No fanfare for the 50th anniversary of Pirates

Phroobar

I don't know how you keep your sanity moderating that madness. Glad to know that the boards there are still active though.
I've already kicked off a couple that can't figure out how to put politics in the World events section. If you want things to get nasty, just say something in favor of the president. It's very one sided.

We get about twelve spam threads a day from "new users". They have to approved before being seen by everyone. I just delete them all but I have to do it everyday.

Does anyone know what exactly is being done to POTC during the referb? Is it just a clean out and fix or are we getting projected mermaids? (I hope not.)

Last edited:

TP2000

Does anyone know what exactly is being done to POTC during the referb? Is it just a clean out and fix or are we getting projected mermaids? (I hope not.)

Good question. No one has said a word about it, which tells me it's just a regular refurb that Pirates gets every couple years to touch up the sets and repaint some things.

It may have just landed at the 50th by accident, since Pirates refurbs are usually in winter anyway.

Phroobar

You'd have to think there will be a cheap and easy nod to the new movie though. In this one there is a search for "the legendary Trident of Poseidon" so maybe that gets tossed in somewhere.
So they stick a Trident in the treasure room. How hard can that be? Maybe they can sell Trident gum in the gift shop?

Last edited:

Stevek

I live about 15 hours away and still have no incentive to stay there.
Sure, I'd love to, but I could buy a used car for the same price as staying a week at the Grand C. Hard to justify, seems irresponsible to choose to spend my money that way. Especially when we're rarely in the rooms.
Agreed. I think I paid $149/night with an AP rate 10 or so years ago...amazing how much it's gone up. I can get a 40% discount on rooms and still won't stay there.

dweezil78

Good question. No one has said a word about it, which tells me it's just a regular refurb that Pirates gets every couple years to touch up the sets and repaint some things.

It may have just landed at the 50th by accident, since Pirates refurbs are usually in winter anyway.

I'm hoping we get the new lighting package that WDW got a few years ago... and hopefully someone spending a minute to adjust the focus on the mist projection!!! (Grrrrrrrr) Edit: Ok, really WDW Magic? I can't say k-n-o-b!?!?

Phroobar

Isn't it great? I enjoy getting things past the censors. It's like playing Jenga.
3YkqLBq.gif

Phroobar

It would be nice if they returned a few missing pirates for the 50th. Maybe Barbossa can stop saying "Captain Jack Sparrow" at the end of every sentence.

Earl Sweatpants

Blurb on the new GC reno

In other news, the company announced it is renovating Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort, its first major renovation since its 2001 opening. While the project will focus on guestrooms, the Craftsman Club concierge lounge will be upgraded and new furniture will be brought into the lobby. Outside, redesigned pools and surrounding areas will be furnished with natural stones.

The rooms will keep their arts-and-crafts-inspired design but will add new furnishings, beddings, linens and bathroom fixtures.

GetImage

Doesn't look too bad.

westie

^^^Nice. I like it! I hope the tv's are replaced. On my last 2 stays the tv's weren't working properly.

Phroobar

Blurb on the new GC reno

In other news, the company announced it is renovating Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort, its first major renovation since its 2001 opening. While the project will focus on guestrooms, the Craftsman Club concierge lounge will be upgraded and new furniture will be brought into the lobby. Outside, redesigned pools and surrounding areas will be furnished with natural stones.

The rooms will keep their arts-and-crafts-inspired design but will add new furnishings, beddings, linens and bathroom fixtures.

GetImage

Doesn't look too bad.
Do they have a pirate suite so we can STAY ON TOPIC!:p

Earl Sweatpants

Not sure how much this counts as "fanfare", but there will be special 50th anniversary pins.

Mid-March brings a whole new set of swashbuckling fun to the world of pin trading. The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction hits its 50th Anniversary at Disneyland park, and the special pin collection is being released for the occasion. Annual Passholders have the chance to get a limited edition pin just for them (3,000 edition size). The other limited edition pins will can be bought as a boxed set that comes complete with a completer pin (500 edition size). However, for those who prefer to buy them individually, those pins have an edition size of 2,500.

VJ

Not sure how much this counts as "fanfare", but there will be special 50th anniversary pins.

Mid-March brings a whole new set of swashbuckling fun to the world of pin trading. The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction hits its 50th Anniversary at Disneyland park, and the special pin collection is being released for the occasion. Annual Passholders have the chance to get a limited edition pin just for them (3,000 edition size). The other limited edition pins will can be bought as a boxed set that comes complete with a completer pin (500 edition size). However, for those who prefer to buy them individually, those pins have an edition size of 2,500.
Did anyone not think Disney would be releasing merchandise? Was it a surprise to anyone? Come on, guys. Pins are always a given.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom