Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Jon81uk

I don't want augmented reality, I just want physical props and actual speed.

There is Radiator Springs Racers at DCA for that.

I think Mario Kart should combine both, you want some feeling of control and seeing a shell fly from your kart, but also I want to be speeding round a course made with "real" buildings, so hopefully they can get the tech working to have physical tracks but virtual weapons.
and I definitely don't want to wear a headset.

lazyboy97o

There is Radiator Springs Racers at DCA for that.

I think Mario Kart should combine both, you want some feeling of control and seeing a shell fly from your kart, but also I want to be speeding round a course made with "real" buildings, so hopefully they can get the tech working to have physical tracks but virtual weapons.
and I definitely don't want to wear a headset.
You’ll definitely be wearing a headset if you want to see everything.

sedati

From the pics it looks like the ride is rendered in a more realistic style as opposed to emulating the look established in the video games which the rest of the land seems to be so spectacularly bringing to life. Odd choice.
1596762385670.png

The land looks like a colorful fun Nintendo game brought to life while the ride looks like a washed-out, third party X-BOX release.
Too early to judge of course, but this feels off to me.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

From the pics it looks like the ride is rendered in a more realistic style as opposed to emulating the look established in the video games which the rest of the land seems to be so spectacularly bringing to life. Odd choice.
View attachment 489399
The land looks like a colorful fun Nintendo game brought to life while the ride looks like a washed-out, third party X-BOX release.
No you have very valid point. but again its hard to determine that from this until we see more of the ride.

Mike S

View attachment 489399
It does actually line up with how they make Bowser’s Castle look in Mario Kart. There will be other more colorful tracks too.

BubbaisSleep

View attachment 489399
Someone pointed on the Universal forum that if you watch past commercials of USJ rides, they all are like this.
They go the very GCI route in all of their promos. Doesn't really reflect the ride itself but shows exaggerated things you may come across while riding.

sedati

It does actually line up with how they make Bowser’s Castle look in Mario Kart. There will be other more colorful tracks too.
Atmospherics, motion blur, and focal depth are all amazing cgi tools, but ones I hope aren't used in this particular ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom