NO spectromagic August 15 - 29???

Kriszee1

Original Poster
Hello out there! I was wondering if anyone else heard that Spectromagic will NOT be showing from August 15 to the 29th and instead they will be showing the Dreams come True parade at 3:00 and 7:00??? :veryconfu I read it on another sight but it is not in the refurbs anywhere. Apparently they will be working on the Liberty Square Bridge??? Anybody hear anything? Is it true? This would definately be a bummer. We are there from the 16th to the 24th.:cry:
Thanks everyone!

elcheapo

nothing official...I think its just a rumor started,its not even on the wdw website but I hope not I'll be there from 8/20-8/29

elcheapo

maybe you guys are right but until i get official word from wdw then its just a rumor, kind of like all the 5th gate stuff....and don't they schedule this stuff in a low time

peter11435

Trust me... this is official word from WDW. The refurb is urgent and needs to be done as soon as possible. They picked a time after the summer crowds start to subside and before the full parade route is needed for MNSSHP.

happymom52003

maybe you guys are right but until i get official word from wdw then its just a rumor, kind of like all the 5th gate stuff....and don't they schedule this stuff in a low time

If you look on the August calendar for the MK on the official Disney World website, it has the Dreams Come True parade listed as the evening parade during that time frame.....not Spectromagic.

wickedfan07

If you look on the August calendar for the MK on the official Disney World website, it has the Dreams Come True parade listed as the evening parade during that time frame.....not Spectromagic.

Yep, it's on the official website. SpectroMagic is not listed and Disney Dreams Come True is scheduled to run at 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM.

Biff215

From what I saw under that bridge last month, this refurb definitely needs to happen NOW. I think Jim Hill stated that they had every bit of cribbing they could find under there right now, and for at least once, he was spot on.

As far as the 5th gate stuff goes, I think that will take a little longer than two weeks and we will probably get a little more advance notice. :p

Kriszee1

Original Poster
Well, thanks everyone...this just stinks...it's my favorite parade. Oh well, I guess we will just visit more attractions. I'm not a huge fan of the Dreams Come True Parade since they took away the snowglobes. I tried to find info about it here, but I really don't have alot of time to scan through each and every thread out there. I have a 4 year old asking for Shamu on youtube, so gotta go....but thanks for confirming it! Have a magical day!

BenS

Well I'm relieved. We're there from the 13th to the 18th, so we'll get to see it. Most of my party's never seen it, so I'd have felt bad for them if they missed it.

Sorry to everyone who wasn't so lucky. :(

DisneyLeo18

i usually never take time to sit and wait and watch the whole parade, but i love to ride splash mountain while its going by, anyone else??

Disneykidder

I just called Disney Reservations. They can look up any parade for you. Her computer said that during the time that I am there(8/24-31), it is showing 2 times every night....7 and 11.

Not sure what to make of this. Usually the reservation center has the most current and recent info. I hope she was right because I do not want to miss it!!:wave:

Disneykidder

OK...just called again to make my final payment...WHOO HOO and I spoke with the most pleasant woman who actually sounds like the voice recorded. Anyhoo....she did confirm that Spectro will be operating from August 1-14. It is on hiatus from August 15-29 and will resume again on August 30.

I am very upset as it is my fav parade. At least I still get to see it, but so will EVERY person there. They will all go that night.:mad:

hardcard

Hey.. I understand being bummed about the parade.. but, keep in mind, the alternative is potentially plunging a multi-ton float into the water... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom