departing. A couple of South African Airways jets were sitting around.

View attachment 755423

The medal is a fake spinner. It has the circle cut like a spinner but it's solid in place. Shamelessly photographed with my celebratory fancy beer for today.

View attachment 755424

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
I also buy a fancy beer for post races lol.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

After the coast to coast in January... and my self proclaimed Fattening February having just ended... we were back to it yesterday and we did the Lakewood 5k. A coworker joined us as it's her home town and with her being a few months pregnant, we took it easy.

California had a good storm come through the past few days and it rained like hell Friday night. Saturday morning prior to the race is was blue skies... partially cloudy... but looking good. Then literally within 5 minutes of starting, out of nowhere, it darkened and started peppering. They started the race few minutes early but to no avail as the rain then turned into a deluge. Twas a wet and squishy run but we had a fun time.

20240303_115603.jpg

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy St. Pat’s everybody! ☘️☘️☘️

Back to where it all started for me! A St. Pat’s 10K was a great way to start the morning.

IMG_1226.jpegIMG_5582.jpeg

This event was my first run (other than a single 5K in 2006) back in 2019. I was sitting at a local restaurant a couple of weeks before, saw a poster, and decided “well, the race is only like $10 more than regular admission to the festival, let’s see what happens.”

If you had told a 37-year-old me (that hadn’t so much as jogged to the mailbox in over five years), that I’d randomly get into running (and even start planning vacations around it), I’d have called you crazy, but here we are 5 years and 131 races later 🤯

Updated organized race tally from St. Pats 2019 to St. Pats 2024:
- 50k trail runs - (4 overall)
- Marathon - (12 overall)
- 25k trail run - (1 overall)
- Half Marathon - (34 overall; 2 of them mountain trail runs)
- 10 miler - (3 overall)
- 9 miler mountain trail run - (2 overall)
- 12k - (4 overall)
- 10k - (25 overall)
- 4 miler - (3 overall)
- Quarry Run - (1 overall)
- 5k - (38 overall)
- 1 Miler - (3 overall)

MoonRakerSCM

San Diego 5k/half marathon this morning. I did the 5k due to a recent injury but 3 friends did the half. The half is a fantastic course showcasing off most of San Diego and we've done it several times. Mile 9 is the worst hill I've ever done but it's always great to beat it... looking forward to beating it again next year if I can...

Weather was pretty nasty this morning... 30mph winds, scattered showers, and a bit chilly. My sunglasses blew off my shirt a couple times and peoples hats were flying all over the place. Medal was kind of meh this year. People online found out it's just a google image stock photo print and the chrome cheapens the already cheap design.

20240324_154447.jpg

Great run if you want head down and visit San Diego!

Surferboy567

Pretty far away from Disney however, I have been doing these conqueror challenges. Namely the Lord of the Rings ones and Scooby Doo. Thought this theme was cool, and wanted to share here. Oh, and unlike Disney you need to provide proof you actually did the activity though their app.

EDIT: Will probably be signing up for this tomorrow as I love the Looney Tunes.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Boston medals for this year were definitely a choice. I find that the Boston medal is just one you don’t mess with.
Agreed (even though I will never ever qualify, I did do the covid virtual edition that they opened up to us slow-pokes!). Along the same lines, I really wish our own runDisney had kept the classic Mickey medal going for the marathon. With ever changing themes, gimmicks, and graphic design styles for all the other event's and challenges, it would have been cool to keep just one event's (the original race) medals simple with a consistent traditional design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom