Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

BasiltheBatLord

O
I don't know, maybe there's some global crisis or something that's keeping them from announcing a firm opening date (or even holding an Olympics.) But I'm just theorizing here.
Yeah I can see that. I’m not talking about the fact that they’re not announcing a date right now, I’m talking about the fact that within 5 years of announcement there has never been any concrete opening timeline and how unusual that is.

Tom Morrow

I'm trying to be less negative since the shutdown has helped me re-evaluate things, but my god that is unbelievably cramped and cluttered. I hope it looks better from ground level.

I thought the removal of construction scaffolding might improve how cluttered it looks, but it did not.

BubbaisSleep

Wow, I think the land looks incredible. I’m hoping for a Diagon situation, where hopefully the buildings provide some shade. I’m trying to imagine it to scale, as of course it looks tiny in pictures. But that bridge leading to the future DK expansion looks to be pretty big when imagining a person under it which which is a good thing.

JT3000

Orlando was always getting a clone of Japan’s full build out. Zelda and Pokémon would have been unique.

Evidently, but I distinctly remember certain insiders saying we would be the only ones getting DK. Zelda and Pokemon were never part of this newer plan for the land. They supposedly want to build those elsewhere, although I don't know if they're still even being considered.

Yeah I can see that. I’m not talking about the fact that they’re not announcing a date right now, I’m talking about the fact that within 5 years of announcement there has never been any concrete opening timeline and how unusual that is.

They've been saying summer of 2020 for quite a while. Universal doesn't usually get more specific than that until a few moths prior to opening, but obviously that wasn't possible in this case.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Evidently, but I distinctly remember certain insiders saying we would be the only ones getting DK. Zelda and Pokemon were never part of this newer plan for the land. They supposedly want to build those elsewhere, although I don't know if they're still even being considered.
Donkey Kong was never exclusive, just Phase 2 for Japan which might have opened after Epic Universe. Zelda was to replace Lost Continent and Pokémon was Kid’s Zone after Mario and Donkey Kong were moved to Epic Universe.

BrianLo

What happened to this being an Orlando exclusive? 🤔 Looks like Japan is getting everything we are, long before we do.

Timed exclusive, rather than true exclusive. Donkey Kong was developed specifically to fit Japan's plot.

Nintendoland has essentially been pushed back multiple times now in Orlando. Losing that window in the process.

@Mike S did rail about this multiple times though and was technically proved right. There was no technical benefit to Orlando pushing off the project. Other than taking all the best ideas once meant for USO (Nintendo/Ministry of Magic).

Theoretically though it can be expanded in Epic Universe after the fact. A decade from now it might be the best version, but not upfront.

Mike S

Timed exclusive, rather than true exclusive. Donkey Kong was developed specifically to fit Japan's plot.

Nintendoland has essentially been pushed back multiple times now in Orlando. Losing that window in the process.

@Mike S did rail about this multiple times though and was technically proved right. There was no technical benefit to Orlando pushing off the project. Other than taking all the best ideas once meant for USO (Nintendo/Ministry of Magic).

Theoretically though it can be expanded in Epic Universe after the fact. A decade from now it might be the best version, but not upfront.
There is an expansion plot supposedly ear marked for Nintendo so we’ll see.

Lintemuthstudios

I semi-agree with this, semi-don't. I get why they delayed it, but no one can deny that SNW + Ministry of Magic would have elevated USO from good-tier to god-tier in terms of theme park quality.

Imagine a park with four new rides (three e-tickets in Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Ministry of Magic, and a c ticket in Yoshi), an entire new land (SNW), and two great new shows (Bourne and the lagoon show). That would have been fantastic. Epic Universe could have opened with Pokemon, maybe Zelda too, another Dreamworks property, and some sort of new get (LOTR is always speculated). Things would have been fine. Instead, we have a lackluster USF and a great new park.

Lintemuthstudios

1591586358847.png

sedati

View attachment 475131
Looks great. I love the backdrop still has sculpted elements.
Pirannah plants are in matching positions and comparing with other photos, they don't seem to have moved (other elements like Yoshi have been photographed over time showing movement.) Not a confirmation that they are static, but it is looking like they are.
Also, this land will have one of the best soundtracks guaranteed. I wonder if it will be more 8bit or orchestral.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom