No Love for the Timekeeper?

mrtoad

imagineer99 said:
Well, I think the reason that TimeKeeper (and all circlevision technology for that matter) never really caught on due to the fact that you have to stand. Let's face it, people just don't like to stand when experiencing an attraction.

When I went on it this past summer, I remember people openly complaining about having to stand.

Personally, I think the show is wonderful (however, would it have been so difficult to update the dial to read "2004" instead of "2000". )

Well, the show should be comended for its amazing animatronics and effects!

I do remember as a kid the circlevision movies being hard to watch if you were small and the theature was full. You could not see past all the adults.

Number_6

Until August of 2003, the last time I had been to MK was before Timekeeper opened. Since August of 2003, I have been four times and Timekeeper was closed on three of those visits. It was open when I went in June to look at houses in the Orlando area and on that trip I was trying to get to attractions that I had never experienced before, or ones that had been changed since the last time I had experienced them. I walked in and it was packed with people waiting to see it. I have to say, it quickly became a favorite of mine because of the great writing and humor, as well as the outstanding comedic timing of Robin Williams. I will admit, it was kinda silly seeing 2000 as the year on the time machine insted of 2004, but I was willing to go with it since it was so much fun. I had hoped it would be open so my kids could see it, because they would really like it(and I would be hearing my son mimicing it for the next three months), but unfortunately they haven't seen it and if it is really going away for good once Stitch opens, they won't get the chance to see it at all, which is really quite sad...

General Grizz

Number_6 said:
Until August of 2003, the last time I had been to MK was before Timekeeper opened. Since August of 2003, I have been four times and Timekeeper was closed on three of those visits. It was open when I went in June to look at houses in the Orlando area and on that trip I was trying to get to attractions that I had never experienced before, or ones that had been changed since the last time I had experienced them. I walked in and it was packed with people waiting to see it. I have to say, it quickly became a favorite of mine because of the great writing and humor, as well as the outstanding comedic timing of Robin Williams. I will admit, it was kinda silly seeing 2000 as the year on the time machine insted of 2004, but I was willing to go with it since it was so much fun. I had hoped it would be open so my kids could see it, because they would really like it(and I would be hearing my son mimicing it for the next three months), but unfortunately they haven't seen it and if it is really going away for good once Stitch opens, they won't get the chance to see it at all, which is really quite sad...
It is sad. . . but let me interject that since 2001, the clock HAS updated (2002, 2003). However, the decision made in January this year was to switch the clock BACK to 2000 because the World Trade Center is visible.

According to Cast Members, guests have responded positively to this.

Number_6

Ah, see that makes sense. I hadn't thought of that. It would be a little strange to have it say 2004 with that scene there, but then again, it being time travel it could have been the year 1999 that they are over NYC just as easily. But then they might have felt the need to re-record part of the show in order to explain that and since changing the year on it to 2000 would be alot cheaper and easier, that would really be the way to go, especially if you're thinking of closing the attraction down.

doop

I've always wanted to see the Timekeeper, but when we were there last, my parents said that the wait was too long so we didn't get to see it. :cry: I guess I will never know how it was.

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Today I hear that Timekeeper is closed. There won't be any saying goodbye, I guess. :(

This is Mr. Toad all over again. :( . . . but it's OKAY. Once it is gone, it can have a nice, shiny commemerative PIN, like this one! :brick:

747940.jpg

Number_6

MKCP 1985 said:
Today I hear that Timekeeper is closed. There won't be any saying goodbye, I guess. :(

This is Mr. Toad all over again. :( . . . but it's OKAY. Once it is gone, it can have a nice, shiny commemerative PIN, like this one! :brick:

747940.jpg

I have that pin. And the Horizons one like it. And a 20k one as well.

General Grizz

MKCP 1985 said:

747940.jpg
Timekeeper closed (to large crowds - but gotta keep that seasonal quota) around August 15th or 17th.

I wanna see it again.

Based on my vision for what it may turn into, I do not want to see it closed. If Disney can replace it with something HAVING TO DO WITH THE FUTURE with some form of TRULY inspirational foundation, heart, and originality, then I would embrace that change. Something about "Meet and Greet" or "Buzz Lightyear" does NOT cut it.

Until whatever change is made, Metropolis Science Center would serve as a GREAT "Fastpass filler" attraction when Stitch lines get long (hopefully they will). . . but alas, gotta keep the two animatronics and 9 screens in the dark. :rolleyes:

WDWScottieBoy

I was just thinking about something while reading this. IF Disney closes CoP and TK when Stitch opens, they better not blame it on attendance. Stitch is without a doubt going to have a large line so why not alleviate (sp?) some of that crowd and open TK and CoP up. There might be some first-time guests that would get to experience them for the first time and really enjoy them. Then there are those of us who HAVE to go on those each time we are there and wouldn't want to see them sit empty. I think all of the rides/shows need to be open to help with wait times and keep the attendance steady if not climbing. I'm going to be very upset if they do make the two rides "seasonal" and possibly never open then again.

doop

imagineer99 said:
Well, I think the reason that TimeKeeper (and all circlevision technology for that matter) never really caught on due to the fact that you have to stand. Let's face it, people just don't like to stand when experiencing an attraction.

When I went on it this past summer, I remember people openly complaining about having to stand.

Personally, I think the show is wonderful (however, would it have been so difficult to update the dial to read "2004" instead of "2000". )

Well, the show should be comended for its amazing animatronics and effects!
I will admit that I left O, Canada during the middle because my legs hurt. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom