No more Discounts at Virgin record Store Downtown Disney

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Just an FYI.

I stopped by Virgin Record store in downtown Disney with a friend/annual passholder. We bought a few things and when we showed are annual pass to get our discounts WELL new rule as of Jan 1 2002 they no longer accept that. Meaning NO DISCOUNT
:( sniff sniff

NowInc

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Just an FYI.

I stopped by Virgin Record store in downtown Disney with a friend/annual passholder. We bought a few things and when we showed are annual pass to get our discounts WELL new rule as of Jan 1 2002 they no longer accept that. Meaning NO DISCOUNT
:( sniff sniff

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dammit!!! I buy so much crap there!!!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
I can confirm it for you. Sorry to hear the news myself. Heck I havent even recieved a Mickey Monitor yet, and I got my pass back in the first week of October.

NowInc

Originally posted by orlpassholder
I can confirm it for you. Sorry to hear the news myself. Heck I havent even recieved a Mickey Monitor yet, and I got my pass back in the first week of October.

This means I have to go thru my ex to get discounts on magazines/books now (she works at borders)...I didnt want to do that...grrrrrrr

Maria

Originally posted by NowInc

This means I have to go thru my ex to get discounts on magazines/books now (she works at borders)...I didnt want to do that...grrrrrrr

yeah yeah..... I believe you..... :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

James123

Account Suspended
Mad Dogs and Englishmen

I have to agree that the Virgin store has a lot of stock....but most of it is WAY overpriced. I have purchased a few items from them and I was very thankful to see the product "in the flesh". However, I have found that I can purchase most CD's and DVD's via the Internet at less cost with no sales tax and free shipping. As an example, I got the entire Disney Treasure DVD set (four tins with 8 DVD's) for $87.00 (total cost to my door). VMS is nice but just too expensive even with a discount! However I suppose that some Englishmen must fly their hot air balloons.

NowInc

Re: Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Originally posted by James
I have to agree that the Virgin store has a lot of stock....but most of it is WAY overpriced. I have purchased a few items from them and I was very thankful to see the product "in the flesh". However, I have found that I can purchase most CD's and DVD's via the Internet at less cost with no sales tax and free shipping. As an example, I got the entire Disney Treasure DVD set (four tins with 8 DVD's) for $87.00 (total cost to my door). VMS is nice but just too expensive even with a discount! However I suppose that some Englishmen must fly their hot air balloons.

Id never buy a CD or a DVD from there..but the books are pretty decently priced..and after that AP discount..it was quite appealing ;)

dsny1998

Personally, I've always liked the VMS, but then again....I'm form Toronto, and we don't have one here yet (2003)....

But anyways, what was the AP discount?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom