Trip Report No Superstorm is Stopping Us!!

Hello everyone!
Oh my goodness, I cannot believe we are already here. If you haven't read my pre-trip report, you can find it here (https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ge-girls-do-spring-break.931781/#post-7896625), but if you just want to skip that I'll give you the quick lay-down of what's going on!

Back in September of last year, I was casually sitting in my dorm room at Penn State with my roommates, Danielle, Chelsea, and Acadia (yes, there's two Danielle's!). We were talking about how badly we wanted to go to Disney on Spring Break and all of a sudden just said, "well why not?!" It took some convincing of our parents and finding the funds to afford the trip, but just days later we were sitting on our beds on the phone with Disney and booking our Spring Break 2018 trip!

Originally, our trip was supposed to be from Wednesday, March 7th-Saturday, March 10th. We were going to be staying at Disney's Art of Animation (first time for all of us here!) in a Little Mermaid Suite, and planning on hitting one park a day. We only made one ADR at Akershus on Thursday because of the short time span we were going to be there.
But now that's when things change (and where the title comes from too!)

Initially our first flight was supposed to be on Wednesday at 6 am from Laguardia airport, and we were going to be leaving WDW on Saturday at 7:45 pm. That would give us time to hit AK on Wednesday on DHS on Saturday. Danielle, Chelsea, and myself are all from Long Island but Acadia is from State College, PA so tomorrow she was supposed to take a bus to NYC and then a train to Long Island so we could all travel to the airport together.
This morning I woke up to a very frantic mom telling me that she'd been on the phone all morning with Danielle's mom because we're expecting a superstorm Tuesday night that could potentially cancel our flight on Wednesday.
12 inches of snow basically means no flights on Wednesday which would thus mean NO TRIP! No way that was happening!

All day today we've been scrambling...parents talking, us doing research and trying to figure out how we're going to make things work. Alas, it seems as if things have finally fallen into place.
We are currently booking a flight out of JFK tomorrow night at 7:49 PM that will get in at 10:45. Acadia is taking a 1 AM bus from State College into NYC tonight and then taking a train to my house. Danielle's dad will be driving us all to the airport tomorrow and I will be calling Disney now to see if we can get an extension on our room at AoA.

I know...IT'S CRAZY! But there's no way we're letting this superstorm ruin our trip to Disney that we've been planning for so long! So now with one day less to get everything in order, I have to hastily go pack, run some errands, and get my last minute stuff done before we leave tomorrow.

But have no fear, the minute we arrive back on Saturday I will be officially starting this trip report for everyone. I'm so beyond excited to be going to Disney World with my best friends and hope you all will follow along this journey with us!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Great room pictures! I feel like stress goes hand in hand with air travel (at least for me :/) I hope you got a good breakfast the next day to make up for going to bed hungry!

Thank you so much! I couldn't agree more!
And don't worry, we definitely made up for our hunger in breakfast and (lot's of) snacks the next day :)

danitaytay

Original Poster
Great report so far! Thankfully you were able to rearrange your travel plans!!

Thank you so much! Me too! It truly ended up being a blessing in disguise.
Ugh! I hate the Total Stupidity Agency. That's why I don't fly (and the screaming babies). Glad you survived your flight!

Haha, I love that one! I couldn't agree more on that one. Thank you so much :)
Thank goodness you made your flight, with so little time after the TSA experience. It's just the luck of the draw with the various personnel--some are very efficient, while others should not be working there.

At my airport, they have dedicated lines for TSA Pre, Global Entry, and then a sort of general line, and finally, a specific line for families traveling together or others that need additional assistance. It kinda sounds like they put you in the more assistance line (which you obviously should not have been placed in). :facepalm:

That is so smart! You'd think a huge international airport like JFK would have that available but no...they just make things difficult for everyone. I'm just glad we got through it all too!

Ahh, the joys of the LIRR, MTA, JFK/LGA and LIE. Glad you overcame all those obstacles. We're having our third nor'easter in as many weeks as I'm sure you know... 5" on the island and counting so far.
Congrats on your arrival - enjoy! I'm totally jelly. 😜

Haha, couldn't agree more! Hoping you guys get through this storm okay as well. My mom just texted me that my sister's school is cancelled again. I feel like they don't even go anymore, lol
Thanks so much for following along!

Following along! Curious about this 'no waits whatsoever' ... what a cliffhanger! :joyfull:

Thanks so much! I know...I just had to leave it there! Next update will be soon though, I promise

danitaytay

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I apologize for the lack of updates...school this week has been crazy! Doesn't college know I have a trip report to write?!
Anyways back to the report!

(Also on a side note: I want to apologize because we don't have our FP pictures yet because they're on my friends computer. But as soon as a I get them I will add them to the TR!)

Day Two!
Wednesday, March 7th, 2018: No waits whatsoever?!

My alarm woke me up bright and early at 6:15 to get ready for the day. A good five hours of sleep should be interesting on a long day to come...

But we were all dressed and ready for breakfast by 7 so we headed to the Landscape of Flavors to fill our starving tummies. We all decided on egg sandwiches, just egg and cheese for me and Danielle and bacon, egg, and cheese for Acadia and Chelsea (Danielle and I don't eat pork!). I was really upset because all I got was the egg sandwich and an apple juice juicebox and somehow my magicband was charged $11!!! That was more than any of the three other girls who got more expensive items than me. So I think that the cashier accidentally overcharged me because she looked like she was confused when she was checking me out.

Off to Animal Kingdom!!
IMG_1161.JPG

We were all done with breakfast and at the bus stop at 7:25 and the bus was right there waiting for us with no line! This became a trend of the trip but personally I never like to take a seat on the bus because there's always someone more in need of it so we all stood on the bus together. I saw the grand Animal Kingdom sign over our head and we were in the park at 7:40!

IMG_1164.JPG

The PP photographer told us to jump off the ledge. I think it's safe to say we aren't very good jumpers...
IMG_1166.JPG

So here's where I want to take a quick pause from the TR and just explain a situation that changes most Disney trips for me. I have a chronic illness caused endometriosis, as well as a few others that all cause me chronic debilitating pain among other symptoms. Because of these illnesses, I'm on a boatload of medications and one includes an extremely strong one that is actually used as chemotherapy treatment for patients with prostate cancer. This medication makes it extremely harmful for me to stand out in the sun for too long and in addition to me not being able to stand for long periods of time due to the pain associated with it, my doctor requested that I receive a DAS pass whenever we go to Disney just to minimize my symptoms and ensure I have a good time.

So after scanning our Magicbands and heading into the park, our first stop was Guest Relations, where I had my doctors note all ready and explained my situation. The CM helping us was so kind and understanding and actually told me I was already in the system from my last trip to the parks so all she had to do was take a new picture of me and we were good to go.

And alas...it was time for our first park of the trip!! :happy:

IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG

Our first stop was Pandora to get a return time with my DAS pass for Flight of Passage. It was hard not to want to stay in Pandora any longer though because the area was just absolutely incredible. We took a few pictures of the floating mountains before heading to Africa!

IMG_1177.JPG

As tradition when I go to Disney, I always sing "Waka Waka" by Shakira when we go through the entrance to Africa. I was glad I was able to get my friends to join along. Our first ride of the trip was the safari, which only had a five minute wait. We literally walked right on and our safari vehicle wasn't even full! We had an awesome safari where we got to see lots of elephants (my favorite!) and even cooler...all of the lions were out, which is something people rarely get to see. It was awesome!

IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG

After our journey through the Sahara we ran over to Asia because the MDE app said Everest only had a five minute wait! It really paid off that everyone was in Pandora! We walked right onto Everest and somehow managed to get the first and second rows. This was the first ride that we got to experience Chelsea's screaming, and I was literally in tears at how funny she sounded. Her screams on roller coasters almost resemble a howler monkey. It was hilarious.

Coming up... the dino ate Chelsea?!

Attachments

• IMG_1183.JPG
    IMG_1183.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 53

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I am loving it so far! Can't wait to read more, as I recall really enjoying your last report as well. I'm a PSU graduate, but I'm sure I told you that already :p and also, my hometown is a little town near there called Philipsburg.

danitaytay

Original Poster
I am loving it so far! Can't wait to read more, as I recall really enjoying your last report as well. I'm a PSU graduate, but I'm sure I told you that already :p and also, my hometown is a little town near there called Philipsburg.

Thank you so much! And I sure do remember :) I love that "we are" everywhere lol

danitaytay

Original Poster
Day Two, Part Two:

I forgot to include the hilarious ride photo we took on EE, so here it is! We tried to look bored/sleepy in a good majority of ride photos, but sometimes it just didn't work. Also, I finally got out PP pictures so I can include those now!!

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180307_8198516493.jpeg

Anyways, from Asia we travelled back in time to the prehistoric era and hustled over to Dinoland. Dinosaur only had a 20 minute wait so we hopped right onto the standby line but just as we had experienced with the last two rides we’re pretty sure the wait was just the time it took for us to walk up to the pre-show and from the pre-show to the actual ride vehicles. Chelsea had never been on Dinosaur before so we collectively decided not to tell her about the t-rex at the end, and the end result was absolutely hilarious. I got to be the lucky one to sit next to Chelsea and we purposely had her sit on the last seat to the right so she was closest to the dinosaur, and she was absolutely terrified. She was basically laying in my lap in the ride photo.

We're so scared of the dinos! :p
IMG_1213.JPG

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20180307_8198520155.jpeg

After just surviving our encounter with the dino’s we messed around in the gift shop with the dino merchandise and decided to head over to Primeval Whirl because the wait time was only listed as 5 minutes. It was a hilarious ride and we were all bouncing into each other every time the car jerked. Deciding that since we hit the spin cycle we needed to follow it up with the wash cycle, we hurried back over to Asia to hit Kali River Rapids. Again, no wait!

Just a couple of 20 year old's being absolutely ridiculous!
IMG_1222.JPG

Smiling because we haven't waited yet all day!
IMG_1228.JPG

Danielle was freaking out a bit about getting all of her stuff wet since we decided not to get a locker but we ensured her that we’d probably be fine. As we were walking through the queue I warned everybody of how I’m a bit of a water magnet, and since Acadia claims she repels water, we decided she’d sit next to me to see if our effects cancelled each other out.

All in all, we didn’t get super soaked but enough to be walking around with soggy shorts for a while. I think we all were kind of disappointed realizing how short the ride really is. Our return time for Flight of Passage was coming up so our day of running around the park continued as we scurried over to Pandora. I decided to give my mom a quick phone call and as we were walking over we saw a very short line to meet Timone so we decided to hop on and give it a try. It was a very short encounter but that’s what it seemed like for most people he met so we weren’t bothered by it at all.
AK_CREATCOM_20180307_409927797118.jpg

Then it was over to Flight of Passage and we were so excited. We went through the fastpass line and after waiting for about 15 minutes they sent us into the pre-show area. We were a little confused as we were in there for about 20 minutes and it kept repeating the same thing so we figured it was malfunctioning and eventually a CM came in and told us our room wasn’t working and we’d have to wait for another one to open up to be moved. So we probably waited a total of 30 minutes in the pre-show area just to be ushered to another one and have to watch that annoying video all over again. But it didn’t matter because after that it was the moment we were all waiting for!
And oh my goodness…I don’t want to spoil the ride for anyone who’s never been on it but there are no words to describe how incredible it was. I was absolutely speechless when it was over and immediately wanted to ride again. So we decided after riding to get another return time with my DAS pass and they told us to come back in 2 hours.

After we got out of FOP we saw a long line to take PP pictures in front of the floating mountains and couldn't resist getting some cool shots!
IMG_1234.JPG
AK_PANDORAFLOATMTNICON_20180307_409928075439.jpg

It was nearing noontime and our tummies were rumbling so we decided to try Sauli canteen for lunch. Because we’re all such original people we literally all got the same thing to eat. The chicken bowl with rice and black beans as a base and the black bean sauce on top. And of course free cups of water for all of us. I was surprised at how yummy the food was! I also liked how the atmosphere wasn’t like a quick service restaurant whatsoever.

Yum!!!
IMG_1237.JPG

Once we were filled to the brim we decided we’d hit up Discovery Island. On the way out of Pandora we watched some strange show with music that I didn’t really get so we decided to move on.

In the trend of the day we walked right onto It’s Tough to Be a Bug and I think we all remembered why we disliked it so much. None of our chairs were working and the amount of screaming and crying children in the show doesn’t make it enjoyable at all. But it was an nice relaxing break and a rest for our feet.

Bug eyes much?!
IMG_1242.JPG

I thought it was really amusing that as we were walking through the queue to get in the show Danielle asked us if the tree was real. I don’t think anyone gave her an actual answer besides just laughing. It’s okay, we all have those blonde moments at some point.

Danielle, Chelsea, and Acadia all grabbed Mickey ice cream bars on the way over to the Marajah Jungle Trek but poor me is severely lactose intolerant so I decided to pass so I didn’t risk a stomachache.

We had a nice stroll through the trail but what I found most amusing was at one point we walked past a group of ducks and I overheard a man tell his girlfriend that he didn’t know ducks could fly. I just chuckled to myself and continued on.

Coming up... we just keep running everywhere!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Day Two, Part Three:

We spent a lot of the trip looking for unique walls to take pictures in front of (because we're annoying millennials, I guess it's just what we do ;))
IMG_1796.JPG

It was then back to Pandora for our next return time for Flight of Passage and that’s when Chelsea struck again. As we were walking up the steps to the upper part of the ride, Chelsea managed to completely wipe out going up them, proceeding in not just us but everyone else in our pre-show hysterically laughing throughout the entire show and not hearing a word from the video. The ride was just as breathtaking and incredible as before and I think it now takes the cake for my favorite ride in Disney World.

Our first fastpass for the day was for Everest from 2:35-3:35 so we once again sprinted across the park to Asia. Somehow we managed to get the first two rows again!

Some pre-Everest selfies, and then a switch-up on the ride photo!
IMG_1812.JPG
AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180307_8198687606.jpeg

And what did you expect us to do next? If you guessed run across the park to another section you guessed right. This time it was back to Pandora again because we had a FP coming up for Navi River Journey. While we waited for our time to come up, Chelsea, Acadia, and I all got the Night Blossom from Pongu Pongu. It was super yummy and pretty to look at. So of course we all took pictures with our drinks before I accidentally spilled mine all over myself.

The smile didn't last long before I was covered in sticky drink, but it was still delicious!
IMG_1255.JPG

By the time we were finished drinking and relaxing in the shade our fastpass for Navi River Journey was up at 4. Overall it was pretty cool and the animatronic was incredible, but there was no way it was comparing to FOP.

IMG_1274.JPG

We saw another PP photographer, this time in front of the waterfall, and of course just as we were about to take our pictures the wind went crazy! The results were these awful but also hilarious pictures.
AK_PANDORALGFALLS_20180307_409935580506.jpg

We decided to browse some shops afterwards and that’s when I decided there was no way I was walking out of the park without a pair of Rose Gold Minnie Ears. I’d been eyeing them for months and I got a gift card for my birthday the week prior from Chelsea so I said “happy birthday to me!”.

IMG_1280.JPG

We had our 3rd FP coming up in Dinoland so we crossed the park once again and saw that Pluto and Goofy were doing a meet and greet together so of course we had to get in line! They were super cute and we had a really fun interaction with them.

The whole gang!
AK_DINOCHAR1_20180307_409937314480.jpg

Triceratops Spin literally had no line so we just decided to walk on for a nice relaxing ride. Our FP for Dinosaur started at 5:15 but as we were walking over we saw that Donald was taking pictures in his paleontologist costume and literally nobody was in line so we sprinted over for some cute pictures.

The sun was in our eyes so we're all a bit squinty but I think Donald is so adorable in this costume!
IMG_1794.JPG

And finally it was time for another encounter with the dino’s! This time Chelsea was a bit more prepared and stayed more composed than the last time. She still screamed a ton though.
Not as funny as a picture as last time but still pretty good!
AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20180307_8198762022.jpeg

Primeval Whirl had a 10 minute wait so you bet we went right on that afterwards. This time we were on the opposite side and I could’ve sworn it was way crazier than the other side. Definitely way more jerky and spinny but that’s just my opinion.

Coming up...

danitaytay

Original Poster
Day Two, Part Four:

We noticed a cool photobooth right outside the ride that you could link the photos to your Magicband with so we all took turns taking crazy pictures and trying to fit all four of us in the tiny booth.
WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBDAKDINO_20180307_8198780004.jpeg
WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBDAKDINO_20180307_8198781807.jpeg

Our goal was to stay at the park until dark so we could see Pandora all lit up and at this point it was 6 so we checked the MDE app and saw that Everest had a 20 minute wait. We hopped on the standby line and this time our celebrity status was over and no front row for us. But we still had a blast!

We took these on the way over to Everest! I thought the sky looked so cool behind the mountain.
IMG_1788.JPG

Chelsea decided to take a little nap on the line while waiting. Chelsea continuously throughout the trip deemed the rest of us "too hardcore Disney" for her, as she never got up that early or stayed until closing at the parks. We tried to keep tally of the amount of queues, shows, and rides she slept on!
IMG_1310.JPG

I don't know what happened but for some reason there was no ride photo this time :confused: We did stop and take some cool nighttime PP pictures in front of Everest though!
AK_EVRST1_20180307_409939858181.jpg

At this point it was getting dark out so we excitedly ran over to Pandora to see the bioluminescence in action. It was beautiful and so cool! Literally the movie brought to life. After visiting Pandora the four of us decided we’d have an Avatar movie night when we got back to school and eventually as the trip went on we ended up adding 6-7 more movies to that list!

So cool!
IMG_1320.JPG

We eventually left the park around 7 and we were absolutely exhausted but Danielle really wanted to go to Disney Springs. So we went back to our room to change into some warmer clothes because it got pretty chilly out and got on a bus back to Disney Springs. We browsed some of the shops in the newer section which in my opinion was gorgeous but didn’t really have the Disney feel to it. It was definitely very luxurious feeling though. At this point the only one to buy something there was Danielle, who got some gifts for her mom.

Pretty bathrooms and mirrors in Disney Springs = mirror selfies! You can see that we're much more bundled up now...it got really cold outside.
IMG_1325.JPG

If I hadn't bought the rose gold ears earlier in the day, I would've bought these ones too! They were so pretty. I have a growing ear collection, and it's starting to become dangerously large. But I really love collecting them and my plan is to hang them all up on a wall in my apartment next year! I have some from etsy, Disney World, and Disneyland Paris and I hope to get many more. Especially with all the cute ears Disney has been coming out with lately, I'm sure my collection will continue to grow.
IMG_1326.JPG

We were absolutely starving as it was nearing 9 o’clock and the plan was just to go to Earl of a Sandwich but as we passed the Rainforest Cafe we decided to just take a whim and see if there was any wait and to our luck there was none! We were seated immediately and ordered waters for the table. Danielle and I both got hamburgers, Chelsea got a bacon cheeseburger, and Acadia got a house salad. Sorry, no pictures this time! The food was absolutely devoured…we were literally starving! I was really surprised at how expensive the food was there. Yes, I get it’s Disney, but $18 for a burger and fries is crazy! Once our stomachs were pleased once again we headed back outside and went to Goofy’s Candy Company. Acadia and I got an oreo covered Mickey rice krispie treat but we were too full to eat it now so we decided to save it for later.

IMG_1333.JPG

We browsed World of Disney where Acadia and Chelsea both got crazy hats and some other stuff and finally got on a bus back to AoA at 10:40. We were absolutely exhausted.

We pulled back up to the bus stop at 11, dragged our exhausted bodies to the room, and I took a quick shower before absolutely passing out around midnight.

Second Day Summary:
Total Miles Walked = 14.2 (I know...crazy!)
The Good -got everything done with no waits!
The Bad - extremely long day with little sleep
We were surprised by - how incredible Pandora was!
Today I tried - a Night Blossom
The Result…super yummy and refreshing
In one word today was…long!

I also found this photo we took earlier in the day when we arrived at AK that I forgot to post. The PP photographer told us that he wanted to do some magic shots with us, so he had us posing and doing all crazy things. He eventually told us to look down and act surprised. So Acadia asked what exactly was so surprising, and he said "there's a bunch of chicken nuggets in your hands!" That got a very excited response from us. I though the likelihood of the magic shot actually having chicken nuggets in it was low, but you never know with Disney. We were a bit disappointed when we saw the pictures to see that it was just butterflies. But nonetheless, I thought it was a really funny moment.
AK_BRDGBTM_20180307_409925564762.jpg

Coming up...it's a cold one!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Day Three!
Thursday, March 8th, 2018:
Around the world in one day!

My alarm once again woke me up at 6:15 and we all got ready for another day in the parks! Chelsea literally took forever to get ready and probably switched her shoes 4 times. We finally left the room at 7:15 but then Chelsea and Danielle decided they wanted to change their shoes again so they headed back to the room and Acadia and I decided we’d just wait for them in the gift shop. We all just decided at this point to grab food to eat on the bus since we were already running late so I got some frosted flakes, Chelsea got yogurt, Danielle got a bagel, and Acadia got pop tarts. A very nutritious breakfast for all :oops:

We were on the bus to Epcot at 7:50 and were in the park by 8:20 for extra magic hours. There was an extremely long line for bag check and I joked that it was a longer wait than most of the lines we’d already experienced!

Our first stop was of course for some PP pictures! Of course the sun was blaring into our eyes and this was the only picture that came out with all of our eyes kind of open.
EPCOT_FWCENTERROVERSC_20180308_409949815205.jpg

Once we got into the park we decided to hit Test Track first since that line gets crazy fast. Danielle and I teamed up and Chelsea and Acadia teamed up. I think Danielle and I made the most ratchet car ever but we were determined to win. And win we did! Our ratchet car won with a score of 211 while their car got a 207.

Me and Danielle's interesting car...
IMG_1347.JPG

After our test ride we hopped over to The Land to get a return time for Soarin with my DAS pass. On the way over there we looked at some of the beautiful topiaries and took a stroll through the butterfly house. I think throughout the entire day we walked through the butterfly house like 6 times. Don’t ask me why!

We walked right onto The Seas with our first fastpass and after our encounter with nemo and friends we decided to try Turtle Talk with Crush. It was my first time ever doing it and Acadia told me it was a little kids show but it was supposed to be really cute. It reminded me a lot of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and I thought it was adorable. We browsed the aquarium after and watched a presentation on the manatees. Chelsea kept calling them walruses and we just pretended not to know her!

It was extremely chilly and windy today! We unfortunately didn't dress accordingly, instead deciding we wanted to look cute for our ADR that night. We ended up paying for it later on.
IMG_1383.JPG

I'm pretty sure every little kid was staring at us while we were taking this picture. No shame!
IMG_1393.JPG

Our return time for Soarin was at 10:30 and I was so excited to see the new Soarin Around the World. I thought it was absolutely beautiful, but as I’ve read in the forums before, I did notice the slight curve, especially on the Eiffel Tower scene.

Before we leave...another pretty wall picture!
IMG_1378.JPG

We decided it was time for a refresher so we went to Club Cool where Acadia and I were plotting to get Chelsea to try the Beverly. We had some issues getting the machine to work but finally she filled her cup with the drink, took a sip, and at first looked like she liked it but then her face went sour and she yelled at us. It was hilarious! Everyone around us was buckled over in hysterics.

I really love Club Cool and think trying different sodas from around the world is awesome. We were missing our Fab Five Friends so we hopped on line for the Character Spot where I got into a joking tussle with a CM who went to Ohio State. We joked about our football rivalry and about what was the better school and then it was time to meet some old friends! We had a lot of fun with Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy! At one point Goofy accidentally stepped on my foot and I have to admit, those shoes are really hard! My toe was killing me.

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20180308_409951083274.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON4_20180308_409951083292.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON5_20180308_409952806955.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON5_20180308_409952806993.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON6_20180308_409950568924.jpg

Coming up... the cold's gonna bother us anyways!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Day Three, Part Two:

On the way out of the character spot we saw a stand with Flower and Garden merch and I bought a really cool drawstring bag and Acadia got the festival Minnie Ears as well as a festival pin.

This is just a picture of the front but the back had a beautiful floral design on it as well!
IMG_1354.JPG

A nice family offered to take a picture of us but once again the sun was shining bright despite it being really cold out! Our trend for the day was throwing off our jackets really quickly for pictures and then quickly putting them right back on.
IMG_1356.JPG

It was time for FP #1 at Spaceship Earth and I knew Chelsea was going to fall asleep on this one but I was surprised to see Acadia fall asleep on it as well. I'm a huge history nerd so I love this ride and can often recall learning about almost everything mentioned from AP World History. Acadia and I had a very interesting future but realized Acadia accidentally hit that we were from Barbados on the map so when we got off of the ride we were floating in the middle of the ocean!
IMG_1408.JPG

Afterwards the moment I was waiting for all morning came when I saw the bubblegum wall outside! Of course we had a lengthy photoshoot and despite the strange stares we got from a lot of people we got some adorable pictures!

This is seriously the prettiest wall! I know, such a "millenial" thing to say...
IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG

We were feeling a bit peckish and Chelsea had been begging for a turkey leg so we granted her her wish and she got a turkey leg all to herself. I got myself a Mickey pretzel because they’re one of my favorite snacks in Disney! We sat on a bench eating and relaxing for a bit and once Chelsea devoured her turkey leg it was already time for our second fastpass at Soarin.

My favorite Disney treat! I'm a happy girl :)
IMG_1798.JPG

After Soarin Acadia insisted we go on Figment and Danielle kept trying to convince her not to but eventually we all dragged her on line. At some point during the ride Chelsea must’ve fallen asleep and at the end when there’s the big puff of air she got so startled she jumped onto Acadia. This wouldn't be the first time she got punished for sleeping on a ride :p

After Figment it was time to travel the world! Our first stop was Mexico, where Acadia and Danielle got nachos to share and Chelsea and I got some fun drinks. We browsed the Mexico pavilion and then went on the Tres Caballeros ride.

We tried putting these sombreros on but kept whacking each other with them because they were so big! It was absolutely hilarious. I can't imagine how someone would get this home with them on a plane!
IMG_1792.JPG

After that it was off to Norway and I was so excited to go on the Frozen ride for the first time. I was a huge Maelstrom fan and am still really upset that it’s gone but I thought the Frozen ride was really cute and well done. After that we saw that Anna and Elsa only had a 20 minute wait to meet them so we hopped on line. We had a really cute interaction with them, talking about our custom Minnie ears and how we could possibly help Sven decorate his antlers with something he wouldn’t try to eat.

EPCOT_FROZENCHARC2_20180308_409956590063.jpg
EPCOT_FROZENCHARC1_20180308_409956493675.jpg

Coming up...a royal dinner!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Day Three, Part Three:

After Norway we traveled over to Germany where Chelsea picked up some gifts for her family and boyfriend. I was on a mission to find the famous pickle tree because my sister and I always take a picture in front of it. Everybody was being a bunch of party poopers and wouldn't take a picture with me so please enjoy a picture of the tree by itself in all its glory!
IMG_1534.JPG

We cruised on over to China and watched the last half of the Chinese acrobats. I absolutely love them and make sure to watch their show every time I’m in Disney.
I seriously can't fathom how strong these guys are?! I can barely lift a 20 pound weight :(
IMG_1531.JPG

After that we watched the Reflections of China show and then I got a pork and vegetable egg roll because the pretzel from before wasn’t keeping me very full.
I wasn't expecting it to be very good but it was actually so yummy! I was so starved I absolutely devoured it.
IMG_1533.JPG

We continued to browse the countries but Danielle was getting very cold and wasn’t in a very good mood at that point. I really wanted to show the girls the pick a pearl even if we didn't plan on doing it ourselves so we observed for a little while and then made our way past Morocco and the United States. Acadia and I were really upset because we just missed the last American Adventure show of the night but I did snap a pic of the Woody topiary that's always outside it because I think it's so cute!
IMG_1537.JPG

We took some pictures in Italy where I ended up running into a friend from school which I thought was really funny.
EPCOT_WSCITALYICON_20180308_409959741959.jpg
EPCOT_WSCITALYICON_20180308_409959741965.jpg

When we got to France we decided to hit up the patisserie because we were craving some sweets! Danielle and I both got chocolate tarts, Chelsea got some kind of mousse, and Acadia got chocolate mousse. Everything was absolutely delicious and we all took turns putting our spoons in each other’s desserts. We just sat in chilled in the warm cafe for a bit before walking over to England.
Everything looked so yummy I wish I could've tried a little bit of everything! Being in the patisserie brought me back to last summer when my family visited France and it made me really sad. I want to go back so badly!
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG

We were a bit confused because as we walked over to England we saw Alice in her usual meet and greet spot but there was literally not one person in line so we weren’t sure if she was actually meeting people. But the minute Alice saw us she ran over to us and started talking to us so we just went along with it! She was probably the best Alice I ever met and we spent some time talking about the chilly weather.
Also to note...this Alice absolutely had her accent to a perfection. Of course the CM playing her could've been from the UK herself or not but if I tried my best British accent you'd all be laughing at me.
IMG_1546.JPG

At some point Acadia got a cronut which I have no idea how she ate because I was still so full from the pastries.
We tried to stay snug in the shops as it was getting really cold outside. We had some time before our 8 pm ADR at Akershus so we went back to The Land realizing we never went on Living With the Land. Well it turns out that the ride closes at 7 pm which I never realized so we just decided to sit and chill in the pavilion before heading over to Norway at 7:30.
But first...PP pictures in front of the colorful ball!
EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_20180308_409962072402.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom