No standard rooms at the WL

julieluvsdisney

Just hung up with CRO and there are no rooms except courtyard & concierge available for the first week of December. Am I mistaken, or is this supposed to be the slowest time to visit? Could they be holding rooms for something, maybe an upcoming discount code :animwink: ? We'll be there Dec. 3-8. We would love to avoid the value resorts due to the cheerleaders & Pop Warner, so would PO be a good alternative?

Julie :xmas:

tigsmom

The WL is one of the most popular resorts & the rooms go fast.
If you really have your heart set on staying there you could try a travel agent. Do you belong to AAA? We were able to get rooms thru them when we couldn't thru Disney Travel. Just a thought.

Contact Pam at Kingdom Konsultant; she is a sponser & a member here. She has worked wonders for others. She really goes above & beyond. :wave:

Upvote 0

phlydude

tigsmom said:
The WL is one of the most popular resorts & the rooms go fast.
If you really have your heart set on staying there you could try a travel agent. Do you belong to AAA? We were able to get rooms thru them when we couldn't thru Disney Travel. Just a thought.

Contact Pam at Kingdom Konsultant; she is a sponser & a member here. She has worked wonders for others. She really goes above & beyond. :wave:
I had a problem getting standard rooms there using codes for discounts but not for a standard rack-rate. The only discount rooms available during our stay upcoming this weekend were Woods view and Deluxe.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

When we checked in on the 23rd (Fri) of last month we had our choice of rooms (we booked a courtyard view). Almost the entire hallway facing the Villas & the small pool was empty. By Saturday afternoon the place was packed & very few rooms were available. We were unable to use the pool because it was so hot & humid alot of people did not stay in the parks.

Upvote 0

imamouse

phlydude said:
I am checking in early so I hope to have my choice of rooms too!!

By 'checking in early,' due you mean on a Fri instead of a Sat, or just early in the day on any given day? Please explain how to get your choice of rooms. Do you mean a free upgrade, or a certain room within your view catagory.

I usually stay at the Value resorts, but I am saving up for a trip to WL so I would appreciate any and all advice for securing a good room at a discount.

Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

When we book we book the best room we can afford. Don't count on free upgrades. We checked in around 11am & our room was already cleaned. The Resort wasn't very busy that day so the CM showed us the map & let us pick our room. We chose the same room we had last year because it was quiet.
Check the codes frequently.

If you do a search on the WL you will find alot of threads with good tips. :wave:

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Last year, we went to WDW during the first two weeks of December, and by the second one it had started to get very busy. We got a room at the Polynesian no problem, though, with the AP rate (but the Contemporary was full by 10a the morning AP codes came out, and I overslept!!). If you're unable to stay at the Wilderness Lodge and don't want to stay at All-Stars with the cheerleaders, may I suggest the Caribbean Beach. Also, don't forget to get tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell'sMom

We are going the first week in December and also staying at the WL. We made our reservations in March for standard rooms at rack rate, hoping for some sort of discount. We got the e-mail and the only rooms available were courtyard view, but we took them anyway because we really want to stay here!! I was looking at Disneyworld.com last night and could not find any rooms available there!

Upvote 0

phlydude

imamouse said:
By 'checking in early,' due you mean on a Fri instead of a Sat, or just early in the day on any given day? Please explain how to get your choice of rooms. Do you mean a free upgrade, or a certain room within your view catagory.

I usually stay at the Value resorts, but I am saving up for a trip to WL so I would appreciate any and all advice for securing a good room at a discount.

Thanks! :wave:
When I say checking in early, I mean that our flight is the second one out in the morning from PHL and that should get us to Orlando before 8:30 AM. We will make our way over to The WL and hopefully get there by 9:30 on our arrival day (Saturday). (I have a little system where my wife waits for and pulls the bags from the belt while I go get the rental car. I beat the lines and then can meet her at the arrival pick-ups and load the car and then off we go!) While it's not the crack of dawn, it's still a lot earlier than the 3:00 PM check-in time that is published and earlier than when most others arrive. Plus, it gets us the oppurtunity to get on the Flag Family list for this trip!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Tinkerbell'sMom said:
We are going the first week in December and also staying at the WL. We made our reservations in March for standard rooms at rack rate, hoping for some sort of discount. We got the e-mail and the only rooms available were courtyard view, but we took them anyway because we really want to stay here!! I was looking at Disneyworld.com last night and could not find any rooms available there!

The courtyard views are very nice and worth the money. I've stayed there multiple time & the only rooms I've seen that I wouldn't want are on the 4th floor overlooking the roof looking towards the smokehouse (you could step over the balcony railing & walk on the roof) or the garbage bins (not sure where they are located in the building, but my sister ended up in one because it was the last room available).

A woods view overlooking the bog (looking out towards the castle) is nice.
The courtyard view overlooking the Villas & quiet pool is very nice, but a walk .
We had a view overlooking the waterfall one year...never again; it kept me up all night. (my niece thought it was raining & they slept in and missed 1/2 a day. :lol: )
We do tend to use the pool & other facilities so its not just a place to sleep for us.

I recommend the WL to anyone who asks and everyone has loved it & has gone back again. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom