Trip Report No Sounds Like Summer? We'll JOURNEY Anyway! *COMPLETED*

It was this week last summer that @TrolleyFollower91 and I had an epic girls trip to WDW.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-july-journey-completed.917246/#post-7369605

On our first day we rocked to the music of DSB ~ the ultimate Journey tribute band ~ at the America Gardens Theater in Epcot. It was an event we'll always remember. DSB was the final band in the annual "Sounds Like Summer" concert series. The lead singer said the band was looking forward to returning next summer.

IMG_1332.JPG

And here we are.....it's "next summer."

But there has been no "Sounds Like Summer" concert series in 2017. :(
No DSB. :arghh:

Don't. Stop. Believin'.

Em and I refuse to go our Separate Ways. We have too much fun together. We have one last chance to do WDW together before school starts and by golly we're gonna do it....even without DSB.

Want to tag along?

Attempting a full-fledged LIVE trip report is daunting and difficult, so I decided to follow @TheMouseFan's lead and be LIVE-ish. Real time pics and updates to be expanded on after my return home.

Oh, and I will finish my currently-in-progress trip report. :D

Who's ready for Summer #2?
IMG_3160.JPG

We are!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Did you know there is a mailbox on Main Street? And it’s REAL!
54261176-c854-44ec-a4e3-5d76278dd54b-jpeg.239126

Being the retro type of gal that I am, I certainly do know where that mailbox is located--I've used it to mail postcards. (I also know where the mailboxes are located in the other parks.)

It's sort of a tradition since my childhood, that when you go on vacation, you send postcards to family/friends. Although sending postcards has practically fallen by the wayside, I still send a few. People like to receive them in the mail, as a pleasant respite from only receiving bills. ;)

Gurt

Being the retro type of gal that I am, I certainly do know where that mailbox is located--I've used it to mail postcards. (I also know where the mailboxes are located in the other parks.)

It's sort of a tradition since my childhood, that when you go on vacation, you send postcards to family/friends. Although sending postcards has practically fallen by the wayside, I still send a few. People like to receive them in the mail, as a pleasant respite from only receiving bills. ;)

I love getting postcards, I can't remember the last time I got one though, another fatality of the digital age.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great photos!! This is one of my favorite rides!!
Us too!

The new tshirts are very nice!

Love the t-shirts!! Perfect!!
Thanks @RedNoseMickey and @littleroo :inlove:

I’d love to get a postcard from you @MinnieM123! I sent postcards as a girl (it was a “thing” like you said) and my kids sent a few Disney ones to the grandparents (on the trips they didn’t tag along with us. :joyfull:)

fractal

Tuesday, July 25

I had been looking forward to this day for awhile ~ the opportunity to meet the legendary @fractal :). His was the first trip report I ever read, based on Em’s recommendation. As a budding photographer, Em became acquainted with Fractal’s work in the Photography forums. Then she found his trip report and discovered that not only did he take amazing pictures, the man could write!

But more on that trip report later.

We had @lostpro9het / @imahistorygeek Breakfast of Champions before heading for the bus. (If you don’t know what that is, you need to read our previous TRs! ;))

Wanna see us in our new Uniqlo Minnie shirts?
View attachment 239125

But I’m getting ahead of myself. We were on our way to the bus.

Em had to ring the cowbell. And I managed to refrain from singing the chorus of Buttons and Bows.
View attachment 239123

The bus was waiting for us and in no time we arrived at the MK.

Em was a *little* too excited about the empty Passholder entrance.
View attachment 239124

Did you know there is a mailbox on Main Street? And it’s REAL!
View attachment 239126

Your first Trip Report? I truly feel honored!

View attachment 239137
Does anyone know what time it is?

Pirate Time!!
View attachment 239135

View attachment 239140

View attachment 239139

Heeerrre’s Johnny!
View attachment 239141

Fortunately for Em, she did not drop her lens into Pirate waters. It was imperative she get pictures of the Redhead!

View attachment 239142

View attachment 239143

View attachment 239144

The man in the front row is a classic!
View attachment 239138

I think this is a cool Magic Shot.
View attachment 239136

Nice job by @TrolleyFollower91 on the Pirates photos - I'm impressed! And she even held on to her lenses! :D

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wait - how have I missed this?
Now heading back to read!
And only 13 days till I'm on that plane and finally I get my ride on BTMRR after 2 loooooooonnnnnnnnnnng . Years! Very happy lady right now :)
Now it’s your turn to send me a photo of you enjoying yourself on your beloved ride! I can’t wait to see it! :happy:

Postcards are still a thing in my family but I can't remember the last time a friend send me one. Even Christmas cards are becoming a thing of the past, which makes me really sad as those are my favorite.:(
I’m a Christmas card lover too and each year get fewer and fewer...:cry:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After our wildest ride in the wilderness we went to visit a few playful spooks.

60A1C8F7-47DE-46E8-B961-92DC648673B8.jpeg

This was our first FP attraction. Standby wasn’t that long yet and we probably didn’t need the FP but we used it anyway.

Em attempted the “dark ride photo challenge.” Of course she was courteous and did not use a flash ~ we’ve had many HM rides ruined by flash-happy guests.

E97A4DD9-5BA7-44AF-B6C2-FCAB87AEEE27.jpeg

I’m so glad she captured this shot as it proves the absence of the drunken couple on the other side of the chandelier.
A53F43DA-23FF-4315-B580-4A2D9E5F2563.jpeg

C04102A9-E2FF-4FF8-93F4-FF736078E0CB.jpeg

EDE810F8-1954-4686-820C-30CA331B6E01.jpeg

Looks like a ghost WILL follow us home!
DECC159E-5416-4C85-A3F3-46EC3AFFE599.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had several minutes to spare before our next FP, so we popped into the park’s best-themed bathrooms (although there are no flowers inside ;)) and then sailed away.

C942817C-F41B-4C40-9FD0-D45348BF33E2.jpeg

(Em did not take out her camera. “We already have so many pictures of this ride!”)

FP window now open, we took flight over Neverland....and Em’s camera captured a few images.

1218D110-5DB6-4387-8B19-6687065AC3BC.jpeg

6350CCBF-9566-4757-8F0B-286087D26C30.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good thing we weren’t planning to ride 7DMT next.
CCC39A66-21B9-492D-AD5D-AEEF4817082A.jpeg

Actually we did not have time to ride anything next, as it was ADR time!

7CA36EFF-7853-43EA-9C78-3120FB05C499.jpeg

43561C2A-BD25-4D12-827A-649D507B6FFB.jpeg

Though this trip was planned less than 60 days in advance I was still able to book lunch at BOG. Pixie dust is possible if you believe!

As I mentioned during the live part of this TR, Em’s favorite roast beef sandwich had been replaced by a French Dip. She wasn’t happy but tried it anyway. We’re still waiting for her assessment of the sandwich (and of the moonshine margarita from Homecomin’ :brb:)
963C03C0-A567-48F6-90D0-482620CBB409.jpeg

I was disappointed with my turkey sandwich. The baguette was smaller and soft...almost soggy...not the typical light-but-chewy texture of a baguette.
(Side note: the sandwich was much improved in August. I’ll get to that trip eventually! :joyfull:)
F3E14600-A48E-43FA-ADCE-35FA17AA4540.jpeg

As we were finishing, I received a call from @fractal. We made arrangements to meet. While I was excited, Em was reserved (remember I am much more comfortable with new people than she is.) My boldness can embarrass her and I know meeting up with strangers (even WDWMagic friends) takes her out of her comfort zone. She is fine once the ice is broken but the anticipation is stressful. We had a little pep talk and laughed about how @Zipitidoda had already spoiled the surprise Fractal and I had planned.

And then we walked to Frontierland.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
As we were finishing, I received a call from @fractal. We made arrangements to meet. While I was excited, Em was reserved (remember I am much more comfortable with new people than she is.) My boldness can embarrass her and I know meeting up with strangers (even WDWMagic friends) takes her out of her comfort zone. She is fine once the ice is broken but the anticipation is stressful. We had a little pep talk and laughed about how @Zipitidoda had already spoiled the surprise Fractal and I had planned.

I’m like @TrolleyFollower91 - I’d be hesitant too. Something about the comfort behind a keyboard. I would probably be the same until we would get to speaking with each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom