No car, need Dr. Pepper

habuma

Original Poster
We'll be in DLR (staying at Paradise Pier Hotel) in a couple of weeks and are starting to get anxious that our Dr. Pepper addiction will not be fed while there.

We won't have a car, so getting around the area won't be easy. I know that there are places that deliver groceries to your resort in WDW, but what about DLR? Any tips on the cheapest, most convenient way to get some Dr. Pepper in our room at Paradise Pier will be greatly appreciated.

lilclerk

I'm pretty positive there is a 7-11 a couple of blocks away that you could walk to.
http://goo.gl/maps/qxx71
Yeah it's right down the street. You could get a quick cab ride too, I suppose. I walked over when I stayed at the Anabella and discovered I had forgotten to bring contact lens solution. I am the worst packer.
If you go the other way, looks like there's a CVS.

If you'd rather get delivery, you can order from Vons.
http://grocery-delivery.vons.com/ca/anaheim.html

coachwnh

alright @raven24 , can you get groceries delivered like WDW? We are thinking of flying into CA next year then driving from there to AZ. If thats the case, we won't have the car to shop like the last two summers. This would be great to know. Any idea on this? Thanks

Californian Elitist

I'm pretty sure you can get groceries delivered through either Ralph's (don't think this exists on the east coast) or Vons. But there is a 7-Eleven right across the street from the park.

habuma

Original Poster
Yeah, I saw that 7-11 on Google Maps...and I don't mind walking to it. On our first day, however, we're in the park until very late and I'd rather not way to 7-11 that late (nor do I want to delay our entry into the park by going there first). Was hoping to just have some DP in the hotel by the time (or shortly after) we arrive.

Vons and Ralph's sound like an option. Thanks for the tips.

thomas998

Yeah, I saw that 7-11 on Google Maps...and I don't mind walking to it. On our first day, however, we're in the park until very late and I'd rather not way to 7-11 that late (nor do I want to delay our entry into the park by going there first). Was hoping to just have some DP in the hotel by the time (or shortly after) we arrive.

Vons and Ralph's sound like an option. Thanks for the tips.

Check with the hotel directly first, but in the past we have had things delivered to a Disney resort prior to our arrival so it was there when we got there. I can't remember the exact things you have to have noted on the delivery, I think it was your name and when you were checking in and then they just held it until we arrived. But you might want to verify with the resort as to what exactly they require.

teacherlady19

Ralphs and Vons both deliver. (Ralphs is related to the Kroger chain, and Vons is related to Safeway). There's a liquor store right down on Katella, in walking distance, that will probably have Dr Pepper.

Donna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom