No Fantasmic?

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I did a search but could find nothing relevant.

I was just checking July's park hours, and also checked out the entertainment for each day. Fantasmic at MGM seems to stop after July 15th.

Does anyone know what's up with that? Is Fantasmic only going on for half of July? If it is, that's really bad... :(

the_snow_prince

From what I've heard, Disney has not cancelled Fantasmic for next month. Chances are better that the showtimes are just not defined as of this time.

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
That's what I'm hoping.

It just worried me because at the start of July, Fantasmic is showing twice a night (up to the 6th). Then as they days go on, it's once a night. Then from July 16th, there's no mention of Fantasmic at all. Only the Cars parade.

gypsygrl113

I know ... I was wondering about that myself ... we are going to be down there in the middle of July ,and we love Fantasmic! I really hope its not cancelled.. does anyone else know anything about it?

TURKEY

Fantasmic will be performed every single night baring techincal difficulties or severe storms.

Any information about park hours and performances of parades and fireworks from the disney website are NOT VERY RELIABLE. Hours are not very accurate and it has said Fantasmic would be performed in the middle of the afternoon before.

ToTBellHop

This show is vastly popular; disney just doesn't want to get ahead of themselves with predicting this summer continues to be a crowded one at the parks; expect official showtimes to be announced in the next few weeks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz
Sorry if this has been mentioned before......I was just checking July's park hours..........Fantasmic at MGM seems to stop after July 15th.

It has been mentioned before.........and with the same result as your search - no more Fantasmic after July 15th.
In the previous thread it was put down to Disney not updating their web site - as Fantasmic is the biggest crowd puller for a single show performance and I think its got quite a future ahead.
Don't worry, it'll be there or my names not MKTiggerman

BoBa BoI

oh cool if everything goes as planned i'll be able to see fantasmic just before it goes away. its been in refurbishment for a while on the westcoast, and i've missed it too much. Infact, the last time i saw fantasmic was at WDW. It was great, the arena feel was extemely different from the Disneyland counterpart, but at least i got a seat for once and a great view. can't wait to see the show again

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, that's made me feel a lot better. I thought it would be strange just to stop it in the middle of summer.

I might shoot off an email to Guest Relations, see if they can tell me anything. I'll post any news here. I need to know to plan our itinerary! Well, there's still 3 weeks.... :lol:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by BoBa BoI
oh cool if everything goes as planned i'll be able to see fantasmic just before it goes away. its been in refurbishment for a while on the westcoast, and i've missed it too much. Infact, the last time i saw fantasmic was at WDW. It was great, the arena feel was extemely different from the Disneyland counterpart, but at least i got a seat for once and a great view. can't wait to see the show again

It's not going away.

RogueHabit

With the August Update at the Disney website, the Jult performances have been added back in.

Looks like it was probably an admin issue and Fantasmic will play throughout Jult! :D

Mr.Nutz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Ratcat
With the August Update at the Disney website, the Jult performances have been added back in.

Looks like it was probably an admin issue and Fantasmic will play throughout Jult! :D

Aha, so they have. Well spotted.

Only once a night through July and August. :(

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz

Aha, so they have. Well spotted.

Only once a night through July and August. :(
I think it has a lot to do with the sunset times.

A pyro show during the day just doesn't work. 9pm is probably the earliest they can do and that kinda kills anything later when the parks shut at 9. :(

disneyfan123

I love FANTASMIC!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait until Saturday.

*only 1 day to go*
"Its time to remember the magic...."
:hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom