No CBJ on MK map!

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
Sorry if this news was posted already...

I only today received the newest WDW Vacation planning DVD in the mail. On pages 7 and 8 of the planning guide there's the typical map of the Magic Kingdom with numbers on it, and the corresponding rides/attractions for those numbers.
What worries me, though...now you better sit down for this griz ...is that there's no Country Bear Jamboree on the map. No listing at all for it!
Granted there's no listing for 'lesser' attractions such as the shooting arcade, but does this mean CBJ has been relegated to a 'lesser attraction'. The next step is "demolished for your future enjoyment", right? There ARE listings for "Cinderella's Surprise Celebration", the Riverboat, and even the Swiss Family Treehouse, but NO CBJ !?!?! What does it all mean, I ask! WHAT?!?!

OH, the humanity of it all!!!!

Man I hope this was just a typo or mistaken omission.

Any thoughts?
Griz?
ANYONE???

surfsupdon

Maybe it's closed during that period so it can ahve its Christmas make over and they did not even mention it on the map.

Just a thought, no fact behind it yet.:xmas:

General Grizz

CBJ will be closed for a week in November. By no means is it a "lesser attraction. . ." - - it has always appeared on the various outside-WDW maps.

If this thing is still released after November, then I'll start asking some questions.

Thanks for bringing it up. Scary thought. :lookaroun

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
You know those free pamphlets that are available in hotel lobbies? They have new ones, and they don't list The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

meeko_33785

Disney is notorious for leaving attractions that are not as markatable of the MK map they send out in brochures or planning videos. I know for years "Snow White's Scary Adventures", "Enchanted Tiki Room", and the Carousel, among others, were left off.

Scooter

I just got back from Walt Disney World 2 weeks ago and went to the Magic Kingdom twice.

BOTH times there were no lines for CBJ...NONE...it was open but people were walking by it like it didn't even excist. It was kind of sad.

Maybe this is the beginning of the end of our beloved Bear troop.

I was, however, there early both times...like 10-11AM..maybe the attraction is just more popular in the afternoons? Who knows.

General Grizz

So Scooter, CBJ is your least favorite attraction and you go out to monitor guests? "Beloved" attraction for you? since when?? :lol:

Yes, CBJ is most popular in the afternoons. It opens at 10:00.

I'll tell you that based on attendance figures by Cast Members over the past months, there has been nothing of a decline. If you see the area empty, the clock will read "18 minutes till showtime...as in, 260 guests max entered the area.

I'll confirm that CBJ is not having attendance issues.

Bagheera

If we're going to get hyper about it, let's get a complete list of things listed as "attractions" on the standard Magic Kingdom map that are not on that "Magical Gatherings" brochure map.

• City Hall
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Guest Information Board
  • Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
  • Fairytale Garden
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Minnie's Country House
  • Mickey's Country House
  • Tomorrowland Arcade
  • Tomorrowland Stage
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
  • Galaxy Palace Theater

Oddly enough, Timekeeper is listed in the brochure, but CoP isn't. I'm not sure if we should be nervous or not... :lookaroun

General Grizz

Because CoP is seasonal, Pooh and Bear don't make sense. What - do they want to make BOTH into Brother Bear attractions? :lol: Or perhaps Pooh is having some legal issues.. :lookaroun

Argh. That's not good at all. My two favorite attractions aren't even on the vacation maps anymore.

Come on, Rasulo. . .

Dr Albert Falls

You are correct about Pooh having legal issues. Because of the ongoing ownership lawsuit, Disney does not use Pooh in any of its advertising (notice how the Pooh ride is left out of the DVD completely, even though its newer than some of the "new attractions"! And in case you've never noticed, the Pooh walk-around NEVER appears in any recent WDW video or commercial!)

As for CBJ--- I noticed they just recently (within weeks?) put a "next show begins" digital clock OUTSIDE the building. So they're obviously not abandoning the show.

General Grizz

And CBJ will be closed at least three days (starting today) to change to the VERY popular Christmas Show. . .

The Next Show sign was put in place late last year, I believe.

(P.S. Wendell got a new hat this past year! :lol: )

suzynstitch

the country bears will be "closing" for their Christmas show. so it is not going to be the country bear jamboree until next year. when the holiday show starts, that is what SHOULD be listed on the maps...however should is the key word here.

General Grizz

It doesn't matter; Big Thunder Mountain was down for nearly three months of refurbishment, and it's on the map. CBJ closed this past Monday and will reopen quite possibly tomorrow.

The Christmas show is only about a month long, and it is usually even more popular than the original show (as it is holiday season).

Hmm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom