No Experation Date?

WEDROD

Original Poster
If I buy a 7 day pass this summer and use only 6 days can I the purchase the no experations option on that one day left or will Disney go back and charge for all 7 days even though I have used them?

mcjaco

I'm pretty sure you have to buy the no expiration option at the time of the ticket purchase.

Otherwise, they'd be losing money on people doing this exact same thing.

KingStefan

I'm pretty sure you have to buy the no expiration option at the time of the ticket purchase.

Otherwise, they'd be losing money on people doing this exact same thing.

No, you can buy it at any time, but you have to pay as though you bought them that way to begin with. I did this a few years ago. I bought 7 days, used up several days, then extended them to 10 days, and added the no expiration, then came back for another trip later in the year. It cost the same as if I had bought 10 days with no expiration to begin with, but it turned out to be a good deal for me because of my particular situation (don't ask - it's complicated).

I still have a few entitlements on those tickets, but the way they've restructured the MYW, I can't seem to find a worthwhile way to use them!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Joe and the King are correct

The no expiration option is rarely worth it. The only scenario that I have seen where the numbers work out is 2 separate trips totaling exactly 10 days taken more than a year apart and even then it is a stretch.

KingStefan

Joe and the King are correct

The no expiration option is rarely worth it. The only scenario that I have seen where the numbers work out is 2 separate trips totaling exactly 10 days taken more than a year apart and even then it is a stretch.

Yeah, that sounds about right. At the time (2005) the way the numbers worked out, I ended up with one AP premium and three MYW non-expiring 10-day "plus" park hopper tickets and saved a few hundred overall over four AP premiums. However, with today's price structure, if I were in the same situation, four APs would have been the better choice.

WEDROD

Original Poster
Thanks, I thought that was the case but I thought I would ask. I guess will just buy a one day one park if I come back at Christmas and save money vs buying a 7 day no experation.

trr1

No, you can buy it at any time, but you have to pay as though you bought them that way to begin with. I did this a few years ago. I bought 7 days, used up several days, then extended them to 10 days, and added the no expiration, then came back for another trip later in the year. It cost the same as if I had bought 10 days with no expiration to begin with, but it turned out to be a good deal for me because of my particular situation (don't ask - it's complicated).

I still have a few entitlements on those tickets, but the way they've restructured the MYW, I can't seem to find a worthwhile way to use them!
too bad you cant use them as a gift

CleveRocks

I agree that it's rarely worth it. Or rather, many people who buy it are throwing their money away.

But an easy scenario for using NE to its fullest is when someone does numerous trips when they use 2 or 3 park days per trip over the course of more than a year. These people make out like bandits and should kiss whoever is responsible for the whole NE thing.

But I definitely agree that for most people, all they are doing is making Disney richer and unnecessarily costing themselves extra money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom