No Christmas Parade broadcast in Orlando

:xmas: All I can say is I better not have gone to MK that day a couple of weeks ago and sat in the sun baking for 5 hours to watch Paulina Rubio sing over and over and over and get makeup and adjust her hair over and over and over, followed by clap, wave, clap, clap, wave, smile, clap,wave ............................................... to have WFTV not show the parade so my whole family can laugh at me!!!!! :sohappy: :wave: :animwink:

Here is a small conversation I had with the programming Director over at WFTV-ABC affiliate. Can someone tell me if im at all out of line here on this one?

ME:--Please tell me that there is an error in your programming guide for
> Christmas morning. Why is it not showing the Disney Christmas Day
> Parade at 10am like the rest of the ABC stations? And please tell me
> that I did not go sit in the sun the day of the taping for 5 hours to
> make sure that I was seen by the ABC cameras so that I could tell
> everyone to make sure and watch, just so that the local affiliate here
> is not even going to show the parade in the city where Walt Disney
> World is located?? Pleas let me know something as soon as possible.
> Thank you in advance.

Director:--We'll be airing it on WRDQ (21 on Brighthouse) at 5pm on Christmas
> Day.

ME:--Why is it not being shown at 10am though here in Orlando of all places, since it is in the morning time all over the rest of the country?
Since this is where it was filmed and all, just curious?

Director:--The fact that it's taped here in Orlando really isn't related to the fact that we're airing it at a different time.

ME:--Well, that did not answer my question at all. The point was that the
rest of the country is airing it at 10am on their corresponding ABC
channel, and here it is being pushed out to 5pm on a completely
different channel that is not our local ABC affiliate ABC. Thank you
anyway for your time. :brick:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
I got the same response this morning to an inquiry I made via their website over the weekend. Time to do a new search on the TiVo to see if I can find it and schedule the recording.

Blizz

I don't know what makes less sense, the fact they they are choosing to not air it because of Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures and This Week or the fact they they own 2 networks, one an ABC affilate and one and Independent network, and they are airing it on the Ind. network rather then the affilated station.

TTATraveler

Blizz said:
I don't know what makes less sense, the fact they they are choosing to not air it because of Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures and This Week or the fact they they own 2 networks, one an ABC affilate and one and Independent network, and they are airing it on the Ind. network rather then the affilated station.

Agreed!!

The fact that it is being aired on an independent station instead of the ABC affiliate says a lot to me. Seems like a no brainer to me for it to be shown on the ABC affiliate, but I guess the managmenent at WFTV thinks otherwise. :brick: Since I am in the New York City market, I guess my expectations are too high.

mom2of2

Well at least it's on. I know that's not the point but 5pm works better for me anyway since I will be at one of the parks by 9am.

KevinPage

To make it even weirder here in Orlando.

Regis and Kelly (and ABC show) is shown on the NBC affliate. No idea why.

Heck, even my cable provider doesn't offer ABC HD in Orlando. But they do al the other stations.

What was it that Randy Newman sang in Toy Story, "strange things are happening my friends".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nemo14

KevinPage said:

Heck, even my cable provider doesn't offer ABC HD in Orlando. But they do al the other stations.

What was it that Randy Newman sang in Toy Story, "strange things are happening my friends".

We also get Regis & Kelly on a non-ABC station (actually NBC) I just assumed that they were not affiliated with any specific network.

TTATraveler

KevinPage said:

Is the whole Orlando market weird? I guess Regis and Kelly are mostly on ABC stations, but don't have to be broadcasted on ABC. I am pretty sure they film at ABC's studios in NYC though.

peter11435

Regis and Kelly is owned and produced by Disney however they are syndicated and are not associated with a single network. Different affiliates in different markets pay to pick them up. I know in South Florida they air on the Fox affiliate.

KevinPage

peter11435 said:
Regis and Kelly is owned and produced by Disney however they are syndicated and are not associated with a single network. Different affiliates in different markets pay to pick them up. I know in South Florida they air on the Fox affiliate.

Interesting. That's one thing I miss about Long Island, you didn't deal with all these cheeseball affiliates. You got the REAL station.

I checked my local listings, Xmas parade is NOT even on at all. How the heck could that be :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu

Blizz

Many shows are syndicated. It's like how other film companies like Disney use Universal's lot out in Hollywood to produce their films.

The Tony Danza Show for example is purchased by each individual station in each market that chooses to air it. During his game portion of the show he thanks each station that has picked up his show when he announces the network that the viewer watches his show on (cheesy attempt to please station managers... prob. why WPVI-TV/DT is choosing to can his show, ironically they had a meeting about it just before he got to Philly to be in their parade).

I agree it is nice having the real deal (a broadcast owned network rather then affilate, you can really see the quality difference)

DisneyfanTN

parade

hey guys this is nick from abc affiliate wkrn news 2 in franklin tennessee, and no showing of the parade is listed like they do every year on christmas day! what the hell? all they have is basketball in its place!

dxwwf3

Our local ABC station is sending the WDW Christmas Parade to the UPN channel at 12 pm (as far as I know). So for all of the Tri Cities WDWMagic'ers, look for it on WAPK.

DisneyfanTN

uhhhhhhhhh

god instead of the parade,which is supposed to be on my abc station wkrn news 2 is showing lilo and sitch the series the basketball, and the abc website still shows the parade as being on 10/9 central

peter11435

1disneydood said:
Looks like I'm not the only one dissapointed to see no broadcasting in my area. :( Merry Christmas anyway everyone.

Wow, they just had Raven talk about Everest. She was in the queue for the ride. they showed the train rolling into and out of the station. they also showed a few short on ride clips mostly just rockwork. And best of all a split section shot of the yeti. All you could really make out those was its outline. Hopefully someone can get it up on the internet.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
peter11435 said:
Wow, they just had Raven talk about Everest. She was in the queue for the ride. they showed the train rolling into and out of the station. they also showed a few short on ride clips mostly just rockwork. And best of all a split section shot of the yeti. All you could really make out those was its outline. Hopefully someone can get it up on the internet.

I should have a digital copy of the broadcast on my computer tonight (showing at 5PM here) that I'll be able to pull some video caps off of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom