No value resorts in Feb?

LittleMerman

I'm planning to go to WDW for a week in early Feb but when I search for available resorts, I only see moderate and deluxe hotels. Are the value hotels not open or would they potentially be all booked up already? Thanks for any input.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Early to mid-February is quite popular so it is possible that they are booked up. It is also possible that only one or two of the days you are looking for are booked up which will kick out your entire trip.

Try moving your dates or splitting it up across multiple resorts.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
There is usually a big cheer or dance event on in February, over the first weekend I think. There could well be a block booking at some of the Value resorts.

I know there’s a run DIsney site, not sure where to check dates for these kind of events though.

Upvote 0

ppet

I think there is a run the weekend of the 19/20th. We have a 7 night stay and have to do the first part at POP and the second at AoA. We didn't check any of the all stars because everyone wanted the skyliner. We chose POP and AoA because of our young grandson, we think he will enjoy the over the top colors and images. As a pp said try splitting your stay.

Upvote 0
We've noticed the same thing across the resort categories. Our usual DVC rental company also cannot accommodate our top choices. This is our typical time to go (pre-COVID), and it has me wondering if crowds will be larger. There are also no current hotel offers through Disney for that time, which had always been available before. This has us rethinking when we will go, as avoiding crowds is our main objective. :)

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We've noticed the same thing across the resort categories. Our usual DVC rental company also cannot accommodate our top choices. This is our typical time to go (pre-COVID), and it has me wondering if crowds will be larger. There are also no current hotel offers through Disney for that time, which had always been available before. This has us rethinking when we will go, as avoiding crowds is our main objective. :)
February is only 3 months from now. When did you make your request for thenDVC rental?

Last year there was lots of availability, but from now on it is going to get a lot harder to get what you want within the 7 month mark.

Upvote 0
You typically don’t have to book that far out for
late Jan/early Feb. We always wait until fall to compare the Disney offers and still have had several acceptable options to choose from. We’ve done it many times. Based on how things look right now, we will likely hold off. Don’t need to battle larger than usual crowds during a pandemic no less!

Upvote 0

Kobe!!

There is usually a big cheer or dance event on in February, over the first weekend I think. There could well be a block booking at some of the Value resorts.

I know there’s a run DIsney site, not sure where to check dates for these kind of events though.
Thought this went to Universal...

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Thought this went to Universal...
I think it was the Pop Warner event at the beginning of December that went to Universal.

There is definitely a big event on at the beginning of February, there is some backlash growing because it seems participants booked on a special deal for it are being allowed entry to the deluxe after hours event on Friday 4th Feb (a change of day from the usual Wednesday).

This is from an article by KennythePirate:

Disney World hosts many competitions throughout the year, and there is one currently scheduled for February 4-6, 2022. The UDA High School National Dance Team Championship will take place that weekend.

…. We are excited to bring back the Extended Park Hours on Friday night as well as the Celebration Party on Sunday night!

Upvote 0

Disdude71

I was just able to book Pop from Feb 6th through the 10th. Not sure how long the availability will last though. I had some weird trouble booking it too. My cart kept coming up empty after I chose something. Not sure if they are having trouble with website. Had to call to book it.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
We just got 3 rooms at All Star Movies for 2/14-2/20
Here's Massachusetts, February vacation starts on Monday 2/20 - that week in WDW is completely booked up. I never saw such a phenonium - not a single Disney resort having any vacancy. Truth be told, if that is the case, parks will be jammed packed with vacationers.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Here's Massachusetts, February vacation starts on Monday 2/20 - that week in WDW is completely booked up. I never saw such a phenonium - not a single Disney resort having any vacancy. Truth be told, if that is the case, parks will be jammed packed with vacationers.
Not surprising. A number of friends and family no longer work in offices and commute. From working from home they have accumulated more in savings, stock market performing well in the last few years, that when they go on vacation they splurge and enjoy but that takes pre planning way in advance to make it happen.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
that when they go on vacation they splurge
I think the cooped up nature of working from home, is also a factor - not from a saving money perspective but a cooped up in the same place day in and day out perspective. People want to get away and do something and disney is definitely a place that comes to mind for many people

Upvote 0

Mdcruz75

When I spoke to the castmember who booked our rooms. She said check back daily because as they hire more staff they can release more rooms. She said they are so short staffed that some hotels are only at 25% capacity due to the shortage. It took us about a week to get them but they free up. Also I think your week is a RunDisney week. Good luck.

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

Original Poster
I wonder why that would be. I'm going Feb 5-13 bc we thought it would be low crowds. We ended up booking Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom