no more pearls?

bjlc57

Original Poster
I heard last night that they are closing the live pearl store in Disney Springs.. I was very committed to buy a pearl in Japan next year for each of my Grandchildren.. does any one know will they close that aspect of the department store in Epcot as well? I hope not.. its entertaining and like a life bond as a gift..

splashtest

I heard last night that they are closing the live pearl store in Disney Springs.. I was very committed to buy a pearl in Japan next year for each of my Grandchildren.. does any one know will they close that aspect of the department store in Epcot as well? I hope not.. its entertaining and like a life bond as a gift..
I believe they are separate. I don't think the pearl experience will be closing forever in Epcot. It may not open with the park right away but I would expect it to open eventually.

Disstevefan1

Disney Springs normally sees tenants come and go. The rent for a storefront at Disney Mall... er, I mean Disney Springs must be astronomical! I would have hoped Disney would have paused taking rent during the COVID shutdown, but probably not.

Jon81uk

The department store in run by Mitsukoshi and therefore is separate to Pearl Factory who have a store at Disney Springs.

(edited to correct Disney Springs store name)

Last edited:

Amused to Death

...Edwin Pearl who have a store at Disney Springs.
It's the Pearl Factory kiosk in the Marketplace that is closing. They also have locations at the Yacht and Beach Club, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, Universal City Walk, and Old Town. Pearl Factory is part of Na Hoku, Inc., which has its own store at Disney Springs.

Pearl Factory.jpg

Last edited:

crawale

Between the Y&B there was a little stall where you could get those pearls - maybe other hotels had them too and maybe still do.

thomas998

Maybe there will be a 7DM store to replace it. Crack open a rock and find yourself a diamond or a gemstone. View attachment 474380
Sounds like something they have at zoo near us, only it's digging for gem stones/rocks... if it is anything like that it isn't what you would expect. They seed the ground with real gem stones only they aren't of the quality that could ever be faceted as you might expect, closer to the type you might stick in a rock tumbler for a week and end up with a mildly interesting rock at the end. Though I expect they would charge enough that you could buy real earrings with real stones somewhere else based on the mark-up the typical DS store has to use to cover their rent.

NiarrNDisney

The Pearl Factory has a few locations around Orlando including WDW property. Besides the now shuttered location in Disney Springs there is one inside Typhoon Lagoon and the Beach Club Resort. So should the pearl experience in the Japan Pavilions Mitsukoshi store be closed you have other options.

Last edited:

Letteyeti

The pearls were always a nice no matter if you got it at the Disney Springs Kiosk or Japan Epcot location. The sad thing about this whole thing is a company at the Disney Spring location having to shut down because of this whole virus mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom