Nintendo World Seattle Resort (COMPLETED!)

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Nintendo Bay Water Park
D640C2ED-2A0C-4ECD-988C-168C600F5282.jpeg

As part of the expansion plans for Nintendo World Seattle, Nintendo Bay would open on July 15, 2033, 50 years to the day of the release of the Famicom/NES in Japan. 1/3 of this water park would be built indoors, since this water park is located in the Northern US.

Here are the lands of the water park:

Alola: This is the entry and indoor section of the water park, themed to the seventh generation of Pokemon. You can continue your Pokemon catching journey here, or you can go on some water slides.

Mario’s Beach: Themed to the many tropical-themed locations in the Mario universe, this is also a fun section of Nintendo Bay.

Inkopolis: Themed to Splatoon, you can explore the city, ride water slides, and engage in a Splat Battle with water guns and water balloons.

There are also plans to add another themed area to Nintendo Bay.

As for a layout, Alola is the first area accessed (and the only area open during winter) and Mario is located to the north-west, Splatoon to the north-east (making an incomplete circle layout, when the expansion land opens, the park will be a circle)
I don’t know when I’ll post the next post since school starts tomorrow, but the next post will detail the Alola Region and its rides and attractions.

See you next episode​

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Alola Region
5DFBEFD6-84C7-4C47-898A-0B64E9A19F5A.jpeg

(Note, for the water park, since it will be open after the main resort, posts will be simpler)

After heading through the gates (either from the entrance or from the hotel) you arrive in an indoor tropical paradise, similar to the landscape of the games Pokemon Sun and Moon (there is also an indoor water park in Germany that is basically a rainforest).

Attractions:

Tapu Twisters: 4 multicolored (yellow, pink, red, purple) tube slides with water splashes, themed to the Tapu legendary quartet
Mantine Surfer: A ”FlowRider” attraction themed to the Mantine Surfing feature in Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon
Ultra Warp Ride: An indoor water coaster ride that features hills both up and down, themed to the legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma.
Poke Ball Cruise: A lazy river attraction where the tubes are different types of Poke Balls, you cruise through a volcano and a jungle where you encounter animatronic Pokemon
Starter Tower: An explorable water fortress attraction (commonly found at many water parks) with four medium-sized slides, themed to Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, and Pikachu.
Pikachu’s Beach: A smaller kid’s sprayground themed to Pikachu and Alolan Raichu.

You can also continue your Pokémon training and catching experience here, there are Pokemon found in Alola that can’t be found in Kanto!

During the Halloween season, spooky decor is added, and more ghost, dark, psychic, and fairy-type Pokemon can be found.

As for dining, you can eat at the Battle Buffet, which serves Polynesian and Pokemon-themed food. Unlike the location with the same name from Pokemon Sun and Moon, food isn’t limited, and it doesn’t cost a Pokemon battle!

That was it for today, I hope to post Mario’s Beach during this three day weekend, hopefully on Labor Day. Stay tuned!​

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Mario’s Beach
46458EE3-E532-4710-8652-B0273579D7B4.jpeg

Taking the left exit from Alola leads us to Mario’s Beach, which is themed to a generic beach locale from the Mario universe. There is a lot of fun to be had here!

Attractions:
Mario’s Waves: A wave pool shaped like a Super Mushroom.
Power-Up Pass: Four body slides (red, orange, yellow, green) themed to the most iconic Mario power ups, Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Starman, and 1-Up Mushroom.
Shadow Mario‘s Goop Chute: A themed “Tornado” slide attraction (kinda similar to a slide at the defunct Wet ‘n’ Wild in Orlando) themed to Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr from Super Mario Sunshine.
Mario Kart: Beachside Racing: A 8-lane mat racer slide obviously themed to Mario Kart (the lanes are themed to Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Bowser).
Peach Beach: A kids sprayground that features some small slides (similar to the kids area at California’s Great America’s water park).
There are also volleyball courts in this land, where you can play with an inflatable Cheep Cheep ball (similar to the hard minigame from Super Mario Odyssey).

As for food, you can stop at the Coconut Cafe and get some Mario themed food. As for meet and greets, they don‘t occur in Nintendo Bay because it is a water park.

The next land will be Inkopolis, but that will have to wait until Friday/Saturday because of a certain new Splatoon game releasing soon (which might impact the attractions for that land). Stay tuned for what’s coming soon!

Last edited:

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Anyways, on to the next post!

Inkopolis

63D29579-9442-48B9-B461-5FFBF6E52B7D.jpeg

The right exit out of Alola, however, leads to Inkopolis, a city-themed land that you can explore. There is also a lot of fun to be found here, too. Yes, it is ironic that Splatoon has a section in the water park because Inklings cannot survive in water.

Attractions:

Moray Towers (Slide Complex): A slide complex consisting of multiple slides.
Humpback Pumptrack: ProSlide family tube slide with a half pipe element.
Urchin Underpass: 4 Tube slides that have indoor and outdoor sections.
Inkstrikers: 2 Body slides with multiple small dips.
Splashdown: 2 steep water slides with a trapdoor element.
(The colors of all of these slides correspond to Inkling colors in Splatoon 1, 2, and 3)

Other Attractions:
The Reef: Kids activity pool with water basketball hoops and Splatoon-themed objects to play with.
Splat Battle!: The real life version of the main format of Splatoon, 2 or 3 teams use water guns and other water tools to defeat the other teams and claim the most turf.

As for restaurants, there is a counter service location serving Japanese food, another snack location, and the shops are based on the shops at Inkopolis in Splatoon 1 where you can purchase clothing (and here, other generic merch as well).

The next post will be for the expansion possibilities of the water park, which should come out no later than Friday, there are only two more major posts left on this thread, btw!

Disney Warrior

Original Poster
Nintendo Bay Expansion

In case Nintendo Bay gets a fourth land, it will be located in between Mario’s Beach and Inkopolis, making the water park a complete circle. This expansion land would open in no later than 2040. Here are some possibilities.

The Legend of Zelda:

72A2DF0C-E29C-45CC-A72B-498D17A20836.jpeg

This land would most likely be themed to The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, since it has a “watery” theme (other Zelda water dungeons could also be referenced, as well).
Possible attractions could include slides themed to Link’s moveset, racing slides based on the four multicolored Links, and an explorable interactive water dungeon.

Metroid:
AD42B119-58E5-4717-99A3-C005FF9B3BBA.jpeg

For a “beachy“ water park, Metroid might be a tough inclusion. But, it is possible since there are many water levels in Metroid games. Since I’m not a fan of these series I won’t list many ride ideas, but they could be based on Metroid characters and gameplay.

Of course, similar logic could also be used to explain why franchises like Kirby, Donkey Kong, Yoshi‘s Island, and Pikmin could potentially have a themed land in Nintendo Bay. Remember, Nintendo‘s plans might change!

This thread’s final post coming soon!​

Disney Warrior

Original Poster

9DD5DE70-1091-4934-9B4A-09E7B51D17CF.png

The Final Update

Alright folks, here we go. This is end of the Nintendo World journey, a tale of rises and falls, including a near-cancellation. In case you guys are wondering, I’ve learned my lesson on making large-scale projects/dream resorts, I probably won’t be making another one quite like this, at least in a long time. Of course, I will still be active on this forum, liking and replying in other dream resorts/general chat threads, and participating in small-scale comps (not big ones like GMR, though, I’ve learned that lesson, too). I’d like to thank my fellow armchair imagineers for sticking along with the ride, as well.

The concept for this dates back to a concept I thought of in bed sometime during early 2022 (or was it late 2021?), when Disneyland Texas was still being made. I attached Nintendo IPs to the Magic Kingdom lands (it’s wild how they fit so well), and as they say, the rest is history.

During the pre-revival era, NWS was just one park and one hotel (the water park and second hotel didn’t come until after the revival), and the expansion land was planned to be a Splatoon land (yes, I kinda intended this post to be posted the day Splatoon 3 releases), but after almost turning this project into open brainstorming, I decided on the “expansion land having multiple possibilities” idea that I think worked out better.

I don’t think anything like this has been done on the forum before as a solo project (I am aware of the Digital Worlds park from OLS, but that was from a comp). Even though this project wasn’t as popular as my Disney resorts, I still think that this might be the best thing I‘ve worked on in this forum (yes, this might be up there with Blight Reef‘s menu and some parts of Disneyland Texas as my best work), but let’s not discourage unfamiliar IPs with making armchair imagineering projects, even projects based on crappy movies can still make great rides, but that’s a little off topic.

Anyways, I hope you guys have enjoyed the ride while it lasted, I’ll see you in the imagineering forum!

E68D9C9C-2776-43A0-B9E8-040FDF04C9AA.jpeg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
View attachment 647279
This just in, a new dream resort project by the one and only Disney Warrior, but minus the Disney. We are going to do something unique here, a Nintendo World! Here, you will be able to meet your favorite Nintendo characters, from Mario to Pikachu, Isabelle to Samus.
I’m doing something new with this resort, and that is some basic IPad drawings! View attachment 647280Warrior Enterprises and Nintendo acquired a large area of land north of Seattle, WA, as seen above, and we will make this a big Nintendo theme park alongside a hotel!

Park Layout and list of lands coming tomorrow!

(Also, this project will be mostly realistic, there’s a low chance that this
will actually happen in real life considering that Universal has the rights to Nintendo IPs in theme parks, consider this to be an alternate timeline where SNW didn’t happen.)
Don't say "Disney minus the Disney".
Say "Adding the Disney"
I know it's silly, but...you are pitching TO DISNEY. And/or Disney fans. So, "yeah, this isn't Disney" is a bad start.

Minor...I'll keep going.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hyrule

View attachment 658673

The first thing you see as you enter Hyrule is the Lost Woods. You can either simply take the normal path to Hyrule Field, or you can take the more challenging path, which is a hedge maze. Guests who use the hedge maze are rewarded with some rupees.
The path opens up to reveal the vast Hyrule Field, with views of Hyrule Castle and Death Mountain in the distance. Merchants are selling Zelda-themed merchandise, and there is a tavern (Castle Tavern) that serves Zelda-inspired food and a shooting gallery (Link’s Crossbow Training) where you can practice your archery skills and shoot arrows at targets.
Inside of Hyrule Castle is the entrance to one of the park’s most thrilling attractions, Link’s Triforce Adventure. This is a Mack Rides triple-launch coaster (which also features inversions) themed to Link getting the Triforce and fighting Ganon. This ride is not particularly themed to any Zelda game, it is based on multiple (such as Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, and Breath of the Wild). Nearby is the Lon Lon Ranch, home to a children’s attraction named Lon Lon Stables, which is a horse attraction similar to Royal Joust at Legoland Florida. In the back section of the land, near the entrance to the Mushroom Kingdom is the Master Sword. This is a Gerstlauer Sky Fly flat ride (TMNT at Nickelodeon Universe Mall of America) where guests can control their flipping.

The path to the east of Master Sword leads to the Mushroom Kingdom, the biggest land in the park. Of course, it is covered by mountains, but the first attraction you see when you enter Mushroom Kingdom from Hyrule is a Captain Toad play area, but that land will be explored in greater detail in the future. Enjoy!

I really like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom