No, It couldn't be, it wouldn't be. . . is it?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Hey all.

I've heard alot of people asking lately what the Homage to 20K is in Pooh's house at PPS (getting used to it). Anyway, i was just scanning through some pictures of the Spot (found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/magickingdom/fan-pooh.htm#ppspot -- scroll down a little) and I noticed Pooh's back door. Now, everyone LOOK at the picture and LOOK THROUGH your mind (or computer) for what the 20K subs LOOKed like, and what the most important feature of them was (other than the engine, the driver, the people and the theming, of course).

For those of you who haven't gotten it yet, I'm talking about the Portholes.

Odd, maybe my memory's going (at 14 I hope not) , but I don't remember there being that window in Pooh's back door in the movie/cartoons. And wait a second, why are the bars in the window conspicuously absent from the hole in the door?

If you didn't get it yet, I'm thinking that the window in the door might be a porthole from one of the Subs.

Hey, I could be wrong, there might be something else that's entirely different, but I'm thinking this could be it. Keep in mind I have this one picture to go by, and I have no Idea if the size of a porthole and the size of this window are even remotely close. But it does make you think, doesn't it?

Anybody who know's if I'm right, please confirm, and if you know I'm wrong, please confirm that.

Thanks!

Yensid "probably-doesn't-know-squat-about-what-he's-talking-about" tlaw1969

Connor002

I personally don't think thats the tribute that has been talked about, and if it is, wow, thats the best they could do!:eek: :mad:

My guess is that there's something inside.

Jerm

I am going to make the call.....Seeing things! I have one of the portholes from the 20,000 and they were all metal plus the size is off. I will look over it in person next week, but I think we need to keep looking for the tribute.

J

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Jerm said:
I am going to make the call.....Seeing things! I have one of the portholes from the 20,000 and they were all metal plus the size is off. I will look over it in person next week, but I think we need to keep looking for the tribute.

J
Thanks for the confirmation! I thought it might have just been one of those things you don't make the connection unless you're hoping for one. We shall press on :xmas: :lookaroun .

Wow, those must have been some pretty gifted Imagineers. The thing's been open for 4 days, we have official confirmation of a tribute, the general location of the tribute, and we still are in the dark!

Oh, by the way, I give official confirmation of a tribute in the house (I know not where though, as you may have guessed) :D .

Yensid "Where-the-heck-is-this-thing-!-?-!-?-!" tlaw1969

AliceFan

I hate to break it to ya, but that is not it. What they actually have in mind is, the book from 20K. However they never put it up or at least they haven't put it up yet. It will be in Pooh's house, (or Mr. Sanders however you think of it). I went in there today to check it out and guess what, no book, yet.

Connor002

Is this just wishful thinking on my part, or do i really see it?

WishfulThinking.JPG

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
AliceFan said:
I hate to break it to ya, but that is not it. What they actually have in mind is, the book from 20K. However they never put it up or at least they haven't put it up yet. It will be in Pooh's house, (or Mr. Sanders however you think of it). I went in there today to check it out and guess what, no book, yet.
I assume you mean the book 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, like on a bookshelf or a table or something? Well, that makes a heck of alot more sense than anything I thought of, lol. Thanks for the info! Just curious, if it hasn't been put in there yet, how do you know thats what they have in mind?

Thanks!

Yensid "Misses-the-ever-so-blatantly-obvious" tlaw1969

imagineer boy

Actually, I think I see another tribute! Look at the way the roots are shaped and the knots in the trees. Kinda looks like a giant squid?

Austin1

Does this whole piece of crap--uhh...err attraction just totally disgust anyone besides me :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: . Im sure it's great for little kids but im 18, owell maybe im just too old. Plus it looks like the cheapest way to fill the space. I hope it doesn't stay long.

GoldenFantasmic

Actually that still isn't it. But it is located near the large door. The homage is hidden very well inside Mr. Sander's house, and can be hard to locate at first, but rest assured, it truly is there. I know I said at one time that it was going to be a copy of the famous Jules Verne novel, but it looks like the imagineers wanted to make us all do a bit of searching to find it.

I will admit also that I was the person who started circulating the news about the homage. But like I said before it truly is there inside Pooh's house. By the end of this week I will put up a picture showing the exact place where to look to find the tribute, so until then, keep on searching...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Austin1 said:
Does this whole piece of crap--uhh...err attraction just totally disgust anyone besides me :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: . Im sure it's great for little kids but im 18, owell maybe im just too old. Plus it looks like the cheapest way to fill the space. I hope it doesn't stay long.

Austin, being you 18 i assume Everest appeals to you. I don't like roller coasters so for me it's just nice to look at. Not everything is for everyone.

GrandFloridian1

As you stand in front of Mr. Sander's house look up at the clouds in the sky and the imagineers have miraculously found a way to form submarine shapes out of the clouds. They've been working with NASA on this new technology. :animwink:

Magic Maker

TAC said:
Not having seen Pooh's Playful Spot in person yet, I can only read about it and look at pictures. However, since The WTP ride already has something from Mr Toad in it, why would WDI put something in Pooh's Playful Spot ?

From what I have read and seen, Pooh's Playful Spot does not take up much room in the 20K area. From the rumors that have been flying around all spring and summer, there will be some new attraction going in the area - probably behind Pooh's Playful Spot. Whatever attraction goes in there will probably have something symbolic of 20K.

My $0.02.

The entire area of 20K's old home is nothing but grass and trees now, it is completely filled in. I have been backstage during the construction and now with the opening. It is all covered with ground. Pooh's Spot takes up the queue area and part of the front part of the attraction's area.

Connor002

Look everyone! After weeks of research and investigation I finnaluy found the legendary tribute to dear departed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Here it is, and boy, was it a hard to find...

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom