Nintendo Wii U tour arrives at Downtown Disney starting today

dman1373

What exactly is the point of this? What is the objective?

It is for e3 as they will have demos for new games going to alot of best buys around the country and some other spots. Its not really a special thing for downtown disney. They decided instead of spending all there money on a huge presentation, they will just have an online presentation and use the money to send demos around the us.
I think its better this way.

bsiev1977

They're really not doing themselves any favors by doing this instead of e3. Clearly they had nothing to bring to the table and with e3 basically writing them off, they have some very hard times ahead.

There was no way Nintendo could compete this year with what Sony and Microsoft will be bringing to the show.

Captain Neo

It is for e3 as they will have demos for new games going to alot of best buys around the country and some other spots. Its not really a special thing for downtown disney. They decided instead of spending all there money on a huge presentation, they will just have an online presentation and use the money to send demos around the us.
I think its better this way.

This doesn't have anything to do with E3 if there doing it this week. They won't be showing any new games until they are announced next Tuesday

Sped2424

Also nintendo is holding its own conference via nintendo direct, and if I know anything about nintendo is that their first party software helps immensely look how poorly the 3ds did when it came out, now its proving to be rather successful thanks to the bulk of titles out. The wii u has suffered the same launch issues as the 3ds which was a lack of new first party titles or new third party titles, they basically rehashed games that had been out for a while and gave them to the wii u. I think e3 might be a turnaround point for the system especially if super smash is involved.

SirLink

They're really not doing themselves any favors by doing this instead of e3. Clearly they had nothing to bring to the table and with e3 basically writing them off, they have some very hard times ahead.

They are still going to E3, still doing a Nintendo Direct for E3, still have a booth at E3 - only thing they aren't doing is a live Press conference.

I would worry about 2 other systems on the horizon as well.

Sped2424

I completely agree. People have been underestimating Nintendo since the SNES. The real company that needs to be worried is Microsoft and their disastrous Xbox One event.

God I could not agree with you more, it seems they forgot to really showcase and emphasize the one feature truly care about the xbox, the gaming.

Sped2424

Wait...gaming consoles aren't about TV?

Of course they are, you get them to watch tv on your tv and record tv from your dvr which records on your tv so you can keep up with fantasy football while you watch tv.........
a88.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom