No need to tweet.. I got wdwmagic :) A post as I go trip report....

disneysince71

Hello WDW friends... :)
So instead of Twitter... I am going to do a post as I go for my trip report.... I will go ahead and list my few ADRs... but most of the time I will be planning as I go... In our family we have My Husband Daryl, Me, 18 year old DD, 15 year old DD and 10 year old DS. Our 20 year old Son will be joining us at the end of the trip along with My Best Friend and her family.

Day 1 Tues 6/18 arrive- Staying one day at Hampton Inn in Davenport.
Day 2 Wed 6/19 arrive at Beach Club Villas. Evening meeting with @figmentfan423 in Epcot.
Day 3 Thurs 6/20 dinner at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Day 4 Fri 6/21 dinner at Garden Grill
Day 5 Sat 6/22 Move to Bay Lake Tower for the weekend dinner at Chef Mickey
Day 6 Sun 6/23 Breakfast at Whispering Canyon My Best friend from Atlanta arrives with her family.
Day 7 Mon 6/24 Move to Boardwalk resort (yes you counted right this is resort number 4)! Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table
Day 8 Tues 6/25 Lunch at via napoli
Day 9 Wed 6/26 Lunch at Crystal Palace- My son arrives in the afternoon
Day 10 Thursday 6/27 Lunch at Plaza
Day 11 Friday 6/28 Dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse
Day 12 Saturday 6/29 Dinner at Ohana
Day 13 Sunday 6/30 drive home! :)

If you have any ideas please post!

disneysince71

Original Poster
Over the past few months and speaking to others, I realized how blessed we are to be able to spend so much time in the world. I guess it's just our thing... We dont have fancy cars, we own a moderate home, we dont go anywhere else.. Just purchased a lot of DVC points when the kids where young... Disney is just all we do! :)
I did not post about the number meals we ate in the rooms, or the fact we where in a studio with Nick on a cot. I guess I am just keeping it real for a minute... I want you to realize we are not rich. We save up all year for our trips... Just like most everyone else... And we are not to proud to eat PB&J in the rooms if we needed!
The next few posts will be postives and negatives about the trip please forgive my spelling... In the car with no glasses! :)

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
Arkersues (spelling)
This was a treat! Even though we have gone to Wdw my entire life March was the first time we had been to the castle... And this was the first time we had been here.
We brought our 15 year old daughter Abby. She is still a huge Belle fan.
We had a hard time getting there it was lightening. They did offer to let us cancel because of the dangerous conditions.
We finally arrived Abby was thrilled. Dinner was very good! We loved the Appetizer bar! I got the short ribs, Daryl and Abby the steak they both agreed mine was best!
We enjoyed the shared dessert... We thought it was a great idea!
The cost was around 58.00 each. We saved a little with our TIW card... We would do it again. :)

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
Meeting @figmentfan423
This goes down as one of the best days, I have ever had at Disney.
Terri and James where two of the nicest people.. I have ever met!
I had spotted her In the morning getting on Test Track. I did not want to say anything... Because I did not want her to think I was some kind of stalker! So I did not say anything!! :)
We met up a couple hours later.. Daryl was there for the meeting then went back to the room he was very sick. So after we met up... We hung out, Talked... Our boys played like they had known each other for years!
We stopped at R&C to watch the Hat Lady... She was having an off day.. I think... We then walked around a little more...,
Rode Figment with Figgy....
We ended the evening with illuminations and A grey goose slushy which James was very nice to split with me... As noted before I am not a drinker, and I did not want to have to be carried back.
It was a great evening! If you get an opportunity to meet with a WDWmagic friend even for a cup of coffee... I highly recommend! Nick and I have made a friend for life! :)

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
So our Grand Floridan Cafe experience not as good this time!
I love Shrimp and Grits... The last time I had it at GF it was the best I had ever had!
So we went back... It was not as good. So I have gone from highly recommend to.. To its good.
As for Daryl he had the Lobster burger. When he ate it he said it was the best burger he had ever had.. I wrote down a bunch of stuff... Thought it would be great to do a thread about... Well 10 hours later my husband got really sick. Sick for 36-48 hours.
After he was fine... We may not be back to the GF cafe! :(
Things happen and we are not worried about it... I just don't think it's fair for me to leave out things because they are negative... :)

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Over the past few months and speaking to others, I realized how blessed we are to be able to spend so much time in the world. I guess it's just our thing... We dont have fancy cars, we own a moderate home, we dont go anywhere else.. Just purchased a lot of DVC points when the kids where young... Disney is just all we do! :)
I did not post about the number meals we ate in the rooms, or the fact we where in a studio with Nick on a cot. I guess I am just keeping it real for a minute... I want you to realize we are not rich. We save up all year for our trips... Just like most everyone else... And we are not to proud to eat PB&J in the rooms if we needed!
The next few posts will be postives and negatives about the trip please forgive my spelling... In the car with no glasses! :)
You are rich where it counts....in your heart! Safe travels home...until next time! :)

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Original Poster
Crystal Palace
How have I missed this little Gem!
We went 15 years ago, and they served cold sandwiches and salads on the Buffett. I rember feeling a little ripped off.
What a change for around 30, we had a full Buffet, cold and hot. Pooh and friends came over several times... It was a great deal. We liked it so much went twice! Highly recommend :)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...

This comes up from time to time...the cost.

I forgo things (limited cable TV...only enough for internet really, as I need that for work...but it doubles as my entertainment).

I live in a modest apartment well below my means that is close to work.

I ride a bicycle to work and around town (no insurance, no car payment).

6176817297_578c98ef6c_b.jpg

When I need a car, I am lucky enough to have a company where I can use a company car (though, it is gaudy...this is the company van...though right now I have the Honda Civic.)

6177339266_9f6445973d_b.jpg

If the company didn't pay for my cel phone plan and iPhone 5, I would have the cheapest prepaid flipphone I could find. So, no Cell bill.

I don't go out much (hence why I'm online so often). I don't eat out much. I almost never go to a Target or Walmart and buy things (Walmart is the devil if you allow yourself to get sucked into the "wow, that's neat AND cheap" mindset...been there, done that...walked in meaning to buy a 3 dollar lightbulb and some bleach, walked out with a cart full of stuff...EVIL!)

I was discussing with my ex how they could plan a Disney trip of their own (they are in the DC area, in MD, her current husband makes a bit less than I do, and she doesn't work.) I told her, for them to go within a year (not to mention a 2 or 3 year savings plan) it's as simple as setting aside 300 - 400 a month. She balked. But, she drives a brand new 32k car, they recently bought a house that is above their means, they've both maxed out their credit, and their house is so full of junk they buy on a weekly basis that I'm surprised it's not bursting. They go see movies several times a month, they have full cable, they buy new electronics and other things regularly...

However (and I will clarify)...that's how they choose to enjoy the money they earn. And, if that's how they choose to spend it, good for them! They earned it, it's their money.

But, to those who say Disney isn't "affordable"? Well...they should take a strong look at where else their money is going, if they truly wish to go.

</rant> Sorry...got a bit off track...

Upvote 0

cal1967

I just want to say, I have never been to Walt Disney World, although that will change as of December 11th this year, and I have had the best time reading your updates. I have learnt some things, but more than anything, I feel like I have spent over a week there already. Thank you so much for doing what you did. I loved it. I will be staying at AoA from Dec 8 - 18th with my DH, DD, DS and 83 yo mum and I can't wait. This trip report has just confirmed that what I have worked so hard to achieve is going to be worth it. - Thanks again @disneysince71

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I just want to say, I have never been to Walt Disney World, although that will change as of December 11th this year, and I have had the best time reading your updates. I have learnt some things, but more than anything, I feel like I have spent over a week there already. Thank you so much for doing what you did. I loved it. I will be staying at AoA from Dec 8 - 18th with my DH, DD, DS and 83 yo mum and I can't wait. This trip report has just confirmed that what I have worked so hard to achieve is going to be worth it. - Thanks again @disneysince71

First trip? Stop reading forums, just go and have fun! You will! I guarantee that!

Upvote 0

gonetowdw

See, this is exactly why I stopped lurking and decided to start posting. We (my husband daughter and I live moderately as well) and we appreciate any minute that we can spend in the World. Disney is our vacation of choice also. I have a business trip to Orlando coming up. I am very lucky that my husband was able to be off work and my daughter and her friend will also be joining us. We will be hopping on and off property. I pack pop tarts and cereal when we go and try to save money but still enjoy every minute that we can. Again, I really appreciate your live trip report. I hope that you have had a safe ride home. God Bless you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom