No PoTCO, TLOPO players, users?

Buschik320

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I searched through the threads, but did not see anything ..

So I'm guessing no one has played (or is playing) Disney's old Pirates of The Caribbean Online (died Sept 2013), or its resurrection in The Legend of Pirates Online (TLOPO)? It's a nice game, can be played on normally equipped computers, both Win and Mac .. with modest stats. The usual characters are there, Jack, Elizabeth, Will, Davy Jones, Gibbs, Barbosa, even the monkey .. Disney wrote it for the teen set, and there were (at one point) 1M+ players worldwide .. Sadly, they decided, on Talk Like A Pirate Day, 2013 (cruel irony) to dispatch the game after nearly half year of threatening to close it down .. *sigh* t'woz a sad day fer oll ..

Then, couple years later, a group of fans convinced The Mouse to allow the fans to run the game, with WD et al to still own it. Servers, tech and everything associated with the game would be solely the responsibility of the fan group, to run and PAY for all costs WITHOUT ANY PROFIT (or even recompence either), meant not even costs could be recovered. Sadly, it never got off the ground. Several other groups tried and failed (or scammed) many users, players into donating ..

Then another group of rabid fans (yeah, I'm one) managed to convince WD Corp to let us try again. As before, NOTHING could change in the game, as far as safety and protocols, filters, etc, as the game is still targeted to kids, teens. This time, the audience was much much smaller, fewer as many fans, gamers, found other pirating, sailing games (Sea Of Thieves, Assassin's Creed/Black Flag, Pirates Of The Burning Seas, etc) to play with more advanced graphics, realism. Still, diehard (translated: OLDER) fans stuck with our own Pirates, in The Legend Of Pirates Online (TLOPO).

So th' lil history 'ere ta .. um, maaaaaybe entice, solicit, interest, some new players, fans, rekindle the Disney love, spirit .. pirate, in oll o' us, saavy?

If'n ya believez in it .. a medium did tell me, and I did recall through past life recollection, I woz a pirate (apparently reeeeally bad person), in the late 1700's) and woz .. dispatched o'verboard by me crew, ('xplains me fear o' open water now, and me piratical proclivities in this life).

So, I be wond'rin' who woz, maybe, "a pirate" in a previous life, as it were .. or just played any o' th' Pirate-type video games?

Attachments

• PotCO_Pirates.JPG
    PotCO_Pirates.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Anne_PotBS_Startup_Roberts_Wide.JPG
    Anne_PotBS_Startup_Roberts_Wide.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Dwead3.JPG
    Dwead3.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
  • PIC_0249.JPG
    PIC_0249.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 19
  • images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 20
  • My Ship.JPG
    My Ship.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 20

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom